For My Fellow Viking Fans

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah yes.. Vikes takin' like a Pro.. good job there fella!

Although, when it comes to football talk... I haven't seen Vikes keepin' us apprised of the moves being made in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" -- any of you see him postin info about his pet team? Is Moss gettin' traded, or what?

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Moss gettin' traded, or what?
you know moss is not going anywhere.
:roll:
if i was tice and someone was calling me on moss, i would say "are you ready to let go of your top 3 players"? and some teams it would have to be more. and some teams dont have that many players at key positions that i would like.
no offense, but like the pack.
i know you guys dont like, want him on your team but there are not 3 players on the pack that i would take in place of moss. at positions that the vikes need. we need some D. and no, i am not putting down some players but u know as well as i do that both of our d's stunk it up pretty bad at times.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are you ready to let go of your top 3 players
You think that this jerk is worth any teams 3 best guys. Wow Vikes come back to earth. Yes he is a great playeralue but his value as a player is greatly diminished by his lack of ability to be a leader.

Later
Leopardmech

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't get Moss for leadership. Moss will never be a leader, he doesn't have the moral conviction to do so. You get Moss to change your O. He makes evryone around him better. The D can't put eight men in the box so your O line block better, the RBs look better. The second and third receivers get one on one by the second and third DBs. He is not cut out for that role (leader) but if you have a leader like favre, Moss would make your team even better than it is offensively. Getting three of the best players from a team may be a little much for Moss. I would say their best player and a number one pick would be fair. As long as their best player was a defensive one!!! After all you have seen how our D played this year!!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarkenton said:
After all, you have seen how our D played this year!!!
Yep, yepper, we sure did, fer sure! And, it wasn't much better than ours

- in fact, we bested you, two outta three times this year, and have owned you guys in the MetroDome for two years in a row now, with an aging QB (as some put it).

You can have Moss - he detracts away from quality players, is selfish and rarely steps up and gets counted like most NFL Players would prefer to be remembered. I'll take a young Antonio Freeman (before the big contract) and pair him up with Javon Walker along with Robert Brooks - throw in a little Sterling Sharp and THAT's a Wide Receiver Set!

I wonder, just mutterings ya understand, exactly how things really go down in the Locker Room after the games, especially when the 'queens lose... You think they all have to listen to Moss mouthin' off? Or is he the first to scram outta there before they all start gettin' on him demanding answers for his BS?

Which way do you think it would go down?

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but his value as a player is greatly diminished by his lack of ability to be a leader.
LM,
that is in your opinion. i dont see it that way sir. sorry. i dont care if he is not the leader. you labeling him as needing to be a leader is saying that he is a great player and should be able to lead. you should know yourself that not all are born to lead. not even close.
moss is too emotional to be a leader. when i was his age and younger i always did not make the right decision. not even close. lol. he is after all a human being. and we all make mistakes. integrity is what you make of it. none of us have to answer to what moss makes for himself.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard part for Vikes - is he's located away from where his Team lives.
So - unless he uses Satellite Radio - he may have to wait like the rest of us to find out Moss is gone.... Even JAWS is saying Randy should be traded.

Actually, Randy's own words back that up.. his comments are not in the vein of being a Team player - he actually sounds like he'd rather be on the Philly Team.

I give cudos to Cris Carter, tho' - he did try... to make something better out of what there was, when it came to being a mentor for Moss.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you labeling him as needing to be a leader is saying that he is a great player and should be able to lead. you should know yourself that not all are born to lead. not even close.
I know that not everyone is born to lead but as the best player and face of a team you have got to step up and try. Some leadership skills are born with you, others are gained through experience and some are even tought. The fact Moss doesn't even try to be a leader is what I was trying to get at, in the fact that this has to take away some value of him on your team or for a team looking at trading for him. A leader can get the rest of team up for a game and make them all play better where as Moss can only make him self step up (when he wants to).

Being in the Army where leadership is a primary skill I can tell you that anyone and I mean anyone can be a leader if they want to. They may not originally have the skills but through mentoring, instruction and experience they are all given the tools needed.

Later
Leopardmech

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all good leaders are very emotional
could u please explain? r u talking in football terms?
anyone can be a leader if they want to
this is what i mean. if he doesnt want to i wouldnt expect him too. just because he is talented doesnt mean HE HAS to be the leader. it should be "daunte's roll" to be THE leader anyway.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOt necessarily - with specific mention about the Steelers - Sports Weekly had an article a few weeks back discussing that, and the Jerome Bettis situation from Season start to now...

Bettis is the "leader by example" and all are rallying around his example, especially the backups... BUT EVERYONE is watching the growth of Big Ben R -- the adage is now known as "Construction" signs which say:

"BEN at WORK"

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Construction" signs which say:

"BEN at WORK"
That is what I am talking about Ben is learning to be a leader just like Moss should, he is a fantastic player and a veteran he should be able to show some leadership to those around him.

Later
Leopardmech

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben is learning to be a leader just like Moss should
but the QB spot is supposed to be the leader. and big ben is considered a leader on the field already.
i know what youre saying tho LM, you are saying that if moss recognizes that he is so great the natural progression after so much time is to be a leader.
not all people think that way no matter how much they should be.

Members online

Latest posts