Fire Bret Bielema!!

L

Lunchboxer

If you cant get yourself motivated for the Rose Bowl you shouldnt be playing. BB has a pretty good track record for his short time. Beat a #1 team. Great home record. Been in a bowl game every single year he has coached.

Yea going to the Raman Noodle Bowl every year is fun amirite.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what, now that you mention it I'm kind of ticked off Kirk Ferentz won the Orange bowl a couple years ago but hasn't done squat since. How dare he let those good players graduate and move on. Fire Kirk Ferentz, the worst coach in Iowa history, bring back Hayden Fry.

...its called an upset, coaches make mistakes, players make mistakes, and teams make mistakes. Just be thankful Wisconsin is still one of the better teams in the country and has a legitimate shot at a hell of a bowl game, it could be a lot worse.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Giants got hot near the end. Also would of won that game if a certain #4 did throw that INT

To bad college doesnt have a playoff system, who is to say Badgers couldnt get hot like the Giants?

If NFL worked liked NCAA football Giants would have played in the Noodle bowl

L

Lunchboxer

Music City bowl and lost? then next year played in Outback and lost again..So Barry didnt play in the best bowl games either and lost

Yes but he did not choke in a real bowl. Won Back to Back Rose Bowls.

Know what he dident do Choke in the Rose Bowl......

The man won 3 Rose Bowl 2 of them Back to Back.

Also in the Music City and Outback They Tried their best and lost straght up.

That Rose bowl they did not want to win or try to win.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You not going to be happy till he is gone..But sad to say he wont be gone anytime soon, unless something very odd happens..

So vent all you want, I wont continue to try and talk you off the ledge anymore

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=274

I Know, Let's Bring Back Don Morton!!!!

Really?

A little over two weeks ago, the Badgers were on fire, one of the hottest teams in college football. Their non-conference schedule was traditionally predictable, but they were 2-0 in the Big Ten, including a prime time obliteration of Nebraska at Camp Randall.

Now, two weeks later, the Badgers are 2-2 in the Big Ten, having lost two straight road games to winning teams in the final 20 seconds.

Suddenly, the program is a fraud and the head coach is an idiot. Bret Bielema can't win a big game on the road. He needs to go!!!!!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
might be the most ridiculous thread we have ever had since I have been here.

This was obviously posted by someone who was not alive pre-Alvarez because most coaches before him were worse. I remember the old days when I didn't even expect Wisconsin to win.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing Lunchboxer called for MM and TT's firing during 2008 and 2009, too? Or, guessing his join date, after the Detroit game?

L

Lunchboxer

I'm guessing Lunchboxer called for MM and TT's firing during 2008 and 2009, too? Or, guessing his join date, after the Detroit game?

Not really. Problem in 08 was the crap Defense. And Rodgers first year starting as QB. Rodgers put of good numbers but the D could not do crap that year.

In 09 the guys were not ready for that level of play yet. Still molding and learning.

L

Lunchboxer

might be the most ridiculous thread we have ever had since I have been here.

Okay. Maybe I went lil over board. But getting the talent of Russel Wilson is amazing. But it seems BB has problems winning big games.

I will never give TCU a victory in that rose bowl. Theres a diffrence between showing up playing your heart out and losing and just now showing up.

The badgers did not show up or care.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. Maybe I went lil over board. But getting the talent of Russel Wilson is amazing. But it seems BB has problems winning big games.

I will never give TCU a victory in that rose bowl. Theres a diffrence between showing up playing your heart out and losing and just now showing up.

The badgers did not show up or care.

Did not care?? LOL

I can guarantee that Wyatt and some other really cared..

You were just pissed they lost like rest of us..But to be honest, your talking out your butt with some of this crap

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Kansas fan I'll gladly trade you Turner Gill for Bret Bielema.

L

Lunchboxer

Did not care?? LOL

I can guarantee that Wyatt and some other really cared..

You were just pissed they lost like rest of us..But to be honest, your talking out your butt with some of this crap

How is this crap. I will never give the victory to TCU never ever. Because Wisconsin did not want to show up at that game. If they played True Badger football they would of won that game in a blow out fashion.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So because TCU played in the Mountain West they weren't a good team last year?

L

Lunchboxer

So because TCU played in the Mountain West they weren't a good team last year?

Wisconsin could of easily ran up the score on TCU. But wisconsin desided to play like absolute crap and lose the game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wisconsin could of easily ran up the score on TCU. But wisconsin desided to play like absolute crap and lose the game.

I dont even know where to start with this....

Bottom line is TCU had its best season in school history. They had a great QB, in fact said QB was NFL offensive rookie of the month last month. Took the bengals to 4-0. The defense was dominating. The coach was a coach of the year. They had the 2nd most seniors in the conference. You dont fire coaches for not winning rose bowls, you fire coaches who cant get you to a bowl. This program is the best its ever been on a consistent level. We are no longer a surprise in college football but a consistent top 15 team in the country. BB has recruited and developed some of the best players in the country. I dont remember the last time we got a highly toted recruit from California at QB. Or the top transfer in the country. This program is not declining but in its glory years.

Teams decide to play like crap? Thats news to me.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How was Wisconsin so much better than TCU? Like Ivo said TCU had one of the best defenses last year paired with a NFL caliber quarterback. That sure sounds like a nightmare combo for opposing teams to me.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea going to the Raman Noodle Bowl every year is fun amirite.
I won't be surprised if such a thing exists, but please, please don't tell me that there actually is a Ramen Noodle Bowl.

Thing is, the Rose and other big bowl games are earned. Teams who go there have a great winning record.
For smaller, irrelevant bowl games, such as Ramen Noodle, teams can have just an OK record and are invited to play there. Correct?
Now I dunno if it's rumor or fact but someone once mentioned that the reason why Badgers end up playing in things like The Pottery Barn Bowl or The Kellogg's Cereal Bowl is because those who do the inviting recognize the large fan base that will go no matter where it is so the fans will bring in tons of money.

I got a question for ya Boxer.
Do you still think Brett Bielma should still be fired even if the Badgers win the inaugural Big 10 Championship and a well known, bigger bowl game?

L

Lunchboxer

I won't be surprised if such a thing exists, but please, please don't tell me that there actually is a Ramen Noodle Bowl.

Thing is, the Rose and other big bowl games are earned. Teams who go there have a great winning record.
For smaller, irrelevant bowl games, such as Ramen Noodle, teams can have just an OK record and are invited to play there. Correct?
Now I dunno if it's rumor or fact but someone once mentioned that the reason why Badgers end up playing in things like The Pottery Barn Bowl or The Kellogg's Cereal Bowl is because those who do the inviting recognize the large fan base that will go no matter where it is so the fans will bring in tons of money.

I got a question for ya Boxer.
Do you still think Brett Bielma should still be fired even if the Badgers win the inaugural Big 10 Championship and a well known, bigger bowl game?

Thats if they beat Penn State next saturday and Beat MSU.

They have the ability to.

If BB wins the Big 10 Championchip will Remove that line in my sig and say I was a ******* or something. I will eat my crow if that comes.

Actually I dobut there is a Ramen Noodle bowl I said that for the sake of so many bowls and playing in a Bowl that no one cares about is not that fun. It does not take much to get to a bowl. The important bowls are BSC bowls like Natonal Championchip, Orange,Suger,Rose ect. Those Bowls are fun to watch.

Which would you rather watch The Rose Bowl or The Ramen Noodle Bowl. With the Rose Bowl Featuring Badgers and Stanford or the Ramen Noodle bowl featuring. Central Utah state ( I doubt thats a team but for sake of the point) and South East New Mexico State.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I dobut there is a Ramen Noodle bowl I said that for the sake of so many bowls and playing in a Bowl that no one cares about is not that fun. It does not take much to get to a bowl. The important bowls are BSC bowls like Natonal Championchip, Orange,Suger,Rose ect. Those Bowls are fun to watch.

Which would you rather watch The Rose Bowl or The Ramen Noodle Bowl. With the Rose Bowl Featuring Badgers and Stanford or the Ramen Noodle bowl featuring. Central Utah state ( I doubt thats a team but for sake of the point) and South East New Mexico State.
Yeah, that's what I kinda figured with your bowl example.
As you can tell I did the same thing.
The names and sponsors get ridiculous.
Frankly, I won't be surprised if there is ever a Marijuana Bowl held in California and why haven't they come up with The Tidy Bowl or The Toilet Bowl sponsored by Roto Rooter?
That's the other thing I don't like. The advertisers adding their name to the beginning.
I remember when it was just The Orange Bowl instead of The Minute Maid Orange Bowl or whatever.

Yep, it is more fun to watch a team you like in a natl. televised big name bowl game.
I believe the Badgers have been to WTF ones like The Copper and The Hall of Fame Bowls.

Members online

Latest posts