Free agency and draft thoughts

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
Veretax said:
Who is MIchael Huff? ANd while I like Mike Bush. We don't need a Running back that badly to have to trade for him.

Michael Huff is a first round SS.. If TT as reported by many, is looking to upgrade the safety position, the Huff is a nice choice. Throw Bush in as bonus and it starts to look nice.

Michael Bush has played ZERO games in the NFL and is only still recovering from a broken leg. Potential trade value = ZERO.

Michael Huff is still on his rookie 1st round contract, he was a top10 pick, teams dont usually cut their first rounders after 2 seasons unless hes Pacman Jones or some **** like that.

Once again Madden NFL Trade Logic has is not realistic! :-?

Hey you people should read a bit more before you make lame posts. The Raiders ARE shopping Michael Huff, it has been documented. And no ****, with little being able to be asked for, why not throw a Bush into the deal? Not to mention that many feel Huff is an outstanding corner as well.

From one of many sources .....

One option is Michael Huff, who apparently is being shopped by the Oakland Raiders. He’s only 24 with good size (6-1, 205), and he’s a former first-round pick so you know he’s got some talent. He’s also signed through 2010 with a reasonable, five-year, $22.5 million rookie contract that guaranteed him $15 million (with bonus money included, he’s actually currently due $4.8 million in 2008, making him the second highest-paid safety in the NFL).

Edited by AADP - I think it's a bit wrong to group Tiger with Fuzz, blunt as Tiger may be.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:
PackOne said:
Veretax said:
Who is MIchael Huff? ANd while I like Mike Bush. We don't need a Running back that badly to have to trade for him.

Michael Huff is a first round SS.. If TT as reported by many, is looking to upgrade the safety position, the Huff is a nice choice. Throw Bush in as bonus and it starts to look nice.

Michael Bush has played ZERO games in the NFL and is only still recovering from a broken leg. Potential trade value = ZERO.

Michael Huff is still on his rookie 1st round contract, he was a top10 pick, teams dont usually cut their first rounders after 2 seasons unless hes Pacman Jones or some **** like that.

Hey you people should read a bit more before you make lame posts. The Raiders ARE shopping Michael Huff, it has been documented. And no ****, with little being able to be asked for, why not throw a Bush into the deal?

P.S. You and Fuzz should get together and talk hoo haa.

Have the Raiders came out and released a press statement saying Huff is on the trading block...nope.

And im pretty sure the Raiders didnt draft Bush and waste a 4th rounder on him just to trade him once he gets healthy..

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
Tiger said:
PackOne said:
Veretax said:

Hey you people should read a bit more before you make lame posts. The Raiders ARE shopping Michael Huff, it has been documented. And no ****, with little being able to be asked for, why not throw a Bush into the deal?

P.S. You and Fuzz should get together and talk hoo haa.

Have the Raiders came out and released a press statement saying Huff is on the trading block...nope.

And im pretty sure the Raiders didnt draft Bush and waste a 4th rounder on him just to trade him once he gets healthy..

From the Oakland Tribune TODAY ....

Two league sources tell the Oakland Tribune's Jerry McDonald that it's "no secret" Raiders S Michael Huff is on the trade block.

Huff is going to be hard to trade with that $43 million rookie deal he signed in 2006. It's very surprising that the Raiders would be looking to unload Huff with no viable alternative behind him. Oakland needs a hitter at strong safety so Huff can move to center field and capitalize on his strengths.

And concerning Bush, with Rhodes, Jordan, and Fargas they have a surplus.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Jordan a UFA this year?

And honestly guys, this is the offseason. Crazy rumors are gonna flutter around like bats in a cave. So let's not go after each other's throats or take generalizations personally on menial things like "documentation" (which is for sissies, anyway :razz: )

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Isn't Jordan a UFA this year?

And honestly guys, this is the offseason. Crazy rumors are gonna flutter around like bats in a cave. So let's not go after each other's throats or take generalizations personally on menial things like "documentation" (which is for sissies, anyway :razz: )

I agree, but here is how I see it. Everyone loves Bigby and Rouse, everyone thinks Collins is average. Everyone in Oakland says that Huff should be playing FS. Coaches also feel that he might even be a better corner than a safety as well. I see a great FS and a future corner when/if Rouse is fully ready. I threw the Bush comment in there because even Ted would take a flier on this guy if he were cheap. Either way Huff is to be had, and if the majority feels Nick isn't getting it done and we need depth at corner, why not kill two birds?

EDIT: Now that you got me feeling morally wrong for some reason PIB, let me interject this. It's not the disagreeing that upsets me. It is the following FICTITIOUS story.

Tomorrow morning we all wake up and check the forum. Tromadz has already been burning the midnight oil, and all of a sudden you see the post. MICHAEL HUFF traded to GREEN BAY. The little subtitle in white reads WE ALSO GOT MICHAEL BUSH. Knowing TT, the deal is pretty good for us, and the boards light up with messages such as. OMG THAT GUY IS A STUD ... WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL. And, HUFF + BIGBY = SUPERBOWL. So I apologize for any rude behavior, but if Huff was a Packer tomorrow, oh how the tone would change.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in the Bay. It's true, Huff is on the block.

Green Bay is "interested", but I haven't read or watched anything regarding whether or not Green Bay has contacted Oakland.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in the Bay. It's true, Huff is on the block.

Green Bay is "interested", but I haven't read or watched anything regarding whether or not Green Bay has contacted Oakland.

Thank you. All I have heard is the Raiders want CW and a pick for Huff. No mention of round.

Reaction score
Thank you. All I have heard is the Raiders want CW and a pick for Huff. No mention of round.

I think people are getting a bit too "trade CW" happy (not people as in 'you' specifically, more so the people that start these rumours).

The Packers benefit a lot from keep Williams, we shouldn't forget how thin our DT rotation got late in the season and how Williams was solid in the playoffs.

At this point Harrell is still pretty unknown, someone that has had trouble staying healthy (both college and last season). Jolly is coming off an injury where I've read he won't be 100% by the start of training camp. Cole is no lock to come back, he was unhappy with his role before his injury. Granted Colin Cole is a RFA, but the Pack might decide it is better to let him go than risk having an unhappy player in their locker room.

I realize 6 million for a non-starter DT might be seen as a bit much, but after thinking about it I'd rather spend that 6 million on Williams as insurance against the worst case scenario (Harrell/Jolly/Cole falter).

For that reason I see Williams being far more valuable than Huff could ever be to the Packers. Huff MAY be able to switch to CB, but we know what Williams can do. Besides, I understand we need future CB prospects, but I would say the Packers are better off with Tramon Williams and Bush, because at least those players have shown they can play CB and play it well (in spurts). That is more than Huff has done.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I think people are getting a bit too "trade CW" happy (not people as in 'you' specifically, more so the people that start these rumours).

The Packers benefit a lot from keep Williams, we shouldn't forget how thin our DT rotation got late in the season and how Williams was solid in the playoffs.

At this point Harrell is still pretty unknown, someone that has had trouble staying healthy (both college and last season). Jolly is coming off an injury where I've read he won't be 100% by the start of training camp. Cole is no lock to come back, he was unhappy with his role before his injury. Granted Colin Cole is a RFA, but the Pack might decide it is better to let him go than risk having an unhappy player in their locker room.

I realize 6 million for a non-starter DT might be seen as a bit much, but after thinking about it I'd rather spend that 6 million on Williams as insurance against the worst case scenario (Harrell/Jolly/Cole falter).

For that reason I see Williams being far more valuable than Huff could ever be to the Packers. Huff MAY be able to switch to CB, but we know what Williams can do. Besides, I understand we need future prospects, but I would say the Packers are better off with Williams and Bush, because at least those players have shown they can play CB and play it well (in spurts). That is more than Huff has done.

While Huff certainly has the speed to play corner, I think his best role is as a ball hawking free safety. He has the speed to play center field, and that'll free Bigby up to smash mofos in the run game.

Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
While Huff certainly has the speed to play corner, I think his best role is as a ball hawking free safety. He has the speed to play center field, and that'll free Bigby up to smash mofos in the run game.

We have Rouse though, someone who has shown flashes of doing that. Huff would thus be redundant.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

You may be right on the Trade Rumors. Over on the Redskins board, there was a rumor yesterday about trading for Williams, but that it would cost something their 3rd round this year, and a 7th next year. I think a 7th is low, maybe a 6th, but When I began thinking about it. if Thompson is using Williams as Trade Bait, maybe he can leverage it to trade up for an impact player he wants (perhaps a Corner, but who knows). Would the Packers take a Deal that Sends Williams and their 1st Round Pick to Washington, in Exchange for getting the Skins #21 Pick Over all and a 3rd? That's moving up the chart significantly, and they add a solid 2nd day pick to the list as well. Ultimately, I'm not sure if it would be enough to grab Williams who has been tagged, but again this is a rumor, how true is it? I'm doubting its that true.

Members online

Latest posts