Here this will make you feel better.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this is the game that the offense plays with 11 players instead of the 10 we've seen on the field for most of this season.

Sky King math: 11-17=84
Clever. And Adams has been very inefficient and just a waste of space this year. Rodgers has horrible numbers he throws to him, and has seemed to avoid him the past couple of weeks. I'd love to see a game with Abbrederis filling that spot.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
There is one plus. The Offense is improving some. It needs to improve more in the next three weeks and then we will be fine.

Your avatar makes me feel better, gatorpack. ;)

Hey... I'm always feeling good when I can turn on a Packers' game and know that they're an NFL franchise located just 48 minutes north of me ... that they have generated one of, if not THE most envied histories and legacies in professional sports...and ... that we're not in the position that at least 3 NFL team's fans are in -- asking themselves where their team will move to for next season or the season thereafter.

It makes me feel better in the knowledge that over the course of the last 23 seasons we've had a shot ... and won it twice. It makes me feel better that come Sunday, the Packers have the talent and the wherewithal to beat a team with the second best record in the NFC and ... then that team could get beat by the Seahawks the very next week.

I remember a time when that was all a big freegin' pipe dream...and we've lived it my friends.

I feel better every game day ... because ... OUR GUYS HAVE A SHOT!! I recognize a good majority of folks here never saw Randy Wright and Jim Del Gaizo line up under center and can't feel my joy in "feeling better" every time the Pack take the field. Just want to add ... ENJOY IT NOW BECAUSE A PENDULUM SWINGS BOTH WAY. ;)

God ... I feel better. :) Merry Christmas guys.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, since 1994 Packers fans have had high expectations. How can you think otherwise with QB's like Favre and Rodgers.
The last Vikings game showed that good performance is possible. You just don't know what your going to get when they take the field.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going through the threads on this board just reaffirm the belief that this might just he the most entitled fan base in all of sports. Seriously I question how many people are millennials around these parts.

10-4 with a defense that's played well along with a 2x MVP QB that we've all seen go into god mode and if you didn't know any better you'd think the Browns had a better chance to make a run.

All I'll say is IF the Packers do catch fire and end up in the SB anyone that's been doom n gloom please do not cheer for the team. It might seem harsh but I dispise bandwagon jumpers

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going through the threads on this board just reaffirm the belief that this might just he the most entitled fan base in all of sports. Seriously I question how many people are millennials around these parts.

10-4 with a defense that's played well along with a 2x MVP QB that we've all seen go into god mode and if you didn't know any better you'd think the Browns had a better chance to make a run.

All I'll say is IF the Packers do catch fire and end up in the SB anyone that's been doom n gloom please do not cheer for the team. It might seem harsh but I dispise bandwagon jumpers

Here's all I'm gonna say to this post today; I'll give it the answer it deserves tommorrow because today is Christmas. But I'm tired of the entitled, band wagon you must be a Bears fan line of crap towards anyone who points out how crappy - and well below expectations- this team has played this year, and if they don't keep singing "how great thou art" loud enough through it all.
Off to dinner with friends, Merry Christmas to all.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's all I'm gonna say to this post today; I'll give it the answer it deserves tommorrow because today is Christmas. But I'm tired of the entitled, band wagon you must be a Bears fan line of crap towards anyone who points out how crappy - and well below expectations- this team has played this year, and if they don't keep singing "how great thou art" loud enough through it all.
Off to dinner with friends, Merry Christmas to all.

The fact that you are pointing out how crappy a team that is 10-4 team has played with your "well below expectations" comment is directed solely at the offence as the defense has played above and beyond the expectations placed on them before the season illustrates my point of calling people such as you entitled.

Entitled being that unless the Packers are the absolute front runner to win the SB they've then been absolutely horrible. You can point out the flaws in a team. That isnt the issue. But neglecting any positives while also assuming every other good team has no flaws is stupid. And I never said that you must be a Bears fan. Just a bad fan

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that you are pointing out how crappy a team that is 10-4 team has played with your "well below expectations" comment is directed solely at the offence as the defense has played above and beyond the expectations placed on them before the season illustrates my point of calling people such as you entitled.

Entitled being that unless the Packers are the absolute front runner to win the SB they've then been absolutely horrible. You can point out the flaws in a team. That isnt the issue. But neglecting any positives while also assuming every other good team has no flaws is stupid. And I never said that you must be a Bears fan. Just a bad fan
I completely agree with Ryder. I have noticed this more and more the past couple years. I think Packer fans are entitled and it comes with winning for the last two decades. If we are not the best team in the NFL we are a disappointment. To call this year's team crappy is insane. They are the 3rd seed in the NFC. Entitlement shows up in either making excuses or in being overly negative. I have seen a lot of both lately. The team sint playing to their capabilities but they are still one of the better teams in NFL

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah...well, it's an internet fan forum... Hit my first internet fan forum in give or take... '97... Darren Sharper was a rookie I think and.was.already being called "The Matador" because he'd yell "ole" as wide receivers ran past him into the end zone.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
So just because I can tell the offense is struggling and our QB is unhappy about something I'm a "bandwagon" and not entitled to cheer on my team when they do good?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So just because I can tell the offense is struggling and our QB is unhappy about something I'm a "bandwagon" and not entitled to cheer on my team when they do good?

That's not the point. Feel free to point out the flaws. But don't act LIKE every team had them

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Nope. Doesn't make you a bandwagon fan. By that definition, my 25-year-old son would be a "bandwagon fan" as well just because he became a fan of the team within the last 25 years. Obviously, that would be pretzel logic.

Point is, this team is 10-4. By no stretch of the imagination perfect. A malfunctioning offense isn't front page new - we're all witnessing it first hand. A defense that yields tons of 'real estate' if you will (and that am on record for "hating"...sorry, I'm not a fan of soft defenses) is also well documented. Yet, by god, they're 10-4. Currently the 3rd best record in the NFC. A team that essentially could have won 3 of those 4 losses up to the final possession - granted...they didn't.

Check out news accounts of the 1966 and 1967 Green Bay Packers seasons. If you can find footage of those seasons ... check it out. Then imagine the national media, the local media and an internet mixed in - haha... NOW those teams are part of an acknowledged "dynasty" and are placed on something of a mystic pedestal, when in reality, they were more like the Pack's 2010 Championship team. Almost NOT making it into the playoffs ... hardly dominating ... yet ... by god, by sheer force of will and mental toughness - yeah, they won it all.

Point is, we old timers just get tired same regurgitated negativity that is fed into every fan base, almost intravenously, by ESPN, by Fox Sports, by CBS Sports .. and THEN rehashed and served on the internet like a Christmas turkey. From me, you'll never get Pollyanna responses or observations, nor will you get cut and paste because if I've watched the game, I don't want or need someone 'analyzing' it for me. That's not the case with everyone and that's fine and every fan is entitled to enjoy the experience in their own way...anyway...

Like the opening poster, I can generally tell when young fans are going ballistic... I find it somewhat entertaining for a while. That's all...

There was a young bull and an old bull standing on a bluff overlooking a pasture full of grazing hot, young heifers ... the young bull says, "Hey old guy, let's RUN down there and have our way with ONE of those heifers." Older bull responds, "Son, why don't we WALK down there and have our way with ALL of those heifers."

Just a different perspective, JP. That's all.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wrong right off the bat. It's a fact that what I was directing my comments at was the offence? Which speaks to my expectations, which of course means I'm 'entitled' and suck as a fan, and I shouldn't bother trying to get on the Packer bandwagon as I don't meet the standards of RRyder and co..
Your happy with 10-4 and being the 4th best team in the NFC? Good for you.
Here's the point, see if you can get it without needing to twist it around to fit your agenda.
If you want to think all's well no matter what, good for you. But as a Packer fan, don't presume to tell me if I'm worthy enough to be a Packer fan, or pass some litmus test you come up with to be allowed to post or board your bandwagon. And don't read a post and reply as if you're correcting it to better reflect what that person really means so that it fits your views and agendas.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I get that people have different opinions, but why have it with an attitude ?? fps !

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being 10-4 and clinching a playoff spot is nice, but I seriously doubt that a team with the 20th ranked offense is going to beat a top team. It's just like 2011 when the Packers were 15-1 with the 32nd ranked defense.
A quick exit from the playoffs.

10-4 is deceiving for this team. Lions and Chargers games were steals !

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that people have different opinions, but why have it with an attitude ?? fps !

Disclaimer - don't know what "fps" means, so maybe this comment isn't appropriate, but the basic answer is that without the attitude, there wouldn't be a forum.

I

Disclaimer - don't know what "fps" means, so maybe this comment isn't appropriate, but the basic answer is that without the attitude, there wouldn't be a forum.

fps-for pity sake, as opposed to my true feeling ffs ! for **** sake. And no, the idea of the forum is constructive conversation without the implication that somebody is an idiot because the don`t share the same opinion. Discussion is good, rudeness isn`t. :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's a Bree-tishhhh thing, Half... we are a peoples, separated by a common language. ;) Merry Christmas Bill.

I

It's a Bree-tishhhh thing, Half... we are a peoples, separated by a common language. ;) Merry Christmas Bill.

Hopefully joined by the the dislike of rudeness though Weeds ??? Merry Christmas Weeds ;)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts