Guards

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen the cuts from all the teams, but what guards have been cut? This is our biggest area of concern. I'd take an older guard, who can still play a little bit, over what we have. Honestly, I think if we could find a couple of guards off the scrap heap, the offense would have a chance to be pretty good.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
They don't fit the "system".

He didn't mention any names. So who's they??

I'd be looking at maybe Dwayne Carswell from Denver. Some guys from Houston and Atlanta as well. I'd look for experience players that can move. I think you'll see a guard brought in but not to be a starter. We need depth just as bad and that's what will/should get brought in.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Liwienski from the Vikings has experience at RG and LT and is a solid vet. Relax, TT won't do it!

In case you haven't noticed, no one on this team fits the scheme!

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
Liwienski from the Vikings has experience at RG and LT and is a solid vet. Relax, TT won't do it!

Ladies and gentlemen, it's negative Packer "fan"! He'll be here all week. Don't forget to try the veal.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't think of anything more negitive than so called fans who are willing to accept losing and an organization that supports it.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, TT and the entire organization have collectively decided that they don't want to win.

You can't fix this in one fell swoop, slacker.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:

In the example you gave (Chris Liwienski) he doesn't fit the scheme. He's about 325 and would need to drop some weight and he's a fairly slow player. Dropping his weight right now would be hard considering the season is about to start.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts