Forgetting Favre and his merry band of losers for a second...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Was anybody else thrilled to see the Saints win for the city of New Orleans? How great a scene was that at the end of the game? You can really tell that since Katina there's a connection between that team and that city that's damn near Packer like.

Thrilled to see that city finally get it's shot at the Super Bowl.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Even if it's only for 2 weeks before they get smacked by the Colts.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a great story to see that team and city get to the dance for the first time -- especially after hosting it so many times. I think they have a good shot at the Colts, especially if there is rain.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I said early this year that if not the Packers I hope it is the Saints. I really hope they win the SB... It would be a great story for a city that really deserves something to smile about.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be Burp's final year.
But between that and boosting the moral of a city with lives that lost a lot during Katrina, NO deserved to go to the SB much much more than Fart and the Viqeens.
He had already been there. (And won it in the Superdome. How's that for a nice touch of irony?)
The right team won.
The right QB lost.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, New Orleans deserve something like this. I don't really care who wins in the SB, but I'd rather have the Saints win. Seems like the Colts should be the favorites, just looking at how each team performed on Sunday.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said the same thing to my Mum this morning. I said that while I was pleased that Favre got smacked about and the Viqueens lost, I was more pleased that the Saints are going to the Superbowl, because of the tragedy that had happened. I really really hope they now go on to win the Superbowl, they deserve it.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty awful game, and while I didn't care who won per say I really felt sorry for Favre. Yes he through that final INT, but his team let him down more than anything.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty awful game, and while I didn't care who won per say I really felt sorry for Favre. Yes he through that final INT, but his team let him down more than anything.

good. Vikings who?!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't cheer for nobody. I only root for the Packers, and for the rivals to lose. Since there'll be no rival in this game, I'll be able to enjoy it without rooting for nobody.

I only saw two complete postseason games, the Packers', and the Vikings Saints game. The rest I only looked at the replays. Couldn't do it. Now I'll enjoy it, and really going to enjoy Rodgers starting at the Pro Bowl!

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score

His team didn't lose the game for him... well, not all of them. Defense played well, but here is my breakdown of the overrated Vikings.

Here's my breakdown.

2009 regular season, What most played claimed the Vikings to have:
Vikings O-Line - One of the best in the league
Vikings Receivers - One of the best in the league
Vikings Running backs - One of the best tandems in the league

End of 2009, What they really are:
Vikings O-Line - Nearly got Brett Favre killed. I do not like the fact that Brett Favre went to the rivals, but I actually started feeling bad for him because he probably would have done better with the Packers O-line at the end of the year. Vike's O-line is way overrated. McKinnie is never the monster people think he is. Hutchinson is declining, but still good. Never should have let Matt Birk go. RG is a nobody. RT, is a overrated rookie.

Vikings Receivers - Both Berrian and Harvin fumbled. However, Rice will be good for years to come. Their receiving is still not as good as the Pack.

Vikings Running Backs - What more can I say... Did anyone else get the feeling that every time in the fourth quarter that Peterson touched the ball,it was going to be a fumble. Chester Taylor is one heck of a back and should have replaced Peterson for the second half.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's always refreshing to see a team that was once laughing stock get to the Super Bowl. But if they play like they did yesterday the Colts are going to roll on them.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
It's always refreshing to see a team that was once laughing stock get to the Super Bowl. But if they play like they did yesterday the Colts are going to roll on them.

Probably - but I don't think the Colts have quite the front 7 the Queenies do and the game is on grass. I expect Brees to have a better game.

That said, (1) I hope the Saints win and (2) I hope it is an entertaining game.

Not to frequent that I don't care much who wins. I have nothing against the Colts. I'd just rather see the Saints win it for the NFC and for the city of New Orleans.

That said, I don't have a horse in the race (Pack) nor is there a team I absolutely could not stomach winning (Queens, BOBs, Cowpies, Patriots, Broncos), so I plan on just sitting back, enjoying a few good beers, some good food and hopefully a good game.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Drew Brees has a heart for the game that you don't see much anymore. That plays a large part into why I rooted for them last night and why I will root for them in 2 weeks.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, it was half the reason i was rooting for the Saints, i really wanted to see them make it to the Superbowl for the city of New Orleans.

Members online