For all you starks lovers

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when he is running it is too vertical... looks more like a WR to me but i do not know jack... :)

hahaha, i saw him and thought it would almost fit if they spread him out and lined him up as a WR. I liked what i saw though. We needed a different look than what Jackson was giving

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if he runs sideways, he is moving the dang ball forward! Perhaps he is not the definition of a traditional running back but I'm thinking they broke the mold when they made him! Hail Starks! Now that I've seen him play, I can say I fancy him!

I'm with you sister! He moved the chains, took time off the clock.. we need this in our game plan... I'm a Fan!

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only concernis he gets hurt. He has a history of injuries and an upright running style is usually suscetible to injuries(leaves more of the body exposed to being hit) or quick decline. EG: Julius Jones, exploded rookie year, meh since... Only really succesful upright runner I can think of is Marcus Allen(I suppose calling him successful is an understatement but you get it). But from what I saw, Starks got it done. And as long as he stays healthy, I can't see anything wrong with him running upright.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only concernis he gets hurt. He has a history of injuries and an upright running style is usually suscetible to injuries(leaves more of the body exposed to being hit) or quick decline. EG: Julius Jones, exploded rookie year, meh since... Only really succesful upright runner I can think of is Marcus Allen(I suppose calling him successful is an understatement but you get it). But from what I saw, Starks got it done. And as long as he stays healthy, I can't see anything wrong with him running upright.

Adrian Peterson = upright runners
Darren McFadden

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson also runs that way. He was injury prone in college, but been healthy in the pros.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say AP runs more upright than normal, but I don't know if I would flat out say hes an upright running back. Starks looks like hes standing straight up, maybe it's because he's 6'2"

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a Starks fan - I never appreciated the RBs who run so upright. The only really successful one was Marcus Allen.

But, what we have going now just isn't working. Therefore, trying something different can only make things better at this point.

Eric ****erson ran upright, Gayle Sayers ran upright, Paul Hornung ran upright, Adrian Peterson runs upright. That's pretty good company. Starks looked o.k. for his first game in about 2 years. Let's wait and see how he develops.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He lowers his shoulder when he needs to. Are you gonna start telling Denard Robinson to tie his shoe laces?

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he looked more like the old Roger Craig at San Fran/Oakland with the upright running style. Didnt understand as to why when he would make a couple yards they would pull him out. Would have liked to see him catch a ball on a screen and take off. Overall you have to give him thumbs up

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he looked more like the old Roger Craig at San Fran/Oakland with the upright running style. Didnt understand as to why when he would make a couple yards they would pull him out. Would have liked to see him catch a ball on a screen and take off. Overall you have to give him thumbs up

I was wondering that too. I wanted to see him in the passing game. See what he can do with space.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The word from the scouts before the Packers drafted him is that he's a terrific receiver. He also played QB in high school so he's a wild cat threat.
Why is everyone so concerned about his running style? Seriously? I haven't seen anything of him except highlight reels where he's past the LOS but that guy got 1 or 2 where there wasn't 1 or 2 this game. I'm already on the bandwagon.
I like the idea that something good just happened to us after all the injuries and so on. At some point, the scales have to tip in our favor right? I loved the pick when they made it. Donald Driver was a late pick, Shields wasn't picked at all, let's give him a chance. He's almost certainly better than what we've had.
I just hope they don't shy from this guy because they want to give BJax his "turns"

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He lowers his shoulder when he needs to. Are you gonna start telling Denard Robinson to tie his shoe laces?
This right here.. anyone see AP lower his shoulder at the last second and steam roll the guy?? I dont think Starks has that kind of power but as long as he lowers his shoulder when he needs to I dont see a problem..

Does everyone think that he falls foward for 2-3 more yards without lowering his shoulder???????

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The word from the scouts before the Packers drafted him is that he's a terrific receiver. He also played QB in high school so he's a wild cat threat.
Why is everyone so concerned about his running style? Seriously? I haven't seen anything of him except highlight reels where he's past the LOS but that guy got 1 or 2 where there wasn't 1 or 2 this game. I'm already on the bandwagon.
I like the idea that something good just happened to us after all the injuries and so on. At some point, the scales have to tip in our favor right? I loved the pick when they made it. Donald Driver was a late pick, Shields wasn't picked at all, let's give him a chance. He's almost certainly better than what we've had.
I just hope they don't shy from this guy because they want to give BJax his "turns"

I feel you on this. As of today, MM said BJAX is still featured back. I hope his mind changes throughout the week. MM also said there's still a role for Dmitri Nance. Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? There is nothing special I've seen out of Nance.

As previously stated somewhere on this forum...

Starks = feature back
Jax = 3rd down back
Kuhn + Quinn Johnson = pound it in Back

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
We can have two "featured" running backs, can't we? I say use BJax and Starks interchangeably and then take it from there.

This.

I like the idea of Starks on 1st and 2nd down, then BJax on 3rd if it's a long 3rd, where we'll pass, or Nance/Kuhn if it's a short one. Though, Starks got those short gainers yesterday. We've got quote the RB repertoire if we use them all correctly. I don't think any one of them could do it all.

I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong in thinking earlier that we needed a big name back. We made it through the tough stuff without one, and now we can reap the rewards of our patience. Though, I won't say that it wouldn't have been easier with a proven back, or that we might have won another game or 2 in that stretch. Now that we're where we are, let's finish the year strong and use that draft pick or two that we coveted to fill in the few gaps our team has.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
We can have two "featured" running backs, can't we? I say use BJax and Starks interchangeably and then take it from there.

agreed. it would be like what the pats are doing with green ellis and woodhead

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't see Brandon as a feature back... there was one play (probably more) against the niners where he hesitated... almost as if dumbfounded, to hit the hole and hit it hard. I almost threw my beer at the TV.

3rd down back for blocks and screens. End of story.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Along the lines of making Starks the feature back for the rest of the season... if he's gonna work out kinks and make mistakes... the best game for it is Detroit. He can make mistakes, and we'll still have a chance to win that game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel you on this. As of today, MM said BJAX is still featured back. I hope his mind changes throughout the week. MM also said there's still a role for Dmitri Nance. Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? There is nothing special I've seen out of Nance.

As previously stated somewhere on this forum...

Starks = feature back
Jax = 3rd down back
Kuhn + Quinn Johnson = pound it in Back
MM saying Bjax is a feature back means nothing.

Bottom line, 90% of what MM says in pressers are lies. No use giving ammo to the enemy, I say.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
MM saying Bjax is a feature back means nothing.

Bottom line, 90% of what MM says in pressers are lies. No use giving ammo to the enemy, I say.
You can tell they're pleased with Starks. He definitely got the lion's share of carries yesterday.

Members online

Latest posts