First day thoughts

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best pick: OJ Howard, Tampa, top 5 value at #19

Worst move: Bears-Turbisky trade up. They gave up 3 picks to move up 1 spot for a guy that would have been there at 3. Plus, they just spent big money on a FA qb a few weeks ago. Turdbisket only played one season and melted in his bowl game. How many times does a college QB touted as a potential #1 overall pick go into another college season and stink it up? Kizer anyone? Bears got worse so far in this draft.

Biggest Surprise: 3 WRs in the top 10? Who saw that coming?

Worst pick: Lions. This is what drafting for need looks like. Jarrad Davies.
EDIT: I have thought about this a little more - I don't think it is not bad at all. Going to change worse pick to Corey Davis. I think he will be a very good WR, but with S Adams available, they could have gotten a potential stud.

Most improved team: Cleveland. I like all 3 of their picks and the first 2 should provide an immediate boost. They won't be drafting first next year. Unless of course, the extra 1st rounder they got is.

Player I am glad we did not end up drafting: Takkarist McKinnley - something is wrong there. Very strange reaction and response to getting drafted.

Surprised he is still available: Tie: Zach Cunningham. Not a fit for the Packers - but I really thought he was in the 15ish range. Kevin King - unbelievable measureables, should have enamored some GM out there.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Worst move: Bears-Turbisky trade up. They gave up 3 picks to move up 1 spot for a guy that would have been there at 3. Plus, they just spent big money on a FA qb a few weeks ago. Turdbisket only played one season and melted in his bowl game. How many times does a college QB touted as a potential #1 overall pick go into another college season and stink it up? Kizer anyone? Bears got worse so far in this draft.
I agree with this and was quite surprised when the pick went public. I think SF was able to convince the Bears to outbid someone like the Jets or Chargers for that spot. As long as SF was not picking, sounds like Turbisky was going #2. Glad it was the Bears that got snookered.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree about McKinnley. Our defense is desperately in need of guys that are intense and get jacked in big moments. Yeah, I laughed at him for sure, but he's a kid. Take his intensity and coach him to channel it into production and you are on to something.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree about McKinnley. Our defense is desperately in need of guys that are intense and get jacked in big moments. Yeah, I laughed at him for sure, but he's a kid. Take his intensity and coach him to channel it into production and you are on to something.
Maybe. Seemed over the top to me. I do have to praise Deion Sanders. He handled the interview extremely well. Never was a fan of his commentary, but he did well.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My thoughts:

-I think the Bears got played by Lynch. Pace and Fox are as good as gone. Some GM and coach with no ties to Trubisky is going to take over and the whole thing is going to be a delightful mess.

-I was shocked by the John Ross pick simply because all of the buzz on him was that his medicals would drop him out of round 1. As a talent, it made sense.

-The Cardinals taking Red**** over Jonathan Allen surprised me as their DL is in shambles.

-The Skins lucked out big time. The only legit DL in the 1st round falls to them at #17 and they had a huge need there.

-I could not believe how far O.J. Howard fell. I view him as a top 5 prospect in this class. What a slam dunk pick for the Bucs.

-The Giants taking Engram over Njoku seems like a mistake. I like him less overall, plus he's really a slot receiver. So it's going to be difficult getting OBJ, Shepard, Marshall, and Engram on the field at the same time. Njoku can play in-line.

-I've never liked Peppers, but getting drafted by the Browns basically seals the deal. He's going to bust.

-My theory is that the Packers made the decision to move out of #29 when Tre White went off the board to the Bills. Just an unsubstantiated musing. I think he was the last guy on their board that was a tier above the rest.

Picks I really love:

-Solomon Thomas at #3
-Corey Davis at #5
-Derek Barnett at #14
-Jonathan Allen at #17
-O.J. Howard at #19
-David Njoku at #29

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

His antics aside (I don't really care), I'm not a fan of him on the field. I don't like stiff pass rushers unless they have ++ power like Clowney.

H

HardRightEdge

Best pick: OJ Howard, Tampa, top 5 value at #19

Biggest Surprise: 3 WRs in the top 10? Who saw that coming?

Worst pick: Lions. This is what drafting for need looks like. Jarrad Davies.
EDIT: I have thought about this a little more - I don't think it is not bad at all. Going to change worse pick to Corey Davis. I think he will be a very good WR, but with S Adams available, they could have gotten a potential stud.

Most improved team: Cleveland. I like all 3 of their picks and the first 2 should provide an immediate boost. They won't be drafting first next year. Unless of course, the extra 1st rounder they got is.

Player I am glad we did not end up drafting: Takkarist McKinnley - something is wrong there. Very strange reaction and response to getting drafted.

Surprised he is still available: Tie: Zach Cunningham. Not a fit for the Packers - but I really thought he was in the 15ish range. Kevin King - unbelievable measureables, should have enamored some GM out there.
I agree on all points except I have no opinion on Davies or the alternatives simply because I didn't look at them. Same with Cunningham. I'm on the record regarding King.

The flip side of the Bears taking roboQB is Thomas falling to SF. I happened to watching this guy work out on one of Mariucci's shows. Man, oh, man can this guy rip and dip in a way a guy this size should not be able to do.

I would not write off Njoku having an impact this season. That's assuming they give up on
QBs altogether and convert to the wishbone. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts