Gotta get Erasmus James

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to trade up in the draft to get Erasmus James. Maybe trade Davenport and our first round pick to move up. He is the missing piece to the puzzle.

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Erasmus would be a huge addition to our D-line but i think our main problem lies in the secondary....Our d-line could stand to get some more QB pressure but its tough to pin it on them when a quarterback drops back and hits a wide-open receiver within a matter of 2 seconds. The secondary has to help out the d-line and vice versa, and im just not seeing it yet....James would be an amazing player for us to have, but we need a DB BADLY!!!!!! :)

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Erasmus James is OVERATED you badger fans need to realize he's nothing. You need to look to the Iowa Hawkeyes if you want to see what a good D line looks like. The hawkeyes held James in check with a sophmore O line. You need to be thinking Matt Roth! Watch the capital one bowl and you'll see what I mean.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that James is the answer especially trading away picks/players to move up. He is diffinitely a good college player he might be alittle bit undersized for the pro game. Personally I think we need a solid saftey that can cover and tackle.

OP
OP
B

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fondypackfan said:
I don't think that James is the answer especially trading away picks/players to move up. He is diffinitely a good college player he might be alittle bit undersized for the pro game. Personally I think we need a solid saftey that can cover and tackle.
He isn't really all that small. I think he is about 6'4" and weighs about 260-265 pounds. For a pass-rushing d-end, that isn't bad. Just look at Kabeer (6'4" 250).

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, I don't think it matters who we get 1st, GB needs a legitimate stud on the DL, in the LB corps and in the 2ndary. Believe it or not, Kampman and KGB are ranked in the top 50 of NFC DL. Diggs and Barnett our in the top 50 of NFC LBs. None of our DBs are listed in the top 50. They need help everywhere on Def and I can't see continuing to pick draft picks and hope they develop; it isn't working. Go get a legitimate player the same way they got Farve, Green, and Harris via the trade.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The DBs would be a lot better with some sort of pass rush from the front 4. I really think we need to tender Davenport at the first round level and see if there are any takers. If Miami or another top 10-15 team wants him, I say let him go and take the 1st round pick. With Mike Sherman at the helm, that's the only way we're going to get a pick in the top half of the draft.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
Guys, I don't think it matters who we get 1st, GB needs a legitimate stud on the DL, in the LB corps and in the 2ndary. Believe it or not, Kampman and KGB are ranked in the top 50 of NFC DL. Diggs and Barnett our in the top 50 of NFC LBs. None of our DBs are listed in the top 50. They need help everywhere on Def and I can't see continuing to pick draft picks and hope they develop; it isn't working. Go get a legitimate player the same way they got Farve, Green, and Harris via the trade.

im with you slacker. drafting young talent is vital of course, but free agent pick-ups and player trades seems more realistic esspecially with our late round picks these last few years.

v00d00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep....that Reynolds disaster, and then there was also Steve Warren, Cletidus Hunt, Rod Walker........I'm sure I left out some others..

Games are won at the line. While I will agree that a good secondary can compliment the line and give them "coverage sacks", I would still like to see an aggressive and disruptive line that can create turnovers by forcing fumbles, tipping passes and hurrying QBs into making bad reads rather than seeing the Pack get more DBs. But I still think we need to see a GM with a knack for knowing what talent is and that's a whole different topic...

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
james is good but comparing him to kgb proves the pt. kgb isn't really that good. reynolds....what a waste. let's not go thru this post without giving joe johnson the lack of credit that he deserves. i will agree that roth is a beast. he single handedly caused michigan all kinds of problems and that's a top notch o-line. i wouldn't be so quick to trade away najeh tho. if you haven't noticed, green isn't exactly carrying this team. has he forgotten how to get to the endzone? 1 in the last how many weeks? najeh is vital to our running game and if anything were to happen to ahman......see the monday night najeh romp.

Pack66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like there are enough quality DE's in this draft that you really don't need to trade up to get someone who can contribute right away. The only guys I would trade up for are Rolle CB Mia, Thomas Davis S Georgia, or Derrick Johnson Texas. Rolle could be either a CB or S.

Just my opinion. Nice board.

Members online

Latest posts