Hold out Brett...!!

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Force TT's pathetic hand...and make him cut or trade you...

(or finally get off his lame *** and sign some players who can protect you and get open downfield...)

You deserve to play for a WINNER...

(and TT's trying to force you out by fielding a losing team this year, and letting Aaron Rodgers take his lumps so maybe he is ready next year....it's so obvious...)

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey D.Levens I am with you on this !!!

Anyway I see a 3rd option: Retire and tell the media why... Well I am retiring because I dont want to play for a team that stands no chance to be a contender... And being a Packer man I cannot play for another team other than GB....

I will drink to you Brett !!! That will be a great way to retire, with dignity, class and honesty.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." --
Vince Lombardi

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in 2002??? MS more or less went for broke by throwing $$$ left and right to win NOW...that resulted in Joe Johnson, Darrien Gordon, Terry Glenn, and Hardy Nickerson...none of which were criticized at the time, but in hindsight, left a lot to be desired.

Reacting hastily can lead to long term consequenses. It is near impossible to build a super bowl champion in a year...and although I don't blame Brett for wanting that, I think it's a bit of wishful thinking on his part.

OP
OP
D.Levens

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's two sides to that story...

Many people criticized the way Mike Sherman GM'd the GB Packers for all 6 years of his tenure...

I personally thought he was way over his head, and was not cut out for either position..but I will give him this...He DID try...He just wasn't very good at it...

Now, Ron Wolf, on the other hand, was much better...and used the draft and FA almost to perfection. Remember how many veterans were on the Packers 96 SB team???

I don't see this in TT...at ALL....

(He is up to a much different game..and I think it's step..)

1. Get rid of Sherman
2. Get rid of Favre
3. Build "MY" team...almost "exclusively" through the draft...

(This approach takes "years" by the way...to become competitive...and he knows it..!)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D. Levens...you haven't been here too long, so you weren't around when guys like me and DePack stood by MS almost to a fault...so that post wasn't meant to rip on MS...like you said...he tried, I give him credit for it...it just didn't work out, and he was probably rightfully fired as the GM.

As for TT...no doubt it takes years...I just think he's under the assumption that the Packers don't want to go through what transpired as a result of MS' actions, so he's being as anti-MS as possible...plus like you/others have said, he wants to look like the genius who built a team from the ground up at bargain basement prices.

Hey, it can work, yes it WILL take a while...but if you're succesful, then you've built a stable dynasty...so I'm doing my best to reserve my judgement for the time being.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Anyway I see a 3rd option: Retire and tell the media why... Well I am retiring because I dont want to play for a team that stands no chance to be a contender...

How can this team not be a contender?

A good D-line(added picket, who led DTs in tackles)
A solid LB corp(if we get hawk, that will be nasty, but is brett gonna wait till then?!)
A good WR group -javon\donald\gardner\boreigter
A good group of Rbs (Green,gado,najeh, plus some willie blockin!)

the only thing that is weak is the o-line, which will get fixed through free agency and the draft(how do i know? MM said so, read my packersnews.com psot)

but yea....lets judge the 2006 team on march 31st, that makes sense. :roll:

OP
OP
D.Levens

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz..

Where have you been?

Walker said he will retire before he plays again in GB...
Gardner and Boreighter are still question marks..not guarantees.
Driver's getting older.

(and the O-Line is no better than last year)

I don't see how that's going to give Favre alot of confidence in coming back and trusting TT.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh i see, we only mention the bad things.

We wont mention signing pickett, which will help the defense keep the opponents from scoring as much

we wont mention re-signing ahman and najeh giving us Green\gado\Najeh

We wont mention the henderson resigning

i see, we only mention the things that make your argument look good. I see.

OP
OP
D.Levens

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's the least a GM should do...

Resign his good core players that are already on his team...although he let Longwell wald out the door...among others.

Pickett was a decent signing, but besides that what has he done?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
Force TT's pathetic hand...and make him cut or trade you...

(or finally get off his lame *** and sign some players who can protect you and get open downfield...)

You deserve to play for a WINNER...

(and TT's trying to force you out by fielding a losing team this year, and letting Aaron Rodgers take his lumps so maybe he is ready next year....it's so obvious...)

Could not agree with you more D.Levens, besides keeping the running game intact TT has done nothing and it is pathetic to try to get a player like Brett to move on this way " pathetic and slimey"

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, having a WR corp of

Javon(until further notice)\Driver\Boriegter\Gardner(who hurdles CB to win, i wonder if brett liked this pickup? but you dont, and thats what matters)\Ferguson\probably Draft signing

also Franks and Donald Lee

I wonder if Favre likes having Franks, his favorite red zone target back.

but YOU dont like the signings..

riiiiiiiiiight

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson runs the team not Brett Favre.

What would you of done? I hear all this talk but would you of went out and overpaid for Adam Archleta? Archleta signed the highest contract in HISTORY for a safety. Would you of signed the biggest contract in history for a guard in Hutch? Would of let Aaron Kampman go? Would you not of signed Ryan Pickett? Would you of overpaid for Randel El or Brandon Lloyd (and lose a 3rd round pick)?

You can't call Walker's bluff? He's not going to retire and give up a potential chance of landing a big contract. If he doesn't play this year or even if he shows up by week 10 not in football playing shape he's not going to hit his pay day. He'll play this year if we don't trade him and he'll probably be a cancer like he said but I think he'll be on the field. Javon loves football. He won’t give it up.

Thompson isn't as aggressive as I wish he would be but at least he's not overpaying for average players. He's made some good moves. People are just to busy at looking at the lack of moves and forgetting of the moves that will actually help the team out.

Let's not forget we play in the NFC North. It's a wide open race. Every team has a lot of questions. The Bears are clearly the front runner but with Brett back and hopefully the guy who didn't throw 29 INT's we could make a run to catch them.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
What would you of done? I hear all this talk but would you of went out and overpaid for Adam Archleta? Archleta signed the highest contract in HISTORY for a safety. Would you of signed the biggest contract in history for a guard in Hutch? Would of let Aaron Kampman go? Would you not of signed Ryan Pickett? Would you of overpaid for Randel El or Brandon Lloyd (and lose a 3rd round pick)?

Well said, and since that made a lot of sense, people wont argue with you, they'll just ignore it completely.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky said

"Let's not forget we play in the NFC North. It's a wide open race. Every team has a lot of questions. The Bears are clearly the front runner but with Brett back and hopefully the guy who didn't throw 29 INT's we could make a run to catch them".

This NFC North is NOT wide open anymore. Both the Bears and VI Queens have made major improvements over last year and this off season and we either compete or stay at the bottom !!!

OP
OP
D.Levens

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Porky said

"Let's not forget we play in the NFC North. It's a wide open race. Every team has a lot of questions. The Bears are clearly the front runner but with Brett back and hopefully the guy who didn't throw 29 INT's we could make a run to catch them".

The reason why Favre threw 29 interceptions is because he had a pourous O-Line and crappy receiver corps around him...and I don't see ANYTHING different this year!

"One man's fact is another man's delusion..."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do know half the team was hurt last year, right? Gado was our 5th string RB? Our O-line was hurt a lot, Flanny was hurt almost all year. Javon got hurt, ferguson played hurt(not his fault, donovan darious should be kicked out of the league)

Our WRs woulda been fine if healthy.

Our Oline woulda been better(still probably not good or anything) if healthy.

But lets ignore that part. It helps your argument.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Porky said

This NFC North is NOT wide open anymore. Both the Bears and VI Queens have made major improvements over last year and this off season and we either compete or stay at the bottom !!!

So the Vikings with an older QB and a unproven RB and no real playmaker on offense is and a average defense improved

What have the Bears done to improve? Not much. Griese is their biggest signing and he's going to be a backup. He's insurance for Grossman this year. They have a weak passing game and I doubt their defense does as good as it did last year. They were healthy all year last year. That's very rare.

Right now I would say the Bears are the frontrunner with the Vikings and Packers in the middle and the Lions at the back.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
Porky said

So the Vikings with an older QB and a unproven RB and no real playmaker on offense is and a average defense improved

What have the Bears done to improve? Not much. Griese is their biggest signing and he's going to be a backup. He's insurance for Grossman this year. They have a weak passing game and I doubt their defense does as good as it did last year. They were healthy all year last year. That's very rare.

Right now I would say the Bears are the frontrunner with the Vikings and Packers in the middle and the Lions at the back.

Our Defence was improving under Bates last year ( he is gone too ) ! The Bears and Vikings both surpassed us last year and thus don't show thay have as many holes to fill. We were better then our record showed last year however and that is what makes this so much more frusterating as we could be building a contending team for this year while looking towards the future. Just my opinion !!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
Porky said

Our Defence was improving under Bates last year ( he is gone too ) ! The Bears and Vikings both surpassed us last year and thus don't show thay have as many holes to fill. We were better then our record showed last year however and that is what makes this so much more frusterating as we could be building a contending team for this year while looking towards the future. Just my opinion !!

I'll respect your opinion... We all have them but as a fan all we have to do is give Thompson the benefit of the doubt. He's only been here for about a year now and if you look at what he's did this off season it hasn't been as bad as you would think. We had a lot of UFA's and we retained some key guys.

Aaron Kampman
Ahman Green
Davenport
Kenny Peterson
Kevan Barry
Colin Cole
William Henderson
Rod Gardner

We added
Ryan Pickett (#10 FA on ESPN's List)
Ben Taylor
Tracy White
Mark Boerigter

WE Lost
Ryan Longwell
Mike Flanagan
Paris Lenon
Tony Fisher
Antonio Chatman

The only key guy I think we lost was Ryan Longwell.. So thinking TT isn't trying is just what baffles me the most.

We're making a run at Faine and Woodson. In fact we're the serious contenders according to insider for both of them.. So yeah he's definitely trying.

Latest posts