Greetings From Raleigh North Carolina!

Reaction score
Hello fellow Packer fans,

I've been a Packers fan since 2011 when I became a shareholder in the team. I was born and raised in Raleigh North Carolina, and I went to school at North Carolina State University. Big time sports fan between the Packers, Carolina Hurricanes(I saw them win the Stanley Cup in person back in 06), and NC State Wolfpack(where I have seen several future NFL Players, including Philip Rivers and Russel Wilson). I also used to go to some Carolina Panthers games back before I was a Packers fan, including the Super Bowl where they lost to the Patriots.

I watch as many of the Packers games on TV that I can. Never been to Green Bay. I did go see the Pack play in person once when they played the Panthers. I'm sure I'll get to more games at some point. I would like to go to Lambeau one day, at the very least for a shareholder's meeting and to see the stadium, hopefully to see a game if possible.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome. If I remember correctly, you can watch the meeting online so you could do that for the experience and then go to a game. Either way, congrats and keep enjoying the ride. Great fun being a Packer fan.

OP
OP
Raleigh NC Packers Fan
Reaction score
I also currently live in NC in the Raleigh area, so hence my name. I was actually raised in WI though so I still consider that my home place and I been to Lambeau for a game before so yeah. Good to see another fan representing down in the south.

Know of any good places where Packers fans hang out? There used to be a Packers group but it isn't active anymore. Also, is there any way I can watch more games without having to pay extra?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Know of any good places where Packers fans hang out? There used to be a Packers group but it isn't active anymore. Also, is there any way I can watch more games without having to pay extra?

I don't really know of any official hangouts, though I have bumped into a few before while watching Packer Sunday night games at the Applebee's on the corner of Wake Forest Rd and Six Forks. What I usually do is use a tablet or smartphone and this GPS spoofing app which has worked with the Fox Sports, CBS or Yahoo sports apps and set it to be in either Green Bay or Milwaukee or something like that, and it's worked. I also use a VPN client for any other app, but that's one way to do it without needing the Sunday Ticket booboo.

OP
OP
Raleigh NC Packers Fan
Reaction score
Welcome! Great to have another Packer fan here in NC! About 75 miles East from Raleigh myself

Yes it is! How did you get to be a Packers fan? I see your located in La Grange, What is that near? I have been just about everywhere in NC, but I don't ever remember going there.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you type “ Packers Everywhere” in your search engine it will ask you for your zip. It will then show you any Packer friendly bars and restaurants in your area.

OP
OP
Raleigh NC Packers Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. Is that app easy to use?

Do you run into other Green Bay fans at the Applebees's often? The Packers club used to meet at the Brier Creek Carolina Ale House. I am not sure if Packer fans still meet there unofficially or not, but I know the club no longer has organizers.

Last edited:

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, easy to use. Just type Packers everywhere into your browser and your zip. I am in So Cal and it has led me to a couple of great Packer bars near me.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. Is that app easy to use?

Do you run into other Green Bay fans at the Applebees's often? The Packers club used to meet at the Brier Creek Carolina Ale House. I am not sure if Packer fans still meet there unofficially or not, but I know the club no longer has organizers.

Yeah if you got an Android device it's easy to install, if you have an iPhone ... I don't know what to use. It's just called "fake GPS" on the Google Play store.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
So... what is the shareholder's meeting like? Roughly similar to going to the International Paint Museum to watch a drying session live and in person.

Welcome to the forum. Didn't Sheriff Andy Taylor have to go Raleigh to see movies because Mayberry and Mt Pilot didn't have a theatre?

OP
OP
Raleigh NC Packers Fan
Reaction score
So... what is the shareholder's meeting like? Roughly similar to going to the International Paint Museum to watch a drying session live and in person.

Welcome to the forum. Didn't Sheriff Andy Taylor have to go Raleigh to see movies because Mayberry and Mt Pilot didn't have a theatre?

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Sounds like it would be better to just plan a trip to see a game if I ever do go to Lambeau since the meetings are apparently boring, they aren't at the same time as any of the games, and you can watch the meetings on the computer anyway.

I can't remember specifically on the movie theatre thing but I know that he had to go into Raleigh many times for different things(usually it would be him and Barney on police business). Mayberry is based on the real town of Mt. Airy, which is the birthplace of Andy Griffith(and Mt Pilot is called Pilot Mountain in real life). The Andy Griffith show was before my time, but I have nonetheless watched and enjoyed most of the reruns(especially the ones with Barney), and of course most NC natives know a lot about the show.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Sounds like it would be better to just plan a trip to see a game if I ever do go to Lambeau since the meetings are apparently boring, they aren't at the same time as any of the games, and you can watch the meetings on the computer anyway.

I can't remember specifically on the movie theatre thing but I know that he had to go into Raleigh many times for different things(usually it would be him and Barney on police business). Mayberry is based on the real town of Mt. Airy, which is the birthplace of Andy Griffith(and Mt Pilot is called Pilot Mountain in real life). The Andy Griffith show was before my time, but I have nonetheless watched and enjoyed most of the reruns(especially the ones with Barney), and of course most NC natives know a lot about the show.

I forgot to welcome you and started right in with dumb talk. So welcome.

While I find the meeting boring...groaning from the weight of dollars and cents, I wouldn't say a trip up to Green Bay during training camp isn't worth it. There is a lot to see and do in the stadium district. Particularly the stadium tour and Hall of Fame.

Members online

Latest posts