Food for Thought...

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Jets could magically have Aaron Rodgers right now instead of Sanchez, would you say that the JETS are pretty much guaranteed an AFC CHAMPIONSHIP appearance.:star-wars:

If the PACKERS were to magically get Revis to replace say BUSH, would you feel the PACKERS could go to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think both teams have a good shot at getting there without player swaps.

As it stands right now, Jets/Packers is a halfway decent guess at who'll be in the Super Bowl.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As it stands right now, Jets/Packers is a halfway decent guess at who'll be in the Super Bowl.
Right, and it is for sure 100% already on the schedule for HALLOWEEN.
What a game.
We need to victimize the overrated Sanchez.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need?
Maybe not need. But if we had him last year instead of Justin Harrell (same draft), I think it's safe to say Warner wouldn't have hung us with 22/23.

I don't know if the secondary was the only culprit against the likes of Warner, Big Ben and #4 last season. Having Bush playing nickel and dime was scary but I think a lack of a defensive push up the middle was our problem. Those O linemen would push our OLBers to the side so Warner, BB and #4 could step up in the pocket unhurried and pick us apart. I'm hoping having Raji at nose and Neal and Wilson in the D line rotation will help us improve our pass rush this year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no position that can be compared to a QB, and is the main reason I don't think the Jets will go as far as everybody thinks.

But I think, yes, if we had all our players PLUS Revis, chances are we would've won it all.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if the secondary was the only culprit against the likes of Warner, Big Ben and #4 last season. Having Bush playing nickel and dime was scary but I think a lack of a defensive push up the middle was our problem. Those O linemen would push our OLBers to the side so Warner, BB and #4 could step up in the pocket unhurried and pick us apart. I'm hoping having Raji at nose and Neal and Wilson in the D line rotation will help us improve our pass rush this year.

All of the games they lost last year can be attributed to lack of pressure on the QB's. Not many secondarys that i can think of can dominate a passing attack when the QB has 10 seconds to make a decision. IF the DLine pulls through and the development of CM3 and Jones continues it could be havoc for the other QB. I think it is simple football facts - you get torched if you don't get pressure.

The Jets had a lethal DL last year which really helped Revis out. He is probably #1 in the league but he wouldn't be if the QB had all the time in the world.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of the games they lost last year can be attributed to lack of pressure on the QB's. Not many secondarys that i can think of can dominate a passing attack when the QB has 10 seconds to make a decision. IF the DLine pulls through and the development of CM3 and Jones continues it could be havoc for the other QB. I think it is simple football facts - you get torched if you don't get pressure.

The Jets had a lethal DL last year which really helped Revis out. He is probably #1 in the league but he wouldn't be if the QB had all the time in the world.
I agree with some of that, specially in the concept, but against AZ Warner was getting rid of the ball in 3 step drops. It was mainly the secondary not covering and not tackling...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Excellent post. It all starts in the line on both sides of the ball.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with some of that, specially in the concept, but against AZ Warner was getting rid of the ball in 3 step drops. It was mainly the secondary not covering and not tackling...

which is why in my madden10 franchise for playstation I traded for Revis...lol

Latest posts