Grats on getting to the ChampionShip game from a Giants fan.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told myself if the Giants lose too the Cowboys i was riding the Packer train through the SB and rooting for them hard. Fortunately for me we won and unfortunately now i have too root against them, if we do lose i will still root for you guys.

I knew you guys had Seattles number. Way over-rated, with no run game (alexander way over rated as well). Hope we have an injury free game, and my biggest concern is it being cold with Farve use to the weather unlike Eli who is still getting use to it i believe. But if its real windy maybe it will be a wash.

If the giants do the same thing they did to Garcia and Romo i think we have a better chance to win, if not you should have the edge if our starting cbs cant get back on the field.

Grats on the win again. Just found out yesterday that back in the day when farve was in College he had dinner at my advisors house, told her she should sell the dinner plates on ebay she said unfortuanetly she didnt know which plates they were.

Well GL on sunday just not as much as we can use.

Almost forgot Grats on Grant, hope he does well for you guys in the future, just not this Sunday :)

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats yourself, and welcome! The Giants have looked very good their last three games. Eli is improving and your d-line gets pressure.

But Brett's starting streak predates Ebay's founding by three years. Your advisor is telling stories!

OP
OP
DragonSoul

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Grats on getting to the ChampionShip game from a Giants

johnny_blood said:
Congrats yourself, and welcome! The Giants have looked very good their last three games.

But Brett's starting streak predates Ebay's founding by three years. Your advisor is telling stories!

She knew him through his college friend. I told her to bad she didnt save them, cause she could of sold them on ebay, but she didnt remember what plates they were.

This happened when Farve was the back up in Atlanta, before the trade to GB. I was talking to her as in Hindsight, to bad she couldnt see into the future :)

Thanks for the gg. You guys have been solid, you had a very good passing attack, Farve isnt making to many of those crazy plays, besides the game he gave to Chicago with a bad toss (hope he does it for us this week) and your defense has been solid all year round, and getting the running game going will make you very tough, not sure how your ST is, but should be a great game.

OP
OP
DragonSoul

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Grats on getting to the ChampionShip game from a Giants

all about da packers said:
Welcome DragonSoul, thanks a bunch to your team for knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs! :D

Quick question: What is the status of Sam Madison and Aaron Ross for the game?

Seems like many felt that way.

Also i heard that Ross will play thank god. Madison im not sure as of yet, but once it gets closer i am sure i will hear something. I have to say though, since the playoffs Webster has been pretty much lights out, which is what we were hoping for when we drafted him a few years back, many labelled him a bust, but maybe it finally just clicked for him, perfect timing too. Against TO and Galloway. Of course having Madison back would be a big help, just hope the rust wont hurt him much if he does come back.

Manning_Dynasty10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Giants fan chiming in here. I too like the Packers (I don't route for them or anything, but had we lost to Dallas I would have wanted Favre to get a 2nd well deserved SB Trophy!). I pray to God that we win, but if we don't we would have lost to the better team and I will route for you HARD in the Super Bowl, I promise!!! Much love here.

I like the matchup. You guys have had the better year, and are probably healthier. You play great at home, but we play great on the road. You're coming off of a big win over Seattle, and we're coming off of two big road wins over Tampa and Dallas, and t hen we played the Patriots tough, definitely a moral victory, even though many people won't admit it. We are banged up, however we beat the #1 seed on the road with this banged up team, and the #1 NFC seed was previously 17-0 at home int he divisional round since the new playoff format in 1990. Not saying this gives us an edge but I do believe that this shouldbe a great battle with both teams fighting, scratching, and clawing until the end, regardless of the score!!!!!

I am concerned about the state of our secondary, but again, they have played well. We had poor talent to begin with, and the last 10 games even those guys were hurt. Many a game we were going with 2 or 3 guys who were Rookies or 2nd year players, mostly no-named guys, and they have continued to impress. And our pass rush is definitely clicking which relieves much pressure off of them. So yes, I am concerned about the combo of Farve to Driver, Jennings, or Lee, but I think we can hang.

As for an update, nobody knows for sure. But it looks like Dockery is out, Madison is doubtful, although he has a CHANCE to play, and Ross should be ready to go, however, who knows if his shoulder will become dislocated again after he makes a few hard hits. I hope for the best.

Again, good luck to you, hope we have a great game. And from a competitive level anyway I think THIS is the Championship Game to watch. I see this game being won by maybe 7-10 points TOPS, but I can't see the Chargers finishing within 17 points of the Patriots. We all thought that the AFC Championship Game would be th ereal Super Bowl this year, but it's not the case. After all, people thought that the AFC portion would consist of IND-NE and the NFC would be a combination of DAL-NO-CHI, but we know how that turned out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!