Football Gameplan's 2016 NFL Mock Draft - January

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only watched the tail end of the video since I was only really interested in the Packers' picks. Was very surprised you had Ogbah and Nkemdiche going that late and Lee and Floyd both on the board still with Packers pick. I will be super excited while watching if the board is that open yet when we pick this year.

Packers pick specifically, I feel like Floyd's got the higher ceiling and would rather see him over Lee in Green Bay, but I'd be pumped with either. I do agree this year's #1 is most likely a linebacker.

Ya know, I'd be totally on board with taking Jaylon Smith, jacked up knee or not, if he's there in the 1st. He's slid down a lot of boards after tearing up his knee, but it would be insane to get arguably a top-5 talent at 20-something. Teams like us that rarely get great draft position maybe gotta gamble on something like that.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure OLB is our #1 pick. I think way too many weapons out there at more pressing needs. Draft will be fun this year, I think runs at positions that aren't that high on our needs list will leave a couple real impact guys for us to choose from. Our #1, whether on offense or defense I see as making an immediate impact and upgrading that side of the ball. Scary good thought... Look forward to more analysis

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see LEE available for us. He's so young, so fast and multi-talented. Our defense lacks speed and agility. He has the potential to be a franchise player. I was watching him at some point this year and could not believe he was only a freshman. I looked at my boyfriend and was like, that's what the Packer's defense is missing. I had NO IDEA he was entering the draft this early. With a kid so young, you can build him into the player you want him to be. Instincts and pure athleticism are the two most difficult things to teach. This kid has both. I would normally never push for a guy so guy, because they have a lot of maturing to do. But if your going to mature, Green Bay is the place to do it. Any other organization would mess this kid up. I do not believe he will be available this late in the draft, but if he is he will be the best guy on the board. Peppers is not going to last forever. Who better to learn the position from that Peppers and Matthews?

Members online

Latest posts