How about a trade with the Bears?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They NEED a QB. Don't we have a few? Would you trade Nall or O'Sullivan to the Bears for a stud Dlineman? Last I checked, they had a few good Dlinemen didn't they?
Or would you take a an early rounder for next year's draft?

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think either team would help the other this much.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Slightly risky with Nall...I might do it. Depends on what we get back.

But I doubt it would happen, in real life.

Watching Nall develope into a quality NFL QB would get someone fired around here.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barring an injury to Favre or Rodgers, the Packers are going to have to cut either Nall or JT anyway. I wouldn't mind trading either one of them if we could get anything in return, even if it is with a division rival.

The biggest question though is if there is even a trade market for either of these guys? It's another reason why I hope they perform well in the preseason though. Maybe another team would be interested and offer a late round pick if these QBs performed better in the coming preseason games. It's probably unlikely, but you never know. I never thought we could get a 5th and 6th round pick for Marquis Anderson last year, so you never know.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I would not even mind seeing the Bears bring back Doug Flutie after 20 years. At least he has experience and is a proven team player. I can not see them playing Chad Hutchinson and being taken seriously by anyone. The Bears do have a surplus at DL but they should have addressed this issue before it became a bleeding wound again. They better get Benson signed before the next game because they will have to run the ball now. Jerry Angelo is a moron.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They posted all the Bears starting QBs over the years on ESPN the other day, and it's amazing how many different ones they have had. There are a couple of posters elsewhere that are always on Favre's case about his turnovers and think we'd actually do better without him, but I keep saying we'd be no better than the Bears without Favre because of the plays he makes. There are some people that have been so spoiled by Favre being there every game and never having a losing season, that they forget the lean QB years between Starr and Favre where we were constantly trying to find a legit QB. The Bears have been going through the same thing since McMahon. It's not easy finding a good QB that you can count on every year.

lonewolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, Nall would be the only one that has ANY value, based on some mop-up duty last year, and may be no better than "Hutch". While I certainly don't wish DA BEARS any luck, it is too bad and fluky how Grossman keeps getting injured. Some Bears fans wonder why Grossman was in the game in the 2nd quarter. Considering how little game experience he's had, let alone actual practice time, it makes sense to let Grossman play a bit in preseason, get his timing down with his running backs and receivers, etc.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather they trade Aaron Rodgers than Nall. I really like Nall. I dont understand why people put him down. Every time he has came in a game he has done good.

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grossman is gone for the season as of today. The Rams broke his left ankle.

If we give them anyone I would vote for JT... but in all honesty I imagine teams are just going to wait to see who we and then bring them aboard.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would do it. But i wouldn't trade Nall because Aaron is going to be third string no matter what. We need Nall cause he proved he can do what is needed in games. We need the experience at back up. So i would trade O'Sullivan. And who cares if its a interdivisional trade. Cause its defiantly not going to improve da bears quarterback situation. But it would give them an experinced quarterback and it would also give them time to find a quarterback.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
They posted all the Bears starting QBs over the years on ESPN the other day, and it's amazing how many different ones they have had. There are a couple of posters elsewhere that are always on Favre's case about his turnovers and think we'd actually do better without him, but I keep saying we'd be no better than the Bears without Favre because of the plays he makes. There are some people that have been so spoiled by Favre being there every game and never having a losing season, that they forget the lean QB years between Starr and Favre where we were constantly trying to find a legit QB. The Bears have been going through the same thing since McMahon. It's not easy finding a good QB that you can count on every year.

Oh it has been a long nauseating ride all right. They were looking for "the" guy before McMahon too. I have seen everyone from Bobby Douglas to Bob Avalini to Rick Meier to Cade McNown to Kordell Stewart and a few dozen stiffs in-between. That is why I tell Packer fans to enjoy Favre while you can because it could be followed by 10 or even 20 years of pulling your hair out. I need a Leinenkugel!
CHICAGO BEARS (est.1920)
9 time world champions
26 hall of famers and a s**t load of really bad Quarter Backs!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would trade either Nall or O'Sullivan for even or better value if it helps our team, even thought the Bears are in our division. They would probably lose one of the QBs(Nall or Grossman) to free agency in a couple of years anyway, so I can't see them benefitting long term. Therefore I can't see them making the trade. The exception would be if they could trade on before their contract was up and I think that would be difficult. I believe Rodgers will be our 2nd string QB before the year is up anyway.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, well, well. The vultures are already circling. lol. I hate to rain on any thought of the Bears trading for the Packers one of their defensive players, but it will not happen. To think that Nall or O'Sullivan would have any more value to who the Bears already have in those postitions is a bit loco.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Philtration has figured it out that the GOOD beer comes from Wisconsin... Ya hey!

I still say if given the chance, Kyle Orton will jump out at you......

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I see Philtration has figured it out that the GOOD beer comes from Wisconsin... Ya hey!

I still say if given the chance, Kyle Orton will jump out at you......

I like that one and Sam Adams. Switched from quanity to quality years ago. :beer:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Wasn't Orton the guy from Purdue the Badgers slapped around last year??
Close, but no cigar ---- Kyle Orton had one play where he went end-over-end and as his hands came in contact with the ground, his wrist twisted slightly sideways and the ball came loose.. up to that point, it was a Dream Season with Kyle at the helm following Drew Brees. Only Kyle did a few things that Drew didn't - like beat Notre Dame and Penn State to mention a few... I was really hoping we would have taken Kyle Orton in the Draft - he's tough and reminds me of Favre in several ways, including his sense to leave the pocket - almost psychic about it... The Bears 'could' have a keeper with that guy.... We'll see.

Go PACKERS!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
SlickVision said:
Wasn't Orton the guy from Purdue the Badgers slapped around last year??
Close, but no cigar ---- Kyle Orton had one play where he went end-over-end and as his hands came in contact with the ground, his wrist twisted slightly sideways and the ball came loose.. up to that point, it was a Dream Season with Kyle at the helm following Drew Brees. Only Kyle did a few things that Drew didn't - like beat Notre Dame and Penn State to mention a few... I was really hoping we would have taken Kyle Orton in the Draft - he's tough and reminds me of Favre in several ways, including his sense to leave the pocket - almost psychic about it... The Bears 'could' have a keeper with that guy.... We'll see.

Go PACKERS!!!

Did Orton play QB for Purdue last year? If so then I want my cigar because then I was right on. If not then can I get a kiddie cig?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did ya want the bubble-gum cigar? It probably was the Madison game where he fumbled the ball - I remember the replay... oooh so close... and at the last sec, bang, out came the ball - I almost thought he was gonna pull a Brett Faavre right there as he came down.... remember him flipping all the way over...? WOW

Ya gotta give the guy his due - up until the fumble,m - you badgers were cryin in yer soup... it looked like he was gonna pull a Notre Dame on ya.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts