1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Guards

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packedhouse01, Sep 2, 2006.

1. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't seen the cuts from all the teams, but what guards have been cut? This is our biggest area of concern. I'd take an older guard, who can still play a little bit, over what we have. Honestly, I think if we could find a couple of guards off the scrap heap, the offense would have a chance to be pretty good.

2. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They don't fit the "system".

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He didn't mention any names. So who's they??

I'd be looking at maybe Dwayne Carswell from Denver. Some guys from Houston and Atlanta as well. I'd look for experience players that can move. I think you'll see a guard brought in but not to be a starter. We need depth just as bad and that's what will/should get brought in.

4. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Liwienski from the Vikings has experience at RG and LT and is a solid vet. Relax, TT won't do it!

In case you haven't noticed, no one on this team fits the scheme!

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :roll:

6. recte44

recte44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ladies and gentlemen, it's negative Packer "fan"! He'll be here all week. Don't forget to try the veal.

7. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't think of anything more negitive than so called fans who are willing to accept losing and an organization that supports it.

8. recte44

recte44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, TT and the entire organization have collectively decided that they don't want to win.

You can't fix this in one fell swoop, slacker.

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In the example you gave (Chris Liwienski) he doesn't fit the scheme. He's about 325 and would need to drop some weight and he's a fairly slow player. Dropping his weight right now would be hard considering the season is about to start.