1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Here this will make you feel better.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JP Doyal, Dec 23, 2015.

1. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38

Notice the drops and injuries and we still won!

2. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    We sure are a spoiled fan base when something like this gets posted to "help us feel better" following a 10-4 record and clinching a playoff spot.

We get to get to watch the Packers play a very good team Sunday, then play for a division title vs. a rival, followed by the playoffs. And recent history shows anyone can win it all once in.

Regarding the Packers right now, I don't need any help at all to feel good.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +670
    Wonderful for you. I'll let you know how I feel in February.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    Well when you can obviously tell your leader of the team doesn't feel good about it, as a fan its hard too as well. Just thought some of us could use a pick me up seeing that our offense is struggling.

5. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    But how do you feel right now? Wildly optimistic, right? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +670
    Well, 'wildly' might be a bit much. Actually optimistic might be a bit much, too. Come to think of it, I could probably use something to make me feel better - good thread. :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +342
    The main difference is
    It's disappointing because we've witnessed the defense take a step forward and the offense take two steps backwards this year. And we have seen the same offensive struggles each week, and it seems any corner in the league can shut down any one of our receivers and that group really hasn't shown any signs of improvement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    There is one plus. The Offense is improving some. It needs to improve more in the next three weeks and then we will be fine.

9. Tacklynn

Tacklynn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    Does this make you feel better? It does me.

At the start of the season when Andrew Quarless was playing the Packers looked great. I was reading stuff about Rodgers being the best quarterback in the history of the universe. Now Quarless is back again.

If the return of Quarless does not make you feel better, explain why. Am I making too much of the Quarless Correlation?

10. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +342
    He's absolutely a welcome addition. I don't think they can completely shut him down like Rodgers because he's more athletic.

11. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,799
    I hope so, but he was pretty much a forgotten man in the passing game before he got hurt. Is he better now after a few month lay off? I guess we'll find out

12. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +670
    I'll look if asked, but I'm willing to bet there are plenty of things that were different the first six weeks. Difference between coincidence and cause-and-effect. Would I rather have Q than not? Sure. Am I thinking he'll do more than help a little? No.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +942
    Quarless is in his 6th season and has never been much. Now he's going to come in after missing half a season or so and be a difference maker? Not gonna happen.

14. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    This. Imagine it's the day before this season's opener and someone told you the Packers offense would struggle more than you can imagine for much of the season but all will be well because Quarless would return from injury with two regular season games left. Having said that, if Quarless plays as he did in the recent pass, he'll be the best blocking and pass receiving TE on the team - unless RRodgers plays like he did at Detroit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,054
    oh go on, please look !! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,949
  17. Packers907

Packers907 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I've got to admit, I'm extremely excited for this upcoming game against Arizona. Imagine what a win would do to the morale of the team and even the fanbase. Even with a loss, we have been weighed and measured and know where we stand in the sceme of things for the playoffs. If the offense can come together over a 6th ranked defense it will be a thing of beauty for sure. There isn't a fan from any team across the NFL that won't admit to how great the Packer offense looks when firing on all cylinders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    Its true I'm only 22 and know nothing more than winning lol

19. Packers907

Packers907 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    And with the Packers this year, that seems to be the only thing you need to know lol whether the defense or the offense puts up the points, it's just Win Baby WIN!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +670
    I can't help but repeating that, for me, it's all about the season's expectations. I am old enough to have been around pre-Lombardi, so I've seen it all. During the 70s and 80s, I wasn't nearly as bummed as many would think. I knew, going in, that they weren't going to win anything big, so each game was its own Super Bowl. They could be 3-10, but if, this week, they could upset _____ or knock ______ out of the playoffs, I was happy - they never let me down, because they couldn't. Since their return in the 90s, I've been disappointed-to-crushed quite a number of times. Obviously, I'm a Super Bowl-or-bust (if it's a reasonable expectation) type, so I don't anticipate that someone who strives for a winning record, division championship, playoff berth, or other goal to understand. I just wanted to address the constant "spoiled fan" discussion.

21. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    We won 5 Championships in the 60s, after a drought of 15 years. Then another drought of 18 years. So we've won 2 in the last 47 years after winning 11 in the team's first 47 years. I don't feel spoiled.

22. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,799
    considering nobody thought our passing game would struggle this much, and the defense would be decent, and Zook would turn the special teams into something resptectable, maybe this is the year for the unexpected? I can only hope

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  23. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    This thread did make me feel better. But it wasn't memories of seasons past, it was Gatorpack's Avatar. Thanks Gatorpack!

Wish the Packers were playing better, but 85% of NFL fans wish their teams over the last few years were as good as the Packers. We just need a spark and get hot at the end of this season. A feel good story. Wish they let Crockett run the ball last week. After his decent showing against the Lions, he hasn't gotten a carry the last 2 weeks. Would have been a good kick in the asp to Lacy and Starks to start him the next week. Maybe WRs would start focusing a little better as well.

24. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Average is 1 championship in 32 years.

25. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +968
    Maybe this is the game that the offense plays with 11 players instead of the 10 we've seen on the field for most of this season.

Sky King math: 11-17=84