How Can The Pack Stop Vick?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Sounds like a great game plan!!!

I'm sure the Pack has got one in motion, as they want this 10x worse than we fans!!!

I'm soooooooo excited!!! "I can feel this!!!" :clapping: GO PACK GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Have Woodson blitz off the corner to force Vick into quick releases or force him to scramble from the pressure. I think our secondary is good enough to handle LOTS of blitzes on Vick. And that is my guess of how we will contain him. Also Matthews/Walden have to keep contain on the outside. Vick was just running around Allen most of the game against the Vikings.

I still think he'll burn us for a couple big runs, but I think that gives us our best chance at disrupting Vick and the Eagles offense.

Anybody think Reid might actually try to RUN the ball to slow down the pass rush?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a nice new leather collar and leash that would work perfectly!

One of the biggest threats with Vick is his ability to run with the ball, all the way to the endzone. He does this mostly because his o -line offers him nowhere to go with the ball. We have to be able to stop him from getting out of the pocket and taking off with the ball. Once he takes off, he is very difficult to stop, you have to run him out of bounds and catch him before he does too much damage. Vick can also pass very well and deep, he has a receiving corps capable of catching those passes. The Packers have the answer for that. Pass rush, blitz like hell. The Eagles don't handle the blitz very well, for a team that blitzes a lot, and the Eagles like there is no tomorrow, I can't understand that one. Ground game. Biggest threat is McCoy. Pack has a good run D.

I honestly think, and I've said this before, if there was ever an answer for Vick and the Eagles offense it is the Packers Defense. We have one of the best, if not the best, pass rusher in the league. We are well matched for them, it should be a good game. Vick is beatable, his flaws are starting to show. The Viking game opened up a lot of questions for the Eagles. We will soon see how the Packers answer.

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have Woodson blitz off the corner to force Vick into quick releases or force him to scramble from the pressure. I think our secondary is good enough to handle LOTS of blitzes on Vick. And that is my guess of how we will contain him. Also Matthews/Walden have to keep contain on the outside. Vick was just running around Allen most of the game against the Vikings.

I still think he'll burn us for a couple big runs, but I think that gives us our best chance at disrupting Vick and the Eagles offense.

Anybody think Reid might actually try to RUN the ball to slow down the pass rush?

here's what to watch for from a complete x's and o's stand point. Vick is a dangerous passer this isn't the Atlanta Vick everyone seems to keep thinking that. The key is to force Vick to his right because DeSean Jackson lines up on his right and DeSean is always running 9 routes (or straight up the field) and so there is almost no one to throw to. As someone else said you want your best athlete coming off the edge on the left. Clay Matthews is a great athlete but there is no one like Vick so it is truly a team effort. Charles Woodson like you said will probably do that. But don't forget about our WR's. DeSean Jackson is dangerous and people probably think he's a 1 trick pony but he's not he can take a 9 yard hook route and score charles woodson cannot cover him one on one without safety help if he's not blitzing vick. the way to beat us is to just demolish our crappy o-line especially on the right side. Clay Matthews should get a couple of sacks so for us it's important that vick wraps the ball up. and we also need to get a lead so we can completely make the packers one dimensional because our defense is terrible. if we don't turn it over we will lose.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I remember NFL network talking about how Vick has kind of reverted back to the "Bad Vick" the last 5 games. However, Vick is one dude. We still have to worry about the other guys on the team. I hope the Pack doesn't get tunnel vision and simply focus on Vick (although it's not a bad gameplan). We better get ready for all their starters.

Playing away in the playoffs is NEVER easy. Especially the Eagles in their house. 0-3 there in the playoffs so lets not forget that.

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember NFL network talking about how Vick has kind of reverted back to the "Bad Vick" the last 5 games. However, Vick is one dude. We still have to worry about the other guys on the team. I hope the Pack doesn't get tunnel vision and simply focus on Vick (although it's not a bad gameplan). We better get ready for all their starters.

Playing away in the playoffs is NEVER easy. Especially the Eagles in their house. 0-3 there in the playoffs so lets not forget that.

not the last 5 games just against the vikings. Against the Giants he was spectacular with choosing when to run and pass. Also you have to remember that just because they used to play or are on TV does not mean they know what they are talking about. Actually the biggest thing that you need to defend I left out. LeSean McCoy. He gets the ball more than anyone on our team and we throw so many passes to him which is why desean only has 45 catches and maclin only has 70. We have as good of offensive skill positions as anyone including you guys. But Rodgers I think is more ahead in his offense than Vick is at this point.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
here's what to watch for from a complete x's and o's stand point. Vick is a dangerous passer this isn't the Atlanta Vick everyone seems to keep thinking that. The key is to force Vick to his right because DeSean Jackson lines up on his right and DeSean is always running 9 routes (or straight up the field) and so there is almost no one to throw to. As someone else said you want your best athlete coming off the edge on the left. Clay Matthews is a great athlete but there is no one like Vick so it is truly a team effort. Charles Woodson like you said will probably do that. But don't forget about our WR's. DeSean Jackson is dangerous and people probably think he's a 1 trick pony but he's not he can take a 9 yard hook route and score charles woodson cannot cover him one on one without safety help if he's not blitzing vick. the way to beat us is to just demolish our crappy o-line especially on the right side. Clay Matthews should get a couple of sacks so for us it's important that vick wraps the ball up. and we also need to get a lead so we can completely make the packers one dimensional because our defense is terrible. if we don't turn it over we will lose.

I agree with you. GB can't just focus on Vick, Eagles are good team too and if they simply focus on stopping Vick. There are a lot of other guys on the Eagles team that can hurt us.

GB's offensive line isn't exactly the greatest either. Especially now that Bulaga has sort of gone into rookie mode with 2 holding calls, and some false starts against the bears that disrupted drives. However he was facing Peppers and an excellent D-line, so I kind of understand it. Kinda. Our O-line barely opens any holes in the line for the running game, but that doesn't keep MM from balancing the run/pass plays pretty wall. The O-line is decent at picking up blitzes.

Eagles D should watch out for the play action from Rodgers, that won the game against the Bears. It allowed Jennings to come free along the sideline for a huge gain to the 1yd line. (if you saw the game, guess not since it was on at the same time as the Dallas/Eagles game).

I think Starks is our most exciting back, but he's a rookie so I dunno how many touches MM will trust him with. Expect Jackson with Kuhn on short yardage.

Our WR's need no introduction. Although Jones has a nasty habit of dropping sure TD passes. Ugh.. Basically our Roy Williams minus the huge contract.

However, GB has to come to your house, and that puts them at a big disadvantage. I expect them to make some early mistakes due to nerves that the Eagles can capitalize on to force GB into catchup mode like Arizona did.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just play D.

Nobody has broken our D, not even Brady (if not for INT returned and starting position at the 8, it would've been 17 points).
Vick won't break it.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
True, this D is STINGY as hell giving up points (other than when backup QB's basically give points away).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect more A-Gap and Double A-gap blitzes and less Woodson off the edge blitzes. Why?
Because Philly will be expecting and planning for those, and keeping an extra eye on #21.

Capers has to cook something special up and keep confusing Vick and that OL.

I Want Cullen Jenkins to be back and STAY BACK!

Members online

Latest posts