Fire somebody....who’s the first to go?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McDouble, it'll be a trickle down effect to the next guy needed to be fired. Zook hopefully 30 seconds after that. Don't care what happens to Philbin, prefer him to leave too. Pettine must stay.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a huge MM fan. And it's inevitable that he's gone at season's end. But I think firing him with 6 games remaining is pretty disrespectful. Especially considering the success he's had here.

We aren't the Browns. Wait until Black Monday.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
So Mike when they replace you are you going to do a name change to the next HC?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your going to fire MM you have to get rid of his staff also (All of them)!

I doubt Pettine gets fired since he was a Gute guy. Even though Philbin was brought in, I figure he'll be gone since he seems to be joined at the hip with McDouble du to their west coast offense connection (I may or may not be making that up)

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we start with Murphy and work our way down? I hate to think Rodgers will only have one ring after playing his whole career in Green Bay. His production is in a downward spiral as well. I think whatever is happening behind closed doors is partially to blame. McCarthy should've been fired after the playoff loss in Seattle years ago. This has gone on way too long.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a huge MM fan. And it's inevitable that he's gone at season's end. But I think firing him with 6 games remaining is pretty disrespectful. Especially considering the success he's had here.

We aren't the Browns. Wait until Black Monday.

Nah, we've given MM 3.5 years more than he's deserved. This team has enough talent to run the table, just doesn't have the right coaching staff. Fire MM now, and a new head coach might actually win the last 6 games of the season and we make the playoffs. Why waste the rest of this season?

SambeauLeap

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here’s a 10 pt plan...
1.) cut clay & his $10.9 mil
2.) cobb’s contract ends and opens up $12.25 mil
3.) lose out & draft Jonah Williams EARLY
4.) use our late 1st rounder from the saints & draft the best safety available (looks like the 1st safety in the draft will go late 1st rd)
5.) trade our early 2nd rounder & 4th rounder (which we got from the Redskins for Clinton-Dix) for another 1st rounder & take best player available/positional need
6.) bring back TJ Lang on a 2 year league minimum contract (just got placed on IR for season by Lions)
7.) bring in Larry Fitz (or similar WR) for league min playoff run
8.) sign new kicker (anybody but crosby at this point)
9.) use our projected $35 mil remaining with salary cap to sign Edge Rushers & possibly depth at safety/LB
10.) last but not least... fire mccarthy & bring in an offensive minded coach (while still keeping pettine as the d-coordinator) josh mcdaniels, urban meyer, lincoln riley, idc who, anybody but mccarthy

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s going to be very difficult to get a new head coach (one that we would actually want that is) that would be willing to come in here without the authority to hire his own Defensive Coordinator.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of those things are workable while some just aren't. MM will be gone the day after the season ends...CM3 and Cobb are both on the last year of their contracts. If anyone was going to get cut it would Bulaga and/or Perry. TJ Lang isn't coming back and Fitzgerald isn't coming here. We also won't be able to get back into the 1st round with our 2nd and the Redskins 4th.

Currently, we have around 47M in cap space before next years salary cap is raised. So possibly nearing 57-60M in space. We could get some replacements like say a Earl Thomas, Dante Fowler, Anthony Barr, or lower priced options that could be out there. I don't think Clowney or Lawrence will make it out of Texas, but I'd be all over both of them if they happened to. Replacing Crosby could save us around 4+M/yr, but outside of the Lions game.... he has been pretty clutch, but 5+M/yr for a kicker is pretty steep.

The draft and free agency is so far away, but yes OL, edge, safeties, LBs, TE(or 2) are definitely needed.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s going to be very difficult to get a new head coach (one that we would actually want that is) that would be willing to come in here without the authority to hire his own Defensive Coordinator.

An offensive-minded coach might be okay with it. Although Pettine has improved the D, there are still issues. If we bring in a guy like Harbaugh who's always had a top 3 defense, then that might be better than keeping Pettine.

Members online

Latest posts