Horrible calls...NFL hates us -- officiating threads

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Ask I am trying to dive deep into my memory bank of all the hundreds of NFL games I have watched in the past decade to find how many genuinely bad calls have cost a team the game. Is it because I am a Packer fan that I can only recall about a half dozen against us? Please enlighten me here to the other games I have missed. I will give the cowboys the game against us because I always thought it was a catch. Other than that, it seems increasingly apparent the officials continuously make phantom, very one sided calls.

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
In the past we have received some really good calls from officials. This year has been the complete opposite, while play was perfect tonight we have 5 really bad calls go against us. 2nd game this year that officiating has cost us a game. Has the NFL moved on to different teams?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the refs were responsible for about 200 yards in favor of seattle even considering all their obvious pre snap penalties with ******** calls

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the past we have received some really good calls from officials. This year has been the complete opposite, while play was perfect tonight we have 5 really bad calls go against us. 2nd game this year that officiating has cost us a game. Has the NFL moved on to different teams?

Of course they did. Who is more exciting now? Rams,chiefs, eagles to name a few. Who does the consumer want to watch? And yes the NFL is fixed.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We always get bogus calls against us up in Seattle, we've known that since the whole fail mary debacle. Regardless great teams overcome poor officiating, and we were in position to win. No excuses. Only losers blame refs. Come on guys we're better than this. Let's not act like Bear fans.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DON'T BLAME THE OFFICIALS
This game was winnable in spite of the officiating.
It was, and I thought they might actually do it for once. But nobody can deny that whenever Seattle needed a big break, the refs gave them one. 1, 2, 3, 4 times at least.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DON'T BLAME THE OFFICIALS
This game was winnable in spite of the officiating.

There were plays that could be made, but when the officials give the other team 5-10 more beneficial calls than us, you are basically asking the team getting hosed to play perfect. It's not realistic. A team like the 90s Cowboys would struggle in this type of circumstance, it's not just an average team like us. NFL has too much parity to overcome 5-10 less calls than the other team.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
So this brings up my next point. Why have the calls been consistently so one sided against us? This year in particular. But really over the past few seasons? Is it unlucky? Is it me being more sensitive to the calls against the Packers. Look anyone that watches football knows that I love the game. I’m the person that watches the Arizona 9ers game because I have nothing better to do. What they also know is that I’m all about fairness in the officiating. If there is a no call one way, then it shouldn’t go the other and vice versa. Often times my husband asks me what I think about penalties, playcalls, etc. for his team (he’s a Pats fan). Both of us were talking tonight about how the really bad calls, the clearly bad calls, are always against the Packers. Is this coincidence?

AyBee04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask I am trying to dive deep into my memory bank of all the hundreds of NFL games I have watched in the past decade to find how many genuinely bad calls have cost a team the game. Is it because I am a Packer fan that I can only recall about a half dozen against us? Please enlighten me here to the other games I have missed. I will give the cowboys the game against us because I always thought it was a catch. Other than that, it seems increasingly apparent the officials continuously make phantom, very one sided calls.
Zebras like
I heard they were trying to use real zebras as refs this year. I wonder if they came from the wild or captivity?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Of course the Packers organization would never complain to N Y about officials, fines must be pretty steep for them...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Please tell me you are speaking in general terms and not claiming that the league and the officials are out to get the Packers. Please tell me also that you are not whining that "poor calls" are costing the Packers games.

Yes, there have been some questionable calls against the Packers and some of those calls have gone a long way in preventing wins but every game has questionable calls and every team has had them called against them. I doubt there is a "questionable calls" stat but if there is Wimm will find it and when he does I'm guessing it will show the Packers don't stand out.

Now, if you are talking in general I would say that the game is faster and far more complex than it ever has been. The players are bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic than ever. I also think they are cockier and more headstrong than ever before. The rule book is thicker than ever. Every year new rules are added and very few get taken out and there is a big push on now for player safety All this adds up to more calls being made and more calls means a bigger chance for bad calls calls.

I can't think of any specific calls off the top of my head but i think in this day and age of social media and such things like that get played out a lot more than they used to however, I do not find it strange in the least that you can only recall the Packer ones and yes, I would say it is because you are a Packer fan that those are the only ones you can remember.

Just once I would like to see a loss where fans didn't blame it on the officiating. And yes, a lot of you are blaming it on the officiating no matter how you want to spin it.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but I've felt that play that got ruled a catch in D Moore's favor is what a catch should be. I've felt if the WR had two or even 3 feet down, it should be ruled a catch. I mean if that had been our guy that made that play, I think we would all love that the refs reversed the call.

Now, on the other catch, I think Lockett or whoever actually did trap it against the ground. But it would have been up to MM to challenge it, and he didn't, perhaps worried he would lose his timeout.

I just really feel this thread is all wrong. We lost this game because this offense including both Rodgers and McCarthy squandered too many opportunities, and the defense although it wasn't bad still had serious blunders such as Greene's awful PI when he could have turned around and made a play on the ball, and our guys not loading the box when they knew the Hawks would be running the ball to grind the clock out.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides which, you can't "give the Cowboys the game" even if Dez did catch it, because Rodgers would have gotten the ball back with four minutes left, trailing by one, two, or three points (depending on whether or not they kicked the extra point, got a two point conversion, or failed in either conversion). Maybe the Cowboys would have won, but it is very far from a foregone conclusion.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but I've felt that play that got ruled a catch in D Moore's favor is what a catch should be. I've felt if the WR had two or even 3 feet down, it should be ruled a catch. I mean if that had been our guy that made that play, I think we would all love that the refs reversed the call.

Now, on the other catch, I think Lockett or whoever actually did trap it against the ground. But it would have been up to MM to challenge it, and he didn't, perhaps worried he would lose his timeout.

I just really feel this thread is all wrong. We lost this game because this offense including both Rodgers and McCarthy squandered too many opportunities, and the defense although it wasn't bad still had serious blunders such as Greene's awful PI when he could have turned around and made a play on the ball, and our guys not loading the box when they knew the Hawks would be running the ball to grind the clock out.
who cares how many steps he takes with the ball moving. The ball stopped for the briefest of moments when slowed down super slow with 1 foot down and then started sliding down his chest again and then came completely out. It would have been closer had he actually secured it at that point and stepped out of bounds or something. But he didn't. At no point ever, even slowed down to 5 frames per second does that ball look "secured". Another case of Refs controlling the game with replay.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who cares how many steps he takes with the ball moving. The ball stopped for the briefest of moments when slowed down super slow with 1 foot down and then started sliding down his chest again and then came completely out. It would have been closer had he actually secured it at that point and stepped out of bounds or something. But he didn't. At no point ever, even slowed down to 5 frames per second does that ball look "secured". Another case of Refs controlling the game with replay.
Agreed ... I’m not blaming the refs for the loss.... but I disagree with that call.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts