1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you think the fans will react when Favre comes out for his ceremony?

Discussion in 'Brett Favre Discussion' started by Mushroom, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    In light of recent events (the anti Muslim thing and booing the team), I really hope the fans in attendance don't do anything stupid and make us look bad again.
    Our fans are known for being some of the best in professional sports and recently, sadly, we've been getting put on blast in comment sections of articles and so forth.
    I really hate reading stuff like that about Packers fans doing stuff that's looked down upon. I like taking pride in being part of a fanbase known for our loyalty and kindness.
    Which all got me thinking, how do you think the crowd will react before or during Favre's ceremony?
    I would sincerely hope everyone in attendance can just chill and put any animosity they have towards him away for an evening. I don't feel there should even be any bad feelings anymore, but I'm not naive enough to think there aren't folks out there who still harbor resentment towards Favre.

So, anyways, do you think there will be any bone heads out there booing when he comes out of the tunnel?
    I sincerely hope not.
    Wish I could attend that game.

Thanks.
    Go Pack

2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,787
    None that will be heard

3. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    I really hope that's the case.

4. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    What's the over/under for this thread to get closed, moved, or combined with one of the many threads on Favre? I, for one, still harbor resentment towards Favre for reasons enumerated many times here. If there are any boos IMO Favre has more than earned them by his behavior towards the Packers. I’d forgive him if he had ever sincerely apologized to Packers fans but he hasn’t and at this point won’t.

It says a lot to me that Favre needed the security of a true legend, Bart Starr, as "cover". The contrast between these two could not be starker: Starr is the epitome of class, grace, and humility on and off the field. The other lies, conspires with other teams to help them beat the Packers, and is known for sexting to someone not his wife.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. realist4pack

realist4pack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I hope they are respectful. He did get us a Lombardi trophy.

6. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +962
    80,000 fans packed the stadium just to cheer him last Summer. It's going to be just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Those were "brett" fans...These will be Packer fans

I still think we wont hear to many boos

8. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    It'll be timed to enter with Bart. Nobody will boo him.

9. LarrysCrookedFinger

LarrysCrookedFinger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    Assume you think this is an uncommon thing or something? I'd bet more than one current player has done thing exact same thing.

10. LarrysCrookedFinger

LarrysCrookedFinger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    I'm pretty sure they were Packer fans as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +567
    With 80,000 people in attendance, I'm sure there will be some boneheads who are too innebriated they can't hit the ground with their hat that will boo even if Bart is on the field with Brett.
    That said, 79,900 cheering fans will drown their pitiful efforts out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Good replies.

Thanks for that.

Larry's crooked finger?? LMAO nice name, dude. :)

Yeah, I know Favre isn't perfect, but I don't believe he deserves any boos and I fear that'll make GB look awful and ruin any look of innocence we have.

Also, thanks for moving the thread, whoever did.

13. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,014
    You`re welcome

• Like Like x 1
  14. TJV

Ratings:
    +4,176
    And your point is?

Of course I don't know - and neither do you - but I'll guess few nationally known professional athletes have sent pictures of their genitals to a woman they don't know as a way to seduce them.

15. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    just hope they be respectful, hes done a lot for the organization.

16. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    If Bart Starr is on that field with Favre there better not be a single boo, or me and the posse will have to lay a whuppin' on some one. Respect 15 even if you have a hard time with 4. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Brett fans that shunned green bay.. I can guarantee that there were a lot of them.

Some can't afford game tix so this was a way for them to get to GB...

There were stories of family's traveling from far away..

That was my point.. Sure there were packer fans, I'm not that ignorant to think differently

18. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,787
    All the Boo'ers have had plenty of time to get that out of their system. It's like the guy that continued to loudly lament over the fair catch call at the Badger game this weekend even after the final gun had sounded. It was time to move on, he missed a lot of exciting football still stuck on that one play a long time ago. He was back multiple times as a Viking, go boo your heart out. If he's on TV, turn it off, don't buy wrangler jeans, think all the bad thoughts you want about him. Talk about him at work, with your friends, at the bar, I don't care.

you don't have to like him, you don't have to respect him, You can hate him but I hope you have the decency to respect the situation and realize YOUR time to be heard is not on Thanksgiving. Unless of course you don't care about all that pride, loyalty and respect stuff in which case you should take a long look in the mirror between now and Thursday evening.

You is used as a general term, not singling out anyone in particular.

19. TJV

Ratings:
    +4,176
    IMO the only reason not to boo, if that's your inclination, will be the presence of the great Bart Starr. I think it's too bad they don't honor him at another game. Beyond that, it's obviously not up to you to declare when it's the proper time for others to be heard. And some of us are of the opinion that the one who disrespected "all that pride, loyalty and respect stuff" regarding the Packers organization and its fans was Favre.

20. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Bart and Cherry Starr have made their support for Favre known. So I'll accept that, even though I won't cheer for him. I'll cheer the entire game for Starr, the greatest qb of the franchise, and the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. AKCheese

AKCheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +146
    There will be some idiots acting like idiots. Who cares!!

22. Gonepackin

Gonepackin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I bet you a lot of you people changed tune

23. PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    That's absurd...you really have no class yourself if you cannot even root for the guy that put Green Bay back on the map. Seriously, grow up. You are probably like 80 years old too...

24. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Let's chill a little here.

25. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,014
    That`s why it`s here, because everybody has an opinion, and everybody has a right to express it. Not everybody is a fan of the "prodigal son".