Hindsight is 20/20

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you bring up a great point, he was a 1st rounder and he would be overpaid with his current situation.
His contract this season is minimal, in fact I believe it's slightly higher than Jarrett Bush. Like Justin Harrell. the main costs were early. Harrell would be cut by now, but it really doesn't pay to do that now after all the signing bonus up front for the former 1st rounder.

And next year, 2011, is a voidable year for Ginn if I remember correctly when I looked this up in March-ish.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His contract this season is minimal, in fact I believe it's slightly higher than Jarrett Bush. Like Justin Harrell. the main costs were early. Harrell would be cut by now, but it really doesn't pay to do that now after all the signing bonus up front for the former 1st rounder.

And next year, 2011, is a voidable year for Ginn if I remember correctly when I looked this up in March-ish.

2012 is the voidable year for Ginn. While the yearly salaries are similar, Ginn's guaranteed money is much more (14 million over the life of the contract I believe)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did a little digging and if this site has it right Ginn's contract is:

Ted Ginn Jr.

Check out 2010. I looks like he'll make over $1M. I donno if TT would be eager to pay a kick returner that kind of coin...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did a little digging and if this site has it right Ginn's contract is:

Ted Ginn Jr.

Check out 2010. I looks like he'll make over $1M. I donno if TT would be eager to pay a kick returner that kind of coin...

Like I said, thats not including the 14 mil over the life of the contract

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ginn's contract:

2010: 1,035,833
2011: 1,393,750
2012: 1,801,667

That's peanuts. The $ is not an issue for sure.
Performance is the whole deal with Ginn.
He's faster than hell, but his hands are slippery catching passes.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT simply doesn't want to mess with the locker room. I think he's trying to create a "it's us against the world" attitude. Forcing the young guys to pick it up.

It may backfire, yeah, but I would've done the same, with the exception of Hunter Smith. I don't buy the no name punters.

And maybe Dansby. But we already have an ILB leader in Barnett, and bringing in an overpaid (Dansby is really, really good, but that kind of money is overpaying for ANYONE in the league) guy for the same position COULD'VE created a fuss...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a pass rusher. Thomas was one, but has averaged less than 4 sacks per season the last 3 years, and only 5.3 per year in his 10 years. Personally, I would have tried harder to keep Kampy--I would have loved to see him and Matthews on the field at the same time. Now, I'm content to see how the rooks do in training camp.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ginn's contract:

2010: 1,035,833
2011: 1,393,750
2012: 1,801,667

That's peanuts. The $ is not an issue for sure.
Performance is the whole deal with Ginn.
He's faster than hell, but his hands are slippery catching passes.

add another 14 million.

Staff online

Members online