Goats of the Week

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One or two bad calls on big plays can make a huge difference and in the NFL where "making a play" is so vital to winning it can kill a team.

We should have been winning this game going away. The officials were not going to have it.

I really had to bite my tongue listening to Skins' players after that game. It's amazing how fast amnesia sets in sometimes.

They were talking about how they should have won and they were lucky to even be in it.
Well, considering they had the refs in their back pocket, of COURSE they felt they should have won! But despite that, we STILL beat them.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whenever I'm watching a game with someone, I usually make a comment during the game like "that play right there is going to be huge". It could be a penalty on a key down, a turnover, a first down on 3rd and short, whatever, it could be in any quarter. For the Chicago game, I said it after Jones' second fumble. Sometimes I'm actually right ( not saying it was the CHI incident ).
I know I'm stating the obvious here, but think of those 14 point swings, team driving for a TD, defense intercepts and takes it back or scores an easy TD following. Football can be so dependent on one play, and that's what I like about it.
That's a terrible oversimplification, but you get my point.

Members online

Latest posts