1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fox Sports bashes Ingle Martin

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, May 1, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    WORST PICK

Green Bay Packers: Ingle Martin, QB, Furman: Martin threw the ball very well in shorts and a tee-shirt at the Combine. He didn't throw it as well in pads and a helmet at Furman: Martin doesn't have a great arm, and his numbers at a small program (20 touchdowns, 13 interceptions) aren't impressive. He was a seventh round value for a team that already has a young quarterback to develop named Aaron Rodgers; you don't want too many young arms clamoring for practice reps. Martin averaged 42.5 yards per punt, so maybe Mike McCarthy believes he's found the second coming of Danny White.

read the rest of the best and worst of the 5th round. check out the other ones too. we got props for jennings.
    ----------------------------

I like how he didn't mention the records he broke in Florida with Spurrier. Quite convenient. Some of these guys only look at the basics, and ONLY the 2005 season.

2. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    NFL.com had him rated very well. F FoxSports Ingle Martin has a cool name and looks promising. He can serve as multiple tools, a holder, a possible punter, and a back-up QB. Martin has a good arm, fast feet, he has a quick release. If he works on detecting the play better and not lobbing the ball in the air at times, he can be a starter. That is what NFL.com said.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Martin had the strongest arm at the combine, according to the radar gun...

and according to the records he broke in florida. lol.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    BUT

did his father coach him?

5. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That just shows you how smart this guy is.
    Instead of saying the Packer now have two young arms to develop why not say this guy is 3rd string and he is going to get all the snaps that a 3rd string QB gets. Rodgers as 2nd string will get a few more b/c it is the starter who gets all the real practice time.
    Also once you get into the 5-7 rounds these guys are the long shots or the ones teams stash away and try and deveope over a 3-4 yr period. If Martin didn't have flaws he would have taken before Young was drafted.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He also scored a 32 on the wonderlic (average is 19 )

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    haha fox sports has very little credit when it comes to the Draft.

8. PackwillBEback

Ratings:
    +40
    Ingle Martin is going to be a great NFL player. He will BE THE NEXT FAVRE. I don't doubt it one bit. I KNOW he will be the greatest QB ever. Ok maybe I'm a little overboard, but I think he will be the next Green Bay Packer starter. And he will be a great one, I just have a feeling.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    hes so funny and interesting. hes got that thing where hes.. just... "not right" but in a good way.

Im rootin for him, thats for sure. Beat A-Rod!

10. PackwillBEback

Ratings:
    +40
    Great Pre-draft article on Ingle!

A critical time for Martin
    As the draft nears, Furman QB Ingle Martin is ready to disprove his doubters
    By PATRICK OBLEY
    pobley@thestate.com

* State college players who might be drafted

Ingle Martin has heard virtually every criticism that can be leveled against a quarterback.

First, he was too small. Then, he lacked athletic ability.

Perhaps his arm was a tad weak, too.

Then came the NFL Combine.

The Furman quarterback silenced many critics at the annual college football meat-market by placing among the top five in virtually every measurable in his grouping.

“It’s definitely an experience I’ll remember for a while,â€

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    see, he gets all mad when people bash him. I like that. He just wants to play, and prove himself.