How do you think the fans will react when Favre comes out for his ceremony?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That's absurd...you really have no class yourself if you cannot even root for the guy that put Green Bay back on the map. Seriously, grow up. You are probably like 80 years old too...
This says a lot more about you than it says about me. Favre did not put the Packers back on the map. That would be Bob Harlan, Ron Wolf, and Mike Holmgren. And you are probably so immature you're a Favre fan instead of a Packers fan.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This says a lot more about you than it says about me. Favre did not put the Packers back on the map. That would be Bob Harlan, Ron Wolf, and Mike Holmgren. And you are probably so immature you're a Favre fan instead of a Packers fan.

Personally, I think Reggie White helped put the Packers back on the map too.

OP
OP
Mushroom

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Anyways.. All went well it seemed.

Who was that in the black sweater behind them when Favre and Starr embraced? He looked super familiar, but couldn't place the face.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Anyways.. All went well it seemed.

Who was that in the black sweater behind them when Favre and Starr embraced? He looked super familiar, but couldn't place the face.

E. Wolf. He was Bretts biggest Fan really.

U.P. Packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on people! Wake up! The F word wasn't dumped by the Packers he forced his way out of town! He tried and failed to pull the same stunt in Green Bay that he successfully pulled in New York. His "retirements" were never real. Just look at what happened in both places. When he supposedly retired in Green Bay he figured the Pack would spend enough money that when he unretired they would be over the cap and have to release him. The only thing that ruined that plan was that the team kept enough cap room to accommodate him when he came back. When it became clear to him that he wasn't going to get cut he tried to demand that the Packers release him so he could go to the Vikes. The Jets didn't keep enough cap room because they went out and drafted Sanchez when Bratt had his 2nd fake retirement announcement, and they had to release him so he was free to go to Minnesota where he wanted to be.
I could have understood if he had just said he wanted out of Green Bay. I wouldn't have liked it but I could have understood it. Instead he made up stories about how the team forced him out which caused a lot of dissension among Packer fans and those who just idolized the F word. He will be put in the NFL Hall of Fame but should never have been put in the Packers' Hall. The only place his number should be hung is on the back of every ****** in Lambeau Field.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Glad that he was treated right. And really glad that bygones are bygones. And the dusk settled.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think Reggie White helped put the Packers back on the map too.
Reggie had stated in the press before he ever signed with the Packers that he wanted to go to a team that was a Super Bowl comtender. If not for Favre, I don't think Reggie would have ever landed in Green Bay.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're implying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is not a Packer fan, you're way off base.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If you're implying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is not a Packer fan, you're way off base.
No, you are the one that's way off base. First, read what I was responding to. And how do you interpret my typing "you are" as referring to anyone other than "you"? A little reading comprehension goes a long way. :rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This didn't happen. Starr didn't come out until 5 minutes after Favre did. Favre walked out on his own.

I am not sure it was done so he wouldnt get boo'd...Not sure why he really wanted Star there.

What I do know for a fact is Brett's public relations team and inner circle are very very smart..They can twist anything into something that will make you believe things even if it was a lie.

Not saying they got Starr there, or even suggesting they did that...

But they are smart enough to pull the wool over your eyes and you wouldnt think twice they were being sneaky

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he just wanted to be there because he knew how important it was to celebrate what he meant to the team and city. I don't think he put himself thru stem cell treatments in Mexico because a PR team asked him too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he just wanted to be there because he knew how important it was to celebrate what he meant to the team and city. I don't think he put himself thru stem cell treatments in Mexico because a PR team asked him too.

Did you just skim over my post? Never once implied Bart did anything because of pr ..Please dont put words into my mouth..

Im talking about Brett and having Bart there..Why did Brett want him there?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, none of it much matters since Bart wanted to be there and Green Bay wasn't going to say no

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, when I hear discussions about fans booing Brett, I think back on Aaron's first year as the starter. Fans booed him when he first went out into the field; they wanted Brett back and they felt Rodgers was instrumental in him leaving.

Now, Aaron is our new hero.

I admit I was disappointed when Brett retired, came back as a Jet, retired, and then came back as a V. Betrayed, absolutely. Hated him, no. It's a rare player than sticks to one team their entire career.

I think the fans this fall will cheer him for the player he was. He will always be remembered as a Packer, though some people in MN still think of him as a V.

Holding a grudge against Brett is pointless. Brett has no idea who you are, and probably doesn't even care about your unproductive feelings.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Holding a grudge against Brett is pointless. Brett has no idea who you are, and probably doesn't even care about your unproductive feelings.
Cheering for Brett is pointless. Brett has no idea who you are, and probably doesn't even care about your unproductive feelings.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It's like I'm back in grade school.
If you were very concerned about the opinions of others that didn't match yours when you were in grade school, then you're right. Why in the world do you give a **** about how someone else feels about Favre? They don't know who you are either and probably don't care about your unproductive opinion.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It`s obvious Mr Cheese where you stand in the Brett Favre debate, and you are entitled to it, but others don`t share your opinion and they are also entitled to their opinion too. As long as it doesn`t get offensive then the conversation is fair game.

Staff online

Latest posts