1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Food for Thought...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by armand34, Jul 1, 2010.

1. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    If the Jets could magically have Aaron Rodgers right now instead of Sanchez, would you say that the JETS are pretty much guaranteed an AFC CHAMPIONSHIP appearance.:star-wars:

If the PACKERS were to magically get Revis to replace say BUSH, would you feel the PACKERS could go to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

2. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    We don't need Revis.

3. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Well let me rephrase. Rodgers would do A TON more for them than Revis would do for us.

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I think both teams have a good shot at getting there without player swaps.

As it stands right now, Jets/Packers is a halfway decent guess at who'll be in the Super Bowl.

5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Right, and it is for sure 100% already on the schedule for HALLOWEEN.
    What a game.
    We need to victimize the overrated Sanchez.

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Need?
    Maybe not need. But if we had him last year instead of Justin Harrell (same draft), I think it's safe to say Warner wouldn't have hung us with 22/23.

7. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I don't know if the secondary was the only culprit against the likes of Warner, Big Ben and #4 last season. Having Bush playing nickel and dime was scary but I think a lack of a defensive push up the middle was our problem. Those O linemen would push our OLBers to the side so Warner, BB and #4 could step up in the pocket unhurried and pick us apart. I'm hoping having Raji at nose and Neal and Wilson in the D line rotation will help us improve our pass rush this year.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    There's no position that can be compared to a QB, and is the main reason I don't think the Jets will go as far as everybody thinks.

But I think, yes, if we had all our players PLUS Revis, chances are we would've won it all.

9. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35

All of the games they lost last year can be attributed to lack of pressure on the QB's. Not many secondarys that i can think of can dominate a passing attack when the QB has 10 seconds to make a decision. IF the DLine pulls through and the development of CM3 and Jones continues it could be havoc for the other QB. I think it is simple football facts - you get torched if you don't get pressure.

The Jets had a lethal DL last year which really helped Revis out. He is probably #1 in the league but he wouldn't be if the QB had all the time in the world.

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I agree with some of that, specially in the concept, but against AZ Warner was getting rid of the ball in 3 step drops. It was mainly the secondary not covering and not tackling...

11. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Excellent post. It all starts in the line on both sides of the ball.

12. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    which is why in my madden10 franchise for playstation I traded for Revis...lol