Holmgren mulling over retirement....

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holmgren almost done in Seattle?

THe article seems to be reaching just for the sake of a story, but hints that MH might retire after this year

So, that begs the obvious question...if he retired next year, down the road would you want him to pull a Bill Parcells/Jordan and return to GB? Have too many bridges been burned, is he overated?.....

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..the answer is...

bring him back..he's a proven "winner"....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's just jealous of all the attention Favre is getting over this retirement thing. He'll probably do this for the next few years!

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha DePack...

Do you think he has any desire to come back to Green Bay? As far as he's concerned, I'm not sure that he left on bad terms...I thought he just wanted to opportunity to be a GM/coach, and I don't know that he necessarily held that against the Packers

As for whether or not I'd want him back in GB, I'm on the fence, but I would think he might want to.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
haha DePack...

Do you think he has any desire to come back to Green Bay? As far as he's concerned, I'm not sure that he left on bad terms...I thought he just wanted to opportunity to be a GM/coach, and I don't know that he necessarily held that against the Packers

As for whether or not I'd want him back in GB, I'm on the fence, but I would think he might want to.

It sounds to me that his wife wants him to leave football altogether. He has alot of other interests. The article hinted that his wife's plans were for him to retire had he won the Super Bowl.

58 is a nice age to retire and enjoy everything you ever wanted to in life. He certainly has the money to do it. The only problem is that some of these type "A" coaches don't seem to be able to stay away (Parcells, Gibbs, Vermeil.....).

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's exactly what I was thinking DePack...you mentioned his wife, and I could see him retiring for a year or two...but how long would that last? My guess is not too long.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holmgrem is a great coach. HE helped bring us a Super Bowl. I think he's more underrated than overrated. People forget he's Won a Super Bowl and been to 3. and went ther with 2 different teams.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring him back! He is just what the Green Bay Packers need, a proven winner with a forcefull personality.
He should be ready to come out of retirement about the same time Mc Carthy is on his way out IF HE HASN"T BEEN ABLE TO TURN THE PACKERS AROUND.
If MM is successful as we all hope he will be, then we can simply all wish Holmgren a wonderful retirement.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why on earth would Holmgren ever want to come back to Green Bay? He's a West Coast guy. Plus, if he came back here he would have to compete against his own previous record, which included a Super Bowl win.

As for the overrated question, I think he's a little overrated. He's a good coach, but not a great one. I think the rest of the league has caught up to him a little since his days in Green Bay.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts