Game 13 __ It's Bears week again [Pregame and post game thread]

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Off topic, but is it just me or is this Monday Night Football trio of Levy, Griese and Rid**** just terrible? I feel like I'm listening to a division 3 Football commentary.
They are consistently awful. I actually sort of like Louis Riddic.k, but Levy and Greise are absolutely horrible.

One of the Bills backs was running, got to the outside, and fell at the 12 yard line. There was a horse collar tackle. And Levy yelled "TACK ON 15 MORE YARDS!!!!". No, Steve Levy. No. There aren't that many yards left to the end zone, buddy. And anything inside of 30 yards is half the distance.

This is elementary crap that most real football fans know.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are consistently awful. I actually sort of like Louis Riddic.k, but Levy and Greise are absolutely horrible.

One of the Bills backs was running, got to the outside, and fell at the 12 yard line. There was a horse collar tackle. And Levy yelled "TACK ON 15 MORE YARDS!!!!". No, Steve Levy. No. There aren't that many yards left to the end zone, buddy. And anything inside of 30 yards is half the distance.

that'll move the chains!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I didn't hear it but I wouldn't judge too much by one comment like that. I know I've gotten excited and made similar comments. I'm sure he knows the rules but in the heat of the moment he just blurted it out. Besides it sounds better than TACK ON 6 MORE YARDS

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I didn't hear it but I wouldn't judge too much by one comment like that. I know I've gotten excited and made similar comments. I'm sure he knows the rules but in the heat of the moment he just blurted it out. Besides it sounds better than TACK ON 6 MORE YARDS
It's one example of many other ignorant comments throughout his commentary. And it's every game.

He's a great sportscenter anchor. But play by play for Monday Night Football ain't for him.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone could be as bad as Tessitore, but Levy is close. They are both just so damn annoying and try WAY too hard. Stop calling players by nicknames and first names, it's unprofessional. Your stories aren't funny or cute. When you try to make every play sound epic then it diminishes the actual epic plays. No one thinks you're funny, you're just annoying. Tessitore is the worst of all time, Levy ain't far behind. Rid**** is solid and generally does his homework. Griese I can take or leave.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone could be as bad as Tessitore, but Levy is close. They are both just so damn annoying and try WAY too hard. Stop calling players by nicknames and first names, it's unprofessional. Your stories aren't funny or cute. When you try to make every play sound epic then it diminishes the actual epic plays. No one thinks you're funny, you're just annoying. Tessitore is the worst of all time, Levy ain't far behind. Rid**** is solid and generally does his homework. Griese I can take or leave.

You basically summed up my feelings about having to listen to these guys on Monday night football. I either don't watch the game or if I do, I flip over to the Manning brothers. Annoying in their own ways, but less than the 3 doing the main broadcast and making it seem like I am listening to a WWF broadcast.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's one example of many other ignorant comments throughout his commentary. And it's every game.

He's a great sportscenter anchor. But play by play for Monday Night Football ain't for him.
fair enough, I don't believe I have ever heard him or really paid attention to him. I generally don't pay much attention to the announcers.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't there a trend that Adrian Amos has owned the Bears since leaving? If I remember correctly, he has made game-clinching plays each of the past few seasons since leaving.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take Levy over Boogar McFarland!!! He is a complete fool. After his tirade during Pack V Detriot game his true colors were shown - that of a Green Bay hating Buccaneer homer. ESPN has really gone downhill...oh well. Chris Berman tried doing a game and was absolutely horrible as well.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears game is live on Sky TV here in UK. Problem is it starts 0115 so I will be in bed sleeping, dreaming of a Packers WIN.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bears game is live on Sky TV here in UK. Problem is it starts 0115 so I will be in bed sleeping, dreaming of a Packers WIN.
A true Packer fan does not sleep through a Packer game no matter what! Come on mate, change your schedule around, take vacation time, this is the Green Bay Packers! :laugh:

If you post your phone number here, we can give you updates after each quarter. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wonder if it is on radio over here. Just realised I'm on nights lol
Everything is online these days, just a matter of finding it. Hope this works for you.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will give it a try on Sunday. many thanks.

The NFL have a play by play review telling what has happened so I can use that if all else fails

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Then there is this:

I dislike Sunday night games because I'm old and need sleep. I work early on Monday's. I too would like to see this game flexed. Reading the article though, there are no good games to flex in.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then there is this:

I dislike Sunday night games because I'm old and need sleep. I work early on Monday's. I too would like to see this game flexed. Reading the article though, there are no good games to flex in.
I'm not positive, but I think there has to be a two-week notification before a game to be flexed, so this one will be played on Sunday night.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts