HFA...or lack thereof.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully I don't ruffle too many feathers with this thread. I've visited various NFL message boards and there is one common theme: Packers fans are the nicest. While that may be commendable, do others feel as though it causes more opposing fans to our stadium? Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if we were a bit more hostile.

Should the Packers implement a policy to ensure STH's aren't using the market as a means of profiting? Also, maybe a yearly 200 dollar non refundable fee could be implemented if you are 5,000 or higher on the waitlist. I think it would weed out those who are in it for anything but to cheer on the green and gold.

Thoughts?

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully I don't ruffle too many feathers with this thread. I've visited various NFL message boards and there is one common theme: Packers fans are the nicest. While that may be commendable, do others feel as though it causes more opposing fans to our stadium? Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if we were a bit more hostile.

Should the Packers implement a policy to ensure STH's aren't using the market as a means of profiting? Also, maybe a yearly 200 dollar non refundable fee could be implemented if you are 5,000 or higher on the waitlist. I think it would weed out those who are in it for anything but to cheer on the green and gold.

Thoughts?
I'm sorry, I can't take this thread seriously. "Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if we were more hostile"?? This is a game! Does someone really want to be a s*&^head to stop opposing fans to visit our stadium? Not me. And for your information, every single team has their butthead fans. Packers just as well as the Raiders or Eagles. It cracks me up when the fans of a certain team think their fans do no wrong. Sorry, this is silly.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans getting kicked out for being drunk and stupid? NEVER. Lambeau is in a dry county. Hurry honey we got to get supper at 4 pm for the early bird special..DAMN KIDS!!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the real solution is for certain season ticket holders who don't even want to go to games to stop selling them at a profit to out-of-state buyers.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hostility is to be against the players not the fans. Loud, noisy, intimidating, difficult for opposition to play in.

Getting into a drunk fight with another fan just for sake of it sounds kinda lame.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Know what? Lambeau Field IS hospitable. The people are friendly to be sure. Lambeau has it's share of drunken a-holes as does any fan base and/or major athletic stadium event. Thing is, it's not something that Wisconsinites strive for ... it's something that comes naturally - it's how we live our daily lives. It's what separates us from those that choose, or have no choice, but to live in a concrete jungle. There's a reason I have chosen to stay here versus accepting a job offer out of college on the East Coast ... having spent a lot of time on the East Coast in D.C. and Boston, I will say that all the money in the world wouldn't be enough to get me to live there.

My son did a three year stint at Second City in Chicago. Loved the "night life" as a young man...as a grown up adult, he came back to Northeastern Wisconsin and bought a house. Why? See above.

In short, we can't be hostile a-holes like Philly fans and a good many others. It's not in our DNA.

Second, season ticket holders NOT selling their tickets to out-of-state fans would hurt as much as help. See, this fan base is so wide spread that out-of-state Packers fans would be screwed too. Season ticket holders should WANT to be at the game ... or ...they should abandon their tickets. That includes the large businesses that own blocks of those things.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being Hostile in terms of home field means making it loud and difficult for the other offense to operate. Fighting with fans and being an ******* won't accomplish anything positive. You think it keeps people away? Wait till you get some persons season tickets revoked. See how long that strategy lasts.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I can't take this thread seriously. "Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if we were more hostile"?? This is a game! Does someone really want to be a s*&^head to stop opposing fans to visit our stadium? Not me. And for your information, every single team has their butthead fans. Packers just as well as the Raiders or Eagles. It cracks me up when the fans of a certain team think their fans do no wrong. Sorry, this is silly.

While this is true, it's also true that some fanbases tend to have more hostile bases at their stadium than others.

My brother went to a Redskins game in DC and he said those fans were the worst among any he saw in professional sports. They literally surrounded his group in the parking lot, intimated them, kicked their car as they were driving away..and this was after a Redskins win! Just for being decked out in Packer gear - not even a division rival.

I went to Favre's first game against the Packers back in '09 at the Metrodome, and let me tell you, the Vikings fans were less than hospitable on our way out. Not really combative, but endlessly taunting.

Now are all fans from those teams like that, of course not, I'm sure they have good fans as well. The fans that I've seen in here over the years and recently from other fanbases seem to be very level headed. And of course we have our bad apples as well. But in general I think it's true that visiting fans to Green Bay are treated more toward the hospitable side when compared with the average.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, I saw Philly fans pushing a pregnant lady around in Philly ... they ended up getting their ***** kicked by two Wisconsin farm boys who ended up in Philly's stadium jail.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While this is true, it's also true that some fanbases tend to have more hostile bases at their stadium than others.

My brother went to a Redskins game in DC and he said those fans were the worst among any he saw in professional sports. They literally surrounded his group in the parking lot, intimated them, kicked their car as they were driving away..and this was after a Redskins win! Just for being decked out in Packer gear - not even a division rival.

I went to Favre's first game against the Packers back in '09 at the Metrodome, and let me tell you, the Vikings fans were less than hospitable on our way out. Not really combative, but endlessly taunting.

Now are all fans from those teams like that, of course not, I'm sure they have good fans as well. The fans that I've seen in here over the years and recently from other fanbases seem to be very level headed. And of course we have our bad apples as well. But in general I think it's true that visiting fans to Green Bay are treated more toward the hospitable side when compared with the average.
That maybe true, but I personally would not want to be viewed in the same light as those Skins fans. I don't know what else to say on this topic.

DS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts