Here we go again - WR chasin' BIG money

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listed today on the web --- Javon Walker hires Drew Rosenhaus!

Walker signs big-name Agent
With 89 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns, Walker established himself as a go-to guy while making his first Pro Bowl.

After playing like a star, Walker appears ready to be paid like one.

Not sure if Ted Thompson's gonna bite on this one!
I think the days of throwin' ***** around like "FDR's blank check policy" are over in Green Bay - but, we'll see!

Remember guys - Belicheck has set the standard - no real big money contracts or big ego superstars to create unrest in the Locker Room - Javon's pushin it when the timing's bad all around! Look for alot of Teams to turn away from tryin' to "buy" a SuperBowl like the NBA does!

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is his contract up yet? I hope not,hate to lose him now.Soon as a player has a big year,they want a big contract. I'll just wait and see how this unfolds. :doh:

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker has 2 yrs remaining on his contract so I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. However, GB fans can't expect a player to play for the minimum forever. Its inevitable, good players are going to want fair market value for their services. The way it looks right now, GB will probably be forced to let him go considering they'll need to upgrade the QB & RB positions before Walker's contract expires. Of course the defense will continue to need new talent over the next couple of years as well. I guess it comes down to what the organization wants to spend money on. I think it's time to develop a Ravens type Def and hope they can generate enough offense to win games ala Ravens, Pitts, Pats in recent years. The top QB/WR teams, Manning & Harrison, Culpepper & Moss, Farve & Co., McNabb & Eagles haven't been the SB winners. Warner & Rams might be the exception to this generealization? Gannon & Radiers were West Coast all the way and Tampa Bay's winning year was very defensive. Titans have been a very Defensive minded team as well through their winning years w/ McNair relying on TEs and Eddie George to move the ball. Aikman & the Boys would be another exception, but they had a great defense as well and of course Emmett didn't hurt them any. The drop back QB who long tosses the ball down the field (Marino, Bledsoe, Kelly) hasn't provided the ultimate winning combination for quite some time now. No doubt, they were fun and exciting to watch, but they couldn't bring home the trophy. It's time GB consider rebuilding their 1960s Defense and continue to pound that rock to the SB. It works.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I think Walker is a guy we have to keep. Obviously, the financial aspect will play a role, but if you're gonna spend money on a guy, Walker is the guy to do it on. I like that there's still two years left on his contract, but McKenzie still had three or four, so we know what Rosenhaus likes to do. If Favre retires at the end of the year, we should have an ample amount of money to extend Javon at the price he deserves.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that there's still two years left on his contract, but McKenzie still had three or four, so we know what Rosenhaus likes to do.

Mckenzie had already made up his mind that he wanted out of Green Bay BEFORE he hired Rosenhaus. Walker will not have Favre throwing to him by the time his contract is up. I think a lot depends on whether he's willing to stick around here for the post-Favre years.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davenport, Green and Driver will UFAs next year. If GB only signs Bubba for a year you can throw him into that group as well. Who knows if Farve will be back. Let's see Walker do it again this year before we throw more money at him. If you don't have a good OL, RB or QB, what's the point in having an All-Pro WR? How's he going to get the ball?

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about it though we need Walker i mean hes our best reciever. But you guys.....we dont have to worry about this until the time comes when we do HAVE to worry about it.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker is our talent @ WR. The offense slowed to a crawl when he went out in the playoff loss. It's another need position for GB. I wouldn't see Driver making it through FA next year. For that matter, Farve, Green, Davenport, and Grady are all FAs next year; still Walker can wait.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
Slick, what's he going to do, sit out for 2 years in the prime of his playing days?

Somewhere there is a misunderstanding. I'm gonna explain my previous post further.

I was saying I hope he stays with GB because if he leaves then I'd have to change my signature.

Care to elaborate on your sitting out for two years comment now? Thank ya!

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
The offense slowed to a crawl when he went out in the playoff loss.
It wasn't all because Walker was out. Fergy was out too. Chatman was starting, that's why the offense sucked. Fergy is the most underrated receiver in football. I wish Favre would get over his man crush on Walker and throw to Fergy more...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
BrettFavre4MVP said:
slackerbacker said:
The offense slowed to a crawl when he went out in the playoff loss.
It wasn't all because Walker was out. Fergy was out too. Chatman was starting, that's why the offense sucked. Fergy is the most underrated receiver in football. I wish Favre would get over his man crush on Walker and throw to Fergy more...

I think he is under rated but I think the offense went down more so because of how much chatwoman sucks then fergy being good ... know what im saying?

Here with chatoman offense is a say 6 when its normally a 8
with fergy he keeps the offense at a 8

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a misunderstanding alright. Walker's got two options: play and finnish out the 2 years remaining on his contract or sit out like MM did. I don't see JW sitting out because he doesn't like his contract. He's not a FA this off season; he's under contract for 2 more years.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This could be bias or wishful thinking, but I dont think Walker is that type of person to sit out for money. He seems really dedicated to playing. I read about his work out regime last off season thats why I started to really take a liking for him and I 'knew' he was gonna have a good year. I quote knew because well you never know, but I jus had a feeling he was and boy was I tickedoff I didnt get him on my fantasy roster, I tried trading for him every week possible. Even emailed the guy who had him.

Members online

Latest posts