Greetings from the Great White North

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey,

I just wanted to say hello from Ontario, Canada! I have been a Packer fan for years, and finally got to see them play in Lambeau last October vs. Tennessee (not exactly the Pack's finest hour). I will be returning to see them crush the ViQueens this November. Hope to see some of you at the game! Go Pack!

Regards,

Robert C. Hedley

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubus-A big welcome to this great Packer forum from very long time Packer fan located in DePere, Wi. just 5 miles from Lambeau Field. I was also at the Tennesse -Packer game. It hurt me to hear some of those Packer Fans boo the Packers as early as half time and walk out early. I don't recall that ever happening to that great degree at any other Packer game in history. And I have been watching Packer football all my life. Monday night football finds a lot of different type of fans in the stands at Lambeau Field,because many Packer fans sell their tickets to that game. These people attending these MNF game start tail gating early because of the 8 pm start and drink too much.. Your posting states you are going to be at the Viking -Packer game this year. As usual it is going to be MNF game. I hope the actions of the fans will be better than the Tenn. game. Everyone in the world sees MNF on TV. I don't know if I will be at the Viking game , the price of the tickets will be very high.. In G.B. since all games are sell outs and have been since 1960' it is supply and demand when it comes to tickets. And Demand for the Viking game is extremely high and so are the prices. Already over $300 a ticket from a ticket brokers . Once again Canadian Packer Fan, Welcome- hope you enjoy your Nov 21st Packer-Viking game at Lambeau Field . If I happen to see you wondering around Lambeau Field , or Green Bay, I will buy you a beer at one of the two Sports bars in the Atruim. Look forward to your postings on this Forum.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be at that game with ya! I'll pay whatever it is they're asking on those ticket sites, because I cannot pass up Monday Night Football in Green Bay vs. the Vikings as my first trip to Lambeau.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Anubis glad you have you on the site! Hopefully there is enough room for you and leo (and TO). Getting lots of Canadian Pack fans up in here!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
Hopefully there is enough room for you and leo (and TO). Getting lots of Canadian Pack fans up in here!
Hey Ryan this just means that come the fall there will be a lot more hockey talk in the Atrium. GO LEAFS GO.

Later
Leopardmech

haha fair enough. Now if there was only an NHL to talk about.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome TD from Burnaby B.C. from a long time packer fan from DePere, Wi. located 5 miles from Lambeau Field. Hope you have a great time visiting Green Bay and attending your first Packer game at Historic Lambeau Field. Hope you have hotel room. You might want to take in my postings about Green Bay, since it is your first time coming here. You will find my postings with Green Bay information on the Introductory board on this Packer forum under the topic of "newbie from New England" She and her family are coming here for a Packer- Patriot exhibition game in August. So you can skip the summer vacation stuff and stick to just Green Bay Info such topics as Tickets availability, Hotel rooms, Sports Bar, Tailgating , Lambeau Field Atrium etc.are in those series of postings. You ,Canadians are geting me all excited about the Viking-Packer game. I might go out there and see if I can bargain with a ticket scalper just before kickoff and get reasonably priced ticket for the game. Some times you get lucky near kickoff time and somebody might give you a deal. Once again Welcome to this Packer Forum, look forward to your postings. We, Packer fans always like to ask. How did football fans from Canada decide to become Packer fans??

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
We, Packer fans always like to ask. How did football fans from Canada decide to become Packer fans??
In 1991 I found a Packers hat on the road, picked it up, saw it looked pretty clean, and kept it. Then I found out who they were and started to follow them. Not too long into me following the Packers a terrible event occured: QB Majkowski went down to injury, and they had to go with some youngster named Favre.:wink: Talk about timing, eh? :D

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1991 I found a Packers hat on the road, picked it up, saw it looked pretty clean, and kept it. Then I found out who they were and started to follow them. Not too long into me following the Packers a terrible event occured: QB Majkowski went down to injury, and they had to go with some youngster named Favre. Talk about timing, eh?
Lucky man you didn't have to live through the lean years.

Later
Leopardmech

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
Welcome aboard Anubis. Glad to have you here. Where abouts in ON are you?

I'm from Whitby (just east of Toronto). I have family up in Barrie. :)

PWT36 said:
How did football fans from Canada decide to become Packer fans??

My father was an avid football fanatic, so I grew up watching far more football than hockey. Green Bay became my favourite team as I always liked the games played at Lambeau outside on real grass, no matter what the weather was like. As I got older, I learned more about the team and their history until I became a dyed-in-the-wool cheesehead... lol. I watched them from the lean years, through Superbowl XXXI until now.

leopardmech said:
Hey Ryan this just means that come the fall there will be a lot more hockey talk in the Atrium. GO LEAFS GO.

Not from this camp. Unlike most of my countrymen, I feel hockey is a pathetic shadow of its former self. Not meaning to offend anyone here, but the only team I used to watch is the Leafs, and (quite bluntly) they suck. Regardless, if this ridiculous player dispute continues through next season it will be a miracle if there is an NHL left to talk about. The players should wake up and realize that Canada can't carry the NHL, and hockey is not popular enough in the U.S. to command the types of wages the players demand... but this is a different debate altogether.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, and let's hope Favre will see another Superbowl before he lays it down for good! Go Pack!!! :D

Regards,

Robert C. Hedley

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great to have you aboard Anubis. Glad to hear you know about the Packers history. It is really something isn't it? Never happen again. Have a great time at the Queens game, here's to a victory. :beer:
:welcome:

Members online

Latest posts