Free Agency Thread

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see this as Matt Ryan going to Indianapolis. Long term stunting growth of the Atlanta franchise. Just my 2 cents.
As a quasi-Falcons fan, I kinda like this move for them. They have a lot of really good young weapons on O with Pitts, London, and Robinson. I think Cousins will do well.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Steelers signed Patrick Queen, a guy I would have liked to have seen in Green and Gold. Queen gets a 3-year, $41M deal .
When it was announced that the Packers had moved up in that 2020 draft, Queen was actually the guy I thought they were going after......and I was excited about it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
As a quasi-Falcons fan, I kinda like this move for them. They have a lot of really good young weapons on O with Pitts, London, and Robinson. I think Cousins will do well.
They got an offensive line that will keep him from getting killed?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
When it was announced that the Packers had moved up in that 2020 draft, Queen was actually the guy I thought they were going after......and I was excited about it.
Lol, and here we are. Stuck with Jordan Love.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Same here. I wonder what he's worth. He had been pretty consistent until last season. I don't think he's worth more than $3 mil/year though. I'd still rather have him back because he knows the system and provides cheap insurance. And the O line will only get better. We'll know soon enough.

I still think the Packers spend a 3rd round pick on a RB, and then another in round 5. As far as I know, this isn't a great class for RBs or safeties. Probably why Gluten hit those positions hard in FA.
If he's got 2 teams wanting him to be RB1, he's going to get significantly more than 3M per year imo.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, and here we are. Stuck with Jordan Love.
I'm not going to start that whole debate again, but if it's kinda like the butterfly effect. And I'm not even arguing that I'm not happy how it worked out in the end. In the moment, that's what I was rooting for. And doubt even YOU were jumping through the roof when the Love pick came in at that moment.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Xavier's contract, pretty friendly the 1st 3 seasons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313_153337_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313_153337_X.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 20

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I did as well or maybe it was I was "hoping" they would. Sure glad Gute was smarter than most of us and selected Love with that pick.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not going to start that whole debate again, but if it's kinda like the butterfly effect. And I'm not even arguing that I'm not happy how it worked out in the end. In the moment, that's what I was rooting for. And doubt even YOU were jumping through the roof when the Love pick came in at that moment.
Lol, I was indeed very surprised. Then I saw the tape on him from his Utah State days. I COMPLETELY understood what the appeal was.
Full Disclosure: I've never believed in rookies being counted on to fill immediate holes as starters. I honestly don't like over exposing rookies to too many snaps as I feel they are going to hurt you as much as they help you and I believe opponents target your rookies, because that is exactly what I'd do as an opponent.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I prefer looking at all the details (below). They like how then somewhat spread out the yearly cap hit after year one, which keeps it from getting so big in the deadcap dept. that you can't get rid of a guy without it really stinging.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I love it. Has LTBE game day active bonuses. Very team-friendly imo and allows the team to have a good out by making him very tradeable if they choose.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Any team that wants Dillon to be RB1 should fire their GM. He isn't RB1 material.
In our offense I definitely agree. I do think that with everyone going to miniature LB's, we're going to see the pendulum start swinging back towards some more brute force running games than some of this video game stuff we've been seeing.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the few replays I saw of Jacobs last year looking for a hole; he looked quick in his cuts and looked to have a short burst of speed/acceleration. Of course, there were no holes to be had. Still, I'm thinking he will be able to see and hit a little hole with success if there is one. So I think he will work out. Whereas Dillon is not quick or strong enough to get through a small hole. I'm hoping we go a different direction there. A couple of those rookies are very fast. And several others that are really quick. I'm just not worried about playing rookies. Especially RBs.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My guess is that they'll make two more modest investments and then be done. One at linebacker and one at safety-- someone to push McDuffie and someone to compete with a rookie at SS. Some names to monitor:

Linebacker:

-Jerome Baker, Miami
-Tyrel Dodson, Buffalo
-Nicholas Morrow, Philly

Safety:

-Jayron Kearse, Dallas
-Terrell Edmunds, Tennessee
-Marcus Maye, New Orleans

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
On the few replays I saw of Jacobs last year looking for a hole; he looked quick in his cuts and looked to have a short burst of speed/acceleration. Of course, there were no holes to be had. Still, I'm thinking he will be able to see and hit a little hole with success if there is one. So I think he will work out. Whereas Dillon is not quick or strong enough to get through a small hole. I'm hoping we go a different direction there. A couple of those rookies are very fast. And several others that are really quick. I'm just not worried about playing rookies. Especially RBs.
They'll get your QB killed if you're not careful because almost none of them can block NFL pass rushers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is that they'll make two more modest investments and then be done. One at linebacker and one at safety-- someone to push McDuffie and someone to compete with a rookie at SS. Some names to monitor:

Linebacker:

-Jerome Baker, Miami
-Tyrel Dodson, Buffalo
-Nicholas Morrow, Philly

Safety:

-Jayron Kearse, Dallas
That's the way I see it too. I have no idea though about specific guys that would be good fits.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Linebacker:

-Jerome Baker, Miami
-Tyrel Dodson, Buffalo
-Nicholas Morrow, Philly

Safety:

-Jayron Kearse, Dallas

I agree with your post entirely, but I'd also like to see an offensive lineman added. Perhaps Risner or Zeitler.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with your post entirely, but I'd also like to see an offensive lineman added. Perhaps Risner or Zeitler.
May be able to get one of those guys in a few weeks for a decent price too. A whole lot of guards have already signed for the big money. Does either Risner or Zeitler have any experience playing center as well? We could use another C/G combo. I'd prefer to keep Jenkins and Tom where they are.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont blame jones a bit. You only have so many years to make all your money. You have to think of your kids and grandkids ahead of your fans. Me, I'm wired different than most. If I had a few million in the bank I would put fun and championships on a much higher level than money.
He did that last year. Let's not forget that.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

The Packers are awesome at drafting and developing OL. They shouldn’t waste that edge by spending on it, especially when they have viable starting options across the board right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts