Good Broncos Secondary?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People said that to win GB couldn't pass, but had to RUN to win. Well Green Bay did BOTH!

Jennings - 6 catches, 141 yards, 1 TD
Jones - 3 catches, 107 yards, 1 TD

Ryan Grant - 22 carries, 104 yards

Who thinks they can beat Green Bay when they're clicking? (And they weren't even clicking! This was sloppy play, and still embarrassing a good defense.)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those two big passing TD's brought those numbers up quick! Man, Favre hit them both in stride, and Jones really made some nifty moves to get in the endzone. I think these guys are for real!!!
Think about it.......Driver is becoming secondary with these fast young kids. (I still LOVE DD though!!! The guy is fearless!!!)

Reaction score
Bravo to the WR group, Jones and Jenning came up HUGE!

Driver had a key catch that moved the chains, making a couple of tough catches.

These guys can ball.... and we should be getting K-Rob back against the Chiefs (I'm assuming).

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bailey and Bly are gamblers, and their errors tend to get overlooked, but they will definitely get some negative attention now that they have been torched deep in the same game.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those two big passing TD's brought those numbers up quick! Man, Favre hit them both in stride, and Jones really made some nifty moves to get in the endzone. I think these guys are for real!!!
Think about it.......Driver is becoming secondary with these fast young kids. (I still LOVE DD though!!! The guy is fearless!!!)

Bailey had a really strong game. Favre saw DD was covered, so he hit GJ & JJ instead.

The beauty of this game - goes to show that NOBODY can cover DD, GJ, and JJ. One of them will be open.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

These guys can ball.... and we should be getting K-Rob back against the Chiefs (I'm assuming).

K-Rob returned two kicks (one was a touchback.) Didn't notice K-Rob or Ruvell Martin on any offensive formation this game.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
K-Rob returned two kicks (one was a touchback.) Didn't notice K-Rob or Ruvell Martin on any offensive formation this game.

He was listed as inactive for the game. I think that was Tramon back there.

K-Rob was not active tonight. :wink:

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

K-Rob was inactive for the game but travelled with the team. Bodiford got the nod instead. I saw Martin line-up for a few plays, but not much.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after dropping two passes early, GJ really made a huge play.

GJ flat out ran Bly, that was a great play, i will watch that play over and over.

While DD was dbl teamed, JJ & GJ really shined. Grant really made a statement, He will be the starting back.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after dropping two passes early, GJ really made a huge play.

GJ flat out ran Bly, that was a great play, i will watch that play over and over.

While DD was dbl teamed, JJ & GJ really shined. Grant really made a statement, He will be the starting back.
Jennings dropped the two passes on purpose. He said they were not thrown fast enough. :wink: :lol:

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya i still say dre bly and champ bailey are the best corner combo in the league but they difinatly got out matched by favre

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People said that to win GB couldn't pass, but had to RUN to win. Well Green Bay did BOTH!

Jennings - 6 catches, 141 yards, 1 TD
Jones - 3 catches, 107 yards, 1 TD

Ryan Grant - 22 carries, 104 yards

Who thinks they can beat Green Bay when they're clicking? (And they weren't even clicking! This was sloppy play, and still embarrassing a good defense.)

looks good but condsider that both were held in check aside from beating the corner on one play on single coverage.. jennings was 80 yards and james 73 or something aside from that they did little else...but champ and bly are the best tandum in the game but even then, if you isolate them in single coverage, because you cannot stop the run, then fail to pressure the qb your eventually gonna get beat with noone over the top to back it up

and denvers defense isnt good... the pass coverage is great, but if you cannot get the qb and give him time i dont care if you got champ and deon they are gonna get burnt

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya i still say dre bly and champ bailey are the best corner combo in the league but they difinatly got out matched by favre

well thats denvers season in a nutshell..we have probably the best cb duo in the game , but if the line cannot get pressure on the qb they will evenually get beat since they are playing single coverage with no saftey help...and bates cannot seem to force any sort of pressure in the least bit

and i dont think anyone in the league coulda played those two passes any better ..they were perfectly placed balls...which is why favre will be in the hall five years after he hangs up the cleats

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well haris and woodson have to prove it to me first because the only really good game was at washington and they were just in the right place at the right time but good point

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings beat Bly more than once and pretty much showed he could beat him short or deep.

Champ is a great corner but I don't look at Bly that way at all. Good but not great at best.

I don't think it would hurt Jenning's feelings to see him over there every week. He'd get his normal share.