HOF nominees

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to forget, Barry never had a good quarterback handing the ball off to him.

Sanders is a prime of example of one good player on your offense and never building a team around him, just using that one player to carry the entire team, cause you can see it didn't get them far. Other than Sanders, Brett Perriman was probably the other best player in that offense, and on defense they did have Pat Swilling from New Orleans, but his better days were over by time he came to Detroit.

Great point

Also, in the rare interviews that Barry has done since leaving the NFL (he has started to become more active lately in tweeting and also becoming more of a public figure for his alma mater Oklahoma State) he stated that the MAIN reason he left was that he didn't have a passion for the game anymore BECAUSE the lions never tried to build a good offensive team around him.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Great point

Also, in the rare interviews that Barry has done since leaving the NFL (he has started to become more active lately in tweeting and also becoming more of a public figure for his alma mater Oklahoma State) he stated that the MAIN reason he left was that he didn't have a passion for the game anymore BECAUSE the lions never tried to build a good offensive team around him.

That's true.

From research I did a long time ago, the Lions refused to pay offensive linemen Kevin Glover and Lomas Brown, when Barry begged them to keep those guys, as they did blocking for him, and they were both pro bowlers at the time. The Lions were cheap back then. They had Pat Swilling for god sake, and never got more guys around him to create a blitzing pressure, nor did they try building an offense around Barry. Just trust the RB, cause you are too cheap to find a quarterback to throw the ball to Brett Perriman or anyone else on the team. They did have decent WR's at one time.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
herman moore? bahahahaha I love when people say that he was a great offensive player. Absolute myth that he was a great receiver. Decent at best. And lomas brown was good I will give you that, kevin glover was mediocre. If you are basing you're weak argument off pro bowls and not what they did on the field then Kevin Glover had 3, herman moore 4, and lomas had 7.

I will stick by the fact the fact that Detroit had a very weak offensive line and no other true offensive weapons. Most NFL experts would agree with that assessment as its almost impossible to argue with if you ever watched a detroit game (or a packers game when they played them for that matter) when barry was there.

weak argument? I merely pointed out that they did in fact has a decent offensive line. Not really an argument when I point out a couple players from the team.

I think you meant your not you're as "you are weak argument" makes no sense. For next time.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone started a thread about me? Cool.

I twisted no words. You said Barry Sanders didn't show up for big game and had no post-seasons success. Well the Lions played 6 post season games in his career. He pretty much carried the team for those years. That big playoff game against the Packers, no, not the one that the Packers held him for -1 yard. The one the year before were he put up 169 yards rushing against the Packers during the playoff game. The one were Favre thossed a 4th quarter TD for the Packers to win. That was all Barrys fault. Post season success comes as a team. To say a player sucks because his team didn't win in the playoffs is disingenuous.
I guess Walter Payton sucked as well, after all, he had 9 playoff games and only 1 over 100 yards. At least he got to go to one Super Bowl.

And if someone has a complaint about me, they can PM me. Make a thread about me, bring it on, be careful though, I'll caps lock you!

You twisted words by saying "Yup, Barry sucked." which clearly was not what I said. Try and keep up.

If you are the best player on your team and you get to the playoffs and your production drops sharply then you should take some serious blame. Ahem Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, ect.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
weak argument? I merely pointed out that they did in fact has a decent offensive line. Not really an argument when I point out a couple players from the team.

I think you meant your not you're as "you are weak argument" makes no sense. For next time.

ah resulting in pointing out grammatical errors I made now, lol. Good luck in life brah.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You twisted words by saying "Yup, Barry sucked." which clearly was not what I said. Try and keep up.

If you are the best player on your team and you get to the playoffs and your production drops sharply then you should take some serious blame. Ahem Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, ect.

I don't think you put "serious blame" on a player if their production drops sharply, you have to look at what that individual does in the playoff game. Lets say the lions offensive line played horrible in the playoff game and that caused barry to look bad because there was nothing he could do, does that require him to have "serious blame"? You seem to have a hard time making an objective opinion.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you put "serious blame" on a player if their production drops sharply, you have to look at what that individual does in the playoff game. Lets say the lions offensive line played horrible in the playoff game and that caused barry to look bad because there was nothing he could do, does that require him to have "serious blame"? You seem to have a hard time making an objective opinion.

Wait... I thought Detroit had "absolutely no offensive line"? Lets try and be consistent with your opinion of the O line please.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait... I thought Detroit had "absolutely no offensive line"? Lets try and be consistent with your opinion of the O line please.

what exactly have I been inconsistent with? I am not going to sit on a message board and entertain your childish behavior, if you can't understand what the grown ups are talking about, please just leave. Nobody will miss you.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what exactly have I been inconsistent with? I am not going to sit on a message board and entertain your childish behavior, if you can't understand what the grown ups are talking about, please just leave. Nobody will miss you.

You trashed the O line then tried to argue it could be their fault for barry struggling in the playoffs, please try and keep up son.

Pretty sure I was "poster of the year" in 2010 or something like that. It was voted on.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better I fully believe Barry had the greatest single season in college football D1 history.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts