How big is this Jets game?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we win it means lots and lots of excitement and joy among us Packers fans.
If we lose it will be disappointing among us Packers fans but nowhere near as bad a loss to the Vikings with Burnt as QB.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like we won't have Pickett or Jenkins playing this weekend. The new NT (I'll learn his name if he lasts the season) has about a day to get up to speed. The new LB's? Yeah, maybe special teams at this point.

Ugh, these friggin injuries are frustrating. Could sure use a bye week about now..

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The Packers should just stop printing the players' last names on the jerseys. It would help us fans who can't keep up with the new names on the roster anyhow. The fans could just start cheering for the number.

Let's start practicing: GO NUMBER 93 NEW GUY!!!

Who says GB fans can't roll with the punches? :happy0005:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should just stop printing the players' last names on the jerseys. It would help us fans who can't keep up with the new names on the roster anyhow. The fans could just start cheering for the number.

Let's start practicing: GO NUMBER 93 NEW GUY!!!

Who says GB fans can't roll with the punches? :happy0005:

Agreed. They could save money on materials and labor too.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. I was all in favor of a week 10 bye week before the season started. Damn if we couldn't use a break now though...

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is very important for a number of reasons:

1) Can the Packers, with all their injuries, beat a Super Bowl contending team? The Jets are really good, coming off a bye and playing at home. A win would be a HUGE confidence boost.

2) Da Bears: Chicago is on bye then plays Buffalo. A win here followed by a home game vs. a Tony Romo-less Cowboys team would all but stick a fork in Chicago.

I'd be lying if I said I felt confident about this game. But I did have a dream last night that the Packers won on a late turnover.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a total gut check game. Our offense still hasn't played the lights out game we've been looking for and our defense will face a huge challenge in stopping the run.

The only saving grace we have is from last week, where we played relatively well against a solid run game while losing Jenkins and Pickett at the last minute. At least this time Capers has a chance to game plan in case we have to go without them.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a total gut check game. Our offense still hasn't played the lights out game we've been looking for and our defense will face a huge challenge in stopping the run.

The only saving grace we have is from last week, where we played relatively well against a solid run game while losing Jenkins and Pickett at the last minute. At least this time Capers has a chance to game plan in case we have to go without them.

Sanchez can be rattled. Hopefully the Packers can consistenly get to him.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanchez has completed only 55% of his passes, I'm expecting 50 runnings plays from the JETS, I hope we hit Sanchez in the mouth, not a big fan of Sanchez

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol I saw something hilarious..

I was browsing some New York Jets forums to see their opinions on the game on Sunday. They are actually arguing that Mark Sanchez is better than Aaron Rodgers, and that Sanchez will be better in the long run.

Read this non-sense..

Jets vs Packers Discussion Thread - Page 4 - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

Don't let a few stupid posters cause you to generalize the entire board, most people in that thread agreed Rodgers was better and trying to inform the people that didn't realize that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just saw one or two guys saying the dirty was better??

Most of the J-E-T-S fans were saying Rodgers is better

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol this board is delusional.. Half of them are predicting the Jets to win by 20+

While that number may seem high, it is just the natural bias you will witness when visiting opposing teams forums.

Jets fans have reasons to be confident...Rex has instilled a confidence in the entire fan base, and it shows.

Facoting in how Revis is healthy for his first game this season, 5 straight wins, playing at home, and how the Packers are all beat up, Jets fans are used to beating the Packers by 20+ as of late (just saying)....I don't think it's that ridiuclous to see them all predicting that. Even though it probably won't be true.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While that number may seem high, it is just the natural bias you will witness when visiting opposing teams forums.

Jets fans have reasons to be confident...Rex has instilled a confidence in the entire fan base, and it shows.

Facoting in how Revis is healthy for his first game this season, 5 straight wins, playing at home, and how the Packers are all beat up, Jets fans are used to beating the Packers by 20+ as of late (just saying)....I don't think it's that ridiuclous to see them all predicting that. Even though it probably won't be true.

Well true there is a bias that goes with all sports fans and their respective hometown teams.. thats a given.

However it seems like that message board is nothing but wanna-be elitists. Its humorous. Seeing some of those posts makes me want to bash my head into a wall. The ignorance there is actually overwhelming.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Dirty? do we really have to go that direction with Sanchez as a nickname? I mean, he hasn't done anything to irritate me. Kind of disgusting to be honest. C'Mon. I think we can be classier than that.

I do think the Packer have a uphill battle in that game. Too many injuries and facing a rested Jets team after a gut check physical game against the Vikings. Jet fans have a right to be cocky. Packers are gonna have a fight on their hands, again.

Hopefully Cliffy holds up, and Matthews can draw enough penalties/double teams to allow somebody else to setup up on the D line. If the secondary can come up with some picks like against Farve, we could have a shot.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dirty? do we really have to go that direction with Sanchez as a nickname? I mean, he hasn't done anything to irritate me. Kind of disgusting to be honest. C'Mon. I think we can be classier than that.

I do think the Packer have a uphill battle in that game. Too many injuries and facing a rested Jets team after a gut check physical game against the Vikings. Jet fans have a right to be cocky. Packers are gonna have a fight on their hands, again.

Hopefully Cliffy holds up, and Matthews can draw enough penalties/double teams to allow somebody else to setup up on the D line. If the secondary can come up with some picks like against Farve, we could have a shot.

Agreed with everything you said.

As for us tomorrow, I would love to get the win, and I believe we can do it. But it's not gonna be easy at all. In fact, I don't see us as having any easy victories for the remainder of the year. We're so injury depleted that every game is going to be like pushing a boulder uphill.

Here's hoping our guys play another week with a tremendous amount of heart and discipline.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lol ok fine Mark :)

But in my defense I was not trying to degrade him, or be nasty

You guys know me that I only have that type of hatred for one q/b

I actually think "Mark" is a solid q/b how can you not be with what he has done so far

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If we win the game against the Jets. I'll be damn impressed with our coaching staff, players and organization to handle the level of injuries we've taken this year. Still think the conditioning on this team is horrible.

Hell, the jets are using Lombardi speeches as motivation against us! How we gotta kick their butts. Let show em who's learned the lessons of Lombardi better, the Packers or the Jets.

Go Pack Go

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we win the game against the Jets. I'll be damn impressed with our coaching staff, players and organization to handle the level of injuries we've taken this year. Still think the conditioning on this team is horrible.

Hell, the jets are using Lombardi speeches as motivation against us! How we gotta kick their butts. Let show em who's learned the lessons of Lombardi better, the Packers or the Jets.

Go Pack Go
If that's true then they should change their motto from "Play like a Jet" to "Play like a Packer."

Members online

Latest posts