Green Bay should go get DK Metcalf

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Back to the question posed about trading for Metcalf...if you believe Pete...it's a "no". Of course the Packers said the same about Davante.

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle
Pete Carroll says on @933KJR Seahawks will try hard to re-sign DK Metcalf before 2022 season begins: "It's really important to us. We love him. He maybe will go down as one of the great draft picks we've ever had here. "We are going to do everything we can to get it done."
5:50 PM · Mar 22, 2022
Did the packers ever say they wouldnt trade Adams?

D

Deleted member 6794

Big difference there is the level of picks present there compared to what we have this year....and what teams are there in the late 1st to work with.

I don't think there's a big difference between the 46th and 53rd pick, definitely not one to be considered a deal breaker.

Lockett won't be trade-able until after '23... right now they'd be carrying $31Mil dead money AND be negative on the cap by almost $6Mil by trading him.

The Seahawks would take a total of $15.2 million of dead money counting against their cap by trading Lockett. While it's pretty unlikely they would be interested in trading him there's a small chance of it happening in my opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Did the packers ever say they wouldnt trade Adams?
Good question and since I stated they did, I should find a source shouldn't I? :)

In a quick search I did find this article, with some very interesting comments by Davante and Carr back in June of 2021. The author said "simply because the Packers have no real interest in unloading him now." But I will keep looking if Gute and the Packers ever said it.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only real benefit of trading Metcalf (if you’re the hawks) is if you don’t think you can re-sign him once the rookie deal runs out. Or if you think your next quarterback is 2-4 years away and you won’t get value while under contract.

Is it likely? No. Possible. Kind of.

If we could get him, I’d be in favor assuming the front office and Rodgers feel good about the fit in our offense. We’ll have to overpay I’m sure (NFC team) and we’ll then need to give him a big contract next year.

I’m fine with both, but he has to be a perfect fit o justify to spend. Not a close fit, not a nearly perfect fit, perfect.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We’ll have to overpay I’m sure (NFC team) and we’ll then need to give him a big contract next year.
Much like I just said about Terry McLaurin, Metcalf is going to want a kings ransom with what Chalk, Adams and Hill just got. Couple that with the Kings ransom that the Seahawks want and its a "no" for me. People are saying "but you get both McLaurin and Metcalf on their rookie contract, which is cheap." Sure you do, but are you really going to trade a lot of draft resources if a new deal isn't already in place? I'm not giving up a first and a second if all I am getting is a low priced guy, that won't be in Green Bay for more than a season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you believe the source...s, sounds like the Packers have inquired about both Metcalf and Lockett. Also, if you believe what Metcalf said about the cold, in a response to the door is open for him in KC, he definitely wouldn't want to play in GB either.

DK Metcalf

@d
Better close it, heard it get cold at night
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I don't think there's a big difference between the 46th and 53rd pick, definitely not one to be considered a deal breaker.
I agree with you to a point or just in general. However it depends on the group that is still left when you’re patiently watching 7 others take their turn first.

There may be zero difference if that group is all valued equal. But if someone we considered at #28 is still slipping n sliding at #46.
Huge difference

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good question and since I stated they did, I should find a source shouldn't I? :)

In a quick search I did find this article, with some very interesting comments by Davante and Carr back in June of 2021. The author said "simply because the Packers have no real interest in unloading him now." But I will keep looking if Gute and the Packers ever said it.

Wasnt busting your balls.. Was truly wondering

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wasnt busting your balls.. Was truly wondering
Me too now. :D

While I was under the impression that Gute had stated that they had no intention on trading Davante, I could be getting that confused with what he said about Rodgers. If he didn't say, I will change my statement to "he probably thought it". :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree with you to a point or just in general. However it depends on the group that is still left when you’re patiently watching 7 others take their turn first.

There may be zero difference if that group is all valued equal. But if someone we considered at #28 is still slipping n sliding at #46.
Huge difference
I think the difference between picks in the draft starts out high and by the time you get to the 7th round, there is only a marginal difference between say 15 spots. That said, I am sure every GM, in no matter what round has said "oh crap, I was just about to draft that guy and they beat me to him!"

I also bet that there are GM's that pass on guys in the 7th, because they feel they will get them as an UDFA and boom, a team takes them in the 7th.

Reaction score
I think the difference between picks in the draft starts out high and by the time you get to the 7th round, there is only a marginal difference between say 15 spots. That said, I am sure every GM, in no matter what round has said "oh crap, I was just about to draft that guy and they beat me to him!"

I also bet that there are GM's that pass on guys in the 7th, because they feel they will get them as an UDFA and boom, a team takes them in the 7th.
Painful to lose out on someone you studied and highly respected.
I’m not sure if anyone else remembers the Cowboys draft boardroom when Dallas Goedert came off the board, just before their selection?
It was like their cat got run over right in front of them

I’m not sure about Metcalf cost. That concerns me. Yet I do find it amusing that a player who I deemed a good value to go get in FA after 2018 (Devante Parker) is suddenly one of the guys in our crosshairs 3 years later. There was a poster in here (not you) who was bordering on demeaning, about me about mentioning his name! He also patronized me for mentioning TE Izzo as a late Day 3 prospect. Yet Ryan got picked 7th round by the Patriots and he’s still playing today. They just sent him to Houston for a 7th rounder

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Painful to lose out on someone you studied and highly respected.
I’m not sure if anyone else remembers the Cowboys draft boardroom when Dallas Goedert came off the board, just before their selection?
It was like their cat got run over right in front of them

I’m not sure about Metcalf cost. That concerns me. Yet I do find it amusing that a player who I deemed a good value to go get in FA after 2018 (Devante Parker) is suddenly one of the guys in our crosshairs 3 years later. There was a poster in here (not you) who was bordering on demeaning, about me about mentioning his name! He also patronized me for mentioning TE Izzo as a late Day 3 prospect. Yet Ryan got picked 7th round by the Patriots and he’s still playing today. They just sent him to Houston for a 7th rounder
I liked Parker and while I don't believe that he has quite lived up to the contracts he signed, I think he would be a great deal for 2 years, for the Packers on his current contract. He would end up being about a $6.04M/year guy and after he has been stuck in Miami for 7 years with some meh QB's, he might excel with #12.

Now, what do the Dolphins want for him?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Parker and while I don't believe that he has quite lived up to the contracts he signed, I think he would be a great deal for 2 years, for the Packers on his current contract. He would end up being about a $6.04M/year guy and after he has been stuck in Miami for 7 years with some meh QB's, he might excel with #12.

Now, what do the Dolphins want for him?

Dolphins aren't getting a lot and they're setting with no pick till the 4th round. I'd send our 3rd to them for Devante and a Day 3 in return this year or next in the 5th or 6th round. That's my top shelf offer....a 4th straight up maybe if I feel very good about him and Rodgers and MLF say yes.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Dolphins aren't getting a lot and they're setting with no pick till the 4th round. I'd send our 3rd to them for Devante and a Day 3 in return this year or next in the 5th or 6th round. That's my top shelf offer....a 4th straight up maybe if I feel very good about him and Rodgers and MLF say yes.
Go get it done Tiny Gute!

D

Deleted member 6794

Huge difference

While that's true it's irrelevant when talking about the value of the picks to trade up into the first round.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts