Hey guys, congrats on your win and thanks for Cobb!

Johneric8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again I marveled watching Rogers find a way to win with some circus throws. That dude has ice in his veins. I never looking forward to playing him or the packers but if Cobb is healthy this one will be interesting.

By the way, Cobb has been awesome for us so far, the guy is just a great talent when healthy and motivated. He is way more versatile than Cole Beasley and a much much better locker room guy. We love Cobb here in Dallas as I know Rogers liked throwing to him when he could stay on the field.

It's exciting to have him in the slot or even out wide, he has really surprised us. I bet if he's healthy he will be excited to face y'all.. Anyway, good luck with your season! I know you guys will make the playoffs this year.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always loved Cobb. If he stays healthy he will be very important for your offense. He is a player. Enjoy the season, I am very happy it is finally here.

Reaction score
Once again I marveled watching Rogers find a way to win with some circus throws. That dude has ice in his veins. I never looking forward to playing him or the packers but if Cobb is healthy this one will be interesting.

By the way, Cobb has been awesome for us so far, the guy is just a great talent when healthy and motivated. He is way more versatile than Cole Beasley and a much much better locker room guy. We love Cobb here in Dallas as I know Rogers liked throwing to him when he could stay on the field.

It's exciting to have him in the slot or even out wide, he has really surprised us. I bet if he's healthy he will be excited to face y'all.. Anyway, good luck with your season! I know you guys will make the playoffs this year.
Cobb is good when healthy. He’s a good guy off the field too. You got a heck of an athlete. Dallas looks legit this year.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, Cobb had some great games but did not live up to expectations. Most of you say that was because of injuries. I don't think that was the only reason. If opposing Ds start focusing on him more; his production will go down. imo

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cobb is a valuable asset to any franchise, and I would guess most Packer fans are grateful for his time here.

That said, the Giants secondary looked awful, and Cobb wasn't your only receiver running unmolested down the middle of the field. I'm not sure you can expect that level of production every week.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, Cobb had some great games but did not live up to expectations. Most of you say that was because of injuries. I don't think that was the only reason. If opposing Ds start focusing on him more; his production will go down. imo
Didn't live up to expectations? What are you talking about? Of course if opposing defenses focused more on him his production would go down. Cobb isn't a tall receiver like a Julio Jones or a Megatron for that matter that can go up for the long ball. The same could be said with almost any receiver in the league. I am so sick of everyone ******* on Cobb simply because his last couple years wasn't the best. His overall body of work was good, and he was one of the receivers that stepped up when we began to move away from Jennings, Driver, Jones. I still wish we could've somehow kept him, as he will be missed. But imo he certainly fulfilled what was expected of him and more, not only with his ability on the field, but his intelligence. If anything we failed to utilize him more, and I think we didn't maximize his full potential. We could've done so many different plays with Cobb. He was such a hybrid receiver.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some Cowboy fans need to relax, the victory was against the Giants, worst team in football outside of the Dolphin. As a long time football fan, this happens every season. Some QB throws for 5 TDs week one, get the MVP drums rolling, by week 6, everything has went downhill. Dak, Cobb, I put zero stock in their performance week 1 against the Giants.

I truly believe had GB played the Dolphins or Giants week 1, Rodgers would be sitting with 5 TDs and some will be talking about how awesome the new system is, not me lol based on the competition.

Cobb got his money and then became injured in GB. Wish him nothing but the best, seem like a cool guy. Op, this is meant for your nation not you.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hard to use a receiver to his potential when half of his potential was sitting in the training room the past few years. He had like 4 healthy weeks last year, had some huge plays in the first game, sucked *** in the 2nd game with some big time drops that killed drives and a fumble I think and then was hurt until almost the end and did well. That's not fulfilling expectations of a 10+ million dollar a year WR.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hard to use a receiver to his potential when half of his potential was sitting in the training room the past few years. He had like 4 healthy weeks last year, had some huge plays in the first game, sucked *** in the 2nd game with some big time drops that killed drives and a fumble I think and then was hurt until almost the end and did well. That's not fulfilling expectations of a 10+ million dollar a year WR.
Again with these past few years? Tell me, what were the excuses of not maximizing his potential the years prior to his contract hmm?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There aren’t excuses, he got better every year and was pretty productive. I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Cobb was a big and productive part of this offense until he couldn’t stay healthy anymore.

OP
OP
Johneric8

Johneric8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I appreciate you guys taking the time to engage in a little banter on my post. I understand that I'm a cowboys fan coming into Y'alls forum, but I've been here in the past and you guys have always been way cool to me. If you ever read my post from the past there has always be a healthy respect for your team and especially Rogers. To be honest, when most of us heard we got Cobb we we're excited because we knew it was a risk reward type of signing. We also knew that Rogers loved the guy and was at one point one of his favorite targets. Of course we also knew that he trouble staying on the field the last couple of years. But, as a guy that has watched Cole Beasley's every snap, he is a one trick pony for sure in his one big ability to get open on short passes and catch the ball. Running after the catch or playing on the outside is not part of his game. With Cobb taking over Beasley's role there is a ton more we can do with him quite honestly. There is no doubt that a Healthy Cobb is a way more versatile and talented player than Beasley.

The cowboys also have Tavon Austin for the slot so if Cobb cant stay healthy there are other options, but I want to echo what some of you guys we're saying about him. The guy is a quality human, much like Alfred Morris was, and an asset to any team as long as he has some health and gas in the tank. I think for me as a fan, I see Cobb bringing more than good play, but also a quality presence in the locker room. I must admit that his leadership and attitude has been a huge plus for our team. Again, can he stay healthy based on history? Probably not, but I can see why man of you loved him and so did Rogers.

And on a side note, as nice as the Cowboys look this year, I still have no faith in us beating you guys because Rogers always finds a way and to top it off us fans have to look at his cheeky grin when he does so! HA.. I guess the only positive here is we don't have to watch Cobb ripping our heart out like he did in the past, so the narrative of Cobb switching sides will be a fun one if he's still healthy when the boys face the pack.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is one of those guys thats great for a team and great for the community. Complete stand up man in all regards. was weird seeing him catch a TD in a that ugly *** uniform, but that's they way it goes in this league.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is one of those guys thats great for a team and great for the community. Complete stand up man in all regards. was weird seeing him catch a TD in a that ugly *** uniform, but that's they way it goes in this league.

I vomited seeing that

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Welcome back Johneric, always good to see you, although I didn't expect you for awhile ;)

Yes, the Cowboys, IMO may have gotten a steal of a deal on Cobb. $5M with only $2M guaranteed. I think a lot of opinions around here were based on him making $10M/year on the 4 yr. contract that he signed back in 2015, after one hell of a season. As it turned out, that 2014 season (91 catches, 1287 yds and 12 TDS) was perfectly timed for Randall, as he was in a contract year. After that, his numbers dropped substantially due to a lot of injuries to him (and Rodgers).

As you saw after one game, he is an excellent player when on the field. If he continues to stay healthy, he may be viewed as one of the better FA signings. However, as everyone here is saying and you acknowledge, keeping him healthy is the trick and probably why the Packers decided to let him go.

I wish him the best, hope he has a slight hammy issue the week the Packers have to once again travel to Dallas to beat your Cowboys. :D Rodgers has definitely had the Cowboys number (7- 2) since he took over for Favre in 2008.

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb was extremely effective in the "scramble drill." If you go back and watch a bunch of film you'll see that, when scrambling, Rodgers was almost always able to find and hit Cobb even when he and Jordy were both on the field.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of love for cobb in here. Just to clarify not the brotherly love in Philadelphia type of way but the fist pump, drink a beer and look for women kinda way!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome back Johneric, always good to see you, although I didn't expect you for awhile ;)

Yes, the Cowboys, IMO may have gotten a steal of a deal on Cobb. $5M with only $2M guaranteed. I think a lot of opinions around here were based on him making $10M/year on the 4 yr. contract that he signed back in 2015, after one hell of a season. As it turned out, that 2014 season (91 catches, 1287 yds and 12 TDS) was perfectly timed for Randall, as he was in a contract year. After that, his numbers dropped substantially due to a lot of injuries to him (and Rodgers).

As you saw after one game, he is an excellent player when on the field. If he continues to stay healthy, he may be viewed as one of the better FA signings. However, as everyone here is saying and you acknowledge, keeping him healthy is the trick and probably why the Packers decided to let him go.

I wish him the best, hope he has a slight hammy issue the week the Packers have to once again travel to Dallas to beat your Cowboys. :D Rodgers has definitely had the Cowboys number (7- 2) since he took over for Favre in 2008.

Speak for yourself.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Speak for yourself.

Have to laugh, because I was speaking for myself when I said "I think......"

You joined in Nov. last year, so maybe you didn't read all the posts people made about Cobb being way overpaid based on his inability to stay on the field.

Sorry if you thought I was including you in that group!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to laugh, because I was speaking for myself when I said "I think......"

You joined in Nov. last year, so maybe you didn't read all the posts people made about Cobb being way overpaid based on his inability to stay on the field.

Sorry if you thought I was including you in that group!
you may have said "I think", but it was clear you mean "you think" or you think that I think you said you think