Gordon Gekko

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in the spirit of Gordon Gekko, "Greed is good" mentality and all the talk about how well the Packers are set up for a real run of championships in your wildest but somewhat realistic (a bit of a contradiction but hopefully you get the point) thoughts what would you like to see the Packers accomplish as far as winning Super Bowls.

For me, obviously 2 in a row is the first step but how great would it be to be the first team to 3 peat? Or how about 5 in 7? Like I said wildest but still somewhat realistic thought, in each case pushing the edges of that realistic envelope:happy: 3 peat has never been done, 3 in 4 has as has 4 in 6 so the next step is 5 in 7...ahhh shoot why not both first the 3 peat then a couple of "down years" and then close it out back to back...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first team to 3 peat would be great but I want to just wanna be the first team in a decade to get back to the SB, kind of a one step at a time deal.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first team to 3 peat would be great but I want to just wanna be the first team in a decade to get back to the SB, kind of a one step at a time deal.

Nothing would bring us more joy then the Pack going to Super Bowl XLV-done, XLVI and XLVII and wining them all, then we'd be tied with the squeelers with six Lombardis and would be 15 Time World Champs.

ArnoldSlick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steeler fan here. You guys are built to be good for a long time, but don't get ahead of yourselves. It is tough to win it once, that much harder to get back. The Steelers missed the playoffs the seasons after the last 2 SB's. Stuff happens, you go from being the hunter to the hunted( sounds cliche'd but it is true). You guys could get back the 46853 players you have on IR and NOT be as good as you are right now. Chemistry can change, key guys have down years, other teams rise up and improve. I mean look what it took for you guys to get in this year. Next year you guys could be 14-2 have home field throughout and run into the hot team and be out. Tons of stuff has to go right to get that ring.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won 3 Championships in a row twice: 1929, 30, 31 and 1965, 66, 67. The last two were called the "AFL-NFL World Championship Game" now known as the Super Bowl. If there had been an AFL-NFL World Championship game in 1965 we would have won that one as well.

Stop making the baseless claim that the NFL prior to 1966 is irrelevent. It has no reasonable justification, and it's an insult to the players and teams from 1921 to 1965 who competed in the NFL--the undisputed top league of professional football.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts