Here this will make you feel better.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Notice the drops and injuries and we still won!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We sure are a spoiled fan base when something like this gets posted to "help us feel better" following a 10-4 record and clinching a playoff spot.

We get to get to watch the Packers play a very good team Sunday, then play for a division title vs. a rival, followed by the playoffs. And recent history shows anyone can win it all once in.

Regarding the Packers right now, I don't need any help at all to feel good.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
We sure are a spoiled fan base when something like this gets posted to "help us feel better" following a 10-4 record and clinching a playoff spot.

We get to get to watch the Packers play a very good team Sunday, then play for a division title vs. a rival, followed by the playoffs. And recent history shows anyone can win it all once in.

Well when you can obviously tell your leader of the team doesn't feel good about it, as a fan its hard too as well. Just thought some of us could use a pick me up seeing that our offense is struggling.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But how do you feel right now? Wildly optimistic, right? ;)

Well, 'wildly' might be a bit much. Actually optimistic might be a bit much, too. Come to think of it, I could probably use something to make me feel better - good thread. :whistling:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main difference is

It's disappointing because we've witnessed the defense take a step forward and the offense take two steps backwards this year. And we have seen the same offensive struggles each week, and it seems any corner in the league can shut down any one of our receivers and that group really hasn't shown any signs of improvement.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is one plus. The Offense is improving some. It needs to improve more in the next three weeks and then we will be fine.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this make you feel better? It does me.

At the start of the season when Andrew Quarless was playing the Packers looked great. I was reading stuff about Rodgers being the best quarterback in the history of the universe. Now Quarless is back again.

If the return of Quarless does not make you feel better, explain why. Am I making too much of the Quarless Correlation?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

At the start of the season when Andrew Quarless was playing the Packers looked great. I was reading stuff about Rodgers being the best quarterback in the history of the universe. Now Quarless is back again.

If the return of Quarless does not make you feel better, explain why. Am I making too much of the Quarless Correlation?
He's absolutely a welcome addition. I don't think they can completely shut him down like Rodgers because he's more athletic.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope so, but he was pretty much a forgotten man in the passing game before he got hurt. Is he better now after a few month lay off? I guess we'll find out

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll look if asked, but I'm willing to bet there are plenty of things that were different the first six weeks. Difference between coincidence and cause-and-effect. Would I rather have Q than not? Sure. Am I thinking he'll do more than help a little? No.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless is in his 6th season and has never been much. Now he's going to come in after missing half a season or so and be a difference maker? Not gonna happen.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Difference between coincidence and cause-and-effect. Would I rather have Q than not? Sure. Am I thinking he'll do more than help a little? No.
This. Imagine it's the day before this season's opener and someone told you the Packers offense would struggle more than you can imagine for much of the season but all will be well because Quarless would return from injury with two regular season games left. Having said that, if Quarless plays as he did in the recent pass, he'll be the best blocking and pass receiving TE on the team - unless RRodgers plays like he did at Detroit.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'll look if asked, but I'm willing to bet there are plenty of things that were different the first six weeks. Difference between coincidence and cause-and-effect. Would I rather have Q than not? Sure. Am I thinking he'll do more than help a little? No.

oh go on, please look !! ;)

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got to admit, I'm extremely excited for this upcoming game against Arizona. Imagine what a win would do to the morale of the team and even the fanbase. Even with a loss, we have been weighed and measured and know where we stand in the sceme of things for the playoffs. If the offense can come together over a 6th ranked defense it will be a thing of beauty for sure. There isn't a fan from any team across the NFL that won't admit to how great the Packer offense looks when firing on all cylinders.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And with the Packers this year, that seems to be the only thing you need to know lol whether the defense or the offense puts up the points, it's just Win Baby WIN!!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will make anyone feel better about this season:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/the-sorry-years-b99418952z1-287342561.html

So in this time of giving......be thankful for what you have. :coffee:

I can't help but repeating that, for me, it's all about the season's expectations. I am old enough to have been around pre-Lombardi, so I've seen it all. During the 70s and 80s, I wasn't nearly as bummed as many would think. I knew, going in, that they weren't going to win anything big, so each game was its own Super Bowl. They could be 3-10, but if, this week, they could upset _____ or knock ______ out of the playoffs, I was happy - they never let me down, because they couldn't. Since their return in the 90s, I've been disappointed-to-crushed quite a number of times. Obviously, I'm a Super Bowl-or-bust (if it's a reasonable expectation) type, so I don't anticipate that someone who strives for a winning record, division championship, playoff berth, or other goal to understand. I just wanted to address the constant "spoiled fan" discussion.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won 5 Championships in the 60s, after a drought of 15 years. Then another drought of 18 years. So we've won 2 in the last 47 years after winning 11 in the team's first 47 years. I don't feel spoiled.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This. Imagine it's the day before this season's opener and someone told you the Packers offense would struggle more than you can imagine for much of the season but all will be well because Quarless would return from injury with two regular season games left. Having said that, if Quarless plays as he did in the recent pass, he'll be the best blocking and pass receiving TE on the team - unless RRodgers plays like he did at Detroit.
considering nobody thought our passing game would struggle this much, and the defense would be decent, and Zook would turn the special teams into something resptectable, maybe this is the year for the unexpected? I can only hope

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread did make me feel better. But it wasn't memories of seasons past, it was Gatorpack's Avatar. Thanks Gatorpack!

Wish the Packers were playing better, but 85% of NFL fans wish their teams over the last few years were as good as the Packers. We just need a spark and get hot at the end of this season. A feel good story. Wish they let Crockett run the ball last week. After his decent showing against the Lions, he hasn't gotten a carry the last 2 weeks. Would have been a good kick in the asp to Lacy and Starks to start him the next week. Maybe WRs would start focusing a little better as well.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won 5 Championships in the 60s, after a drought of 15 years. Then another drought of 18 years. So we've won 2 in the last 47 years after winning 11 in the team's first 47 years. I don't feel spoiled.
Average is 1 championship in 32 years.

Members online

Latest posts