Finley ranked as 5th best TE

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clark and Witten are products of their systems and are ranked too high.

If I start a franchise, I take Davis #1 followed by Finley. They are both young, with high ceilings, and have their best football in front of them. Davis gets the nod because of his speed - he is the better deep threat.

But, the point on Finley is we have a great weapon on our team who is trusted by Rodgers. Whether he is #1, #2, or #5 is immaterial. All 5 on the list deserve to be in the discussion.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clark and Witten are products of their systems and are ranked too high.

If I start a franchise, I take Davis #1 followed by Finley. They are both young, with high ceilings, and have their best football in front of them. Davis gets the nod because of his speed - he is the better deep threat.

But, the point on Finley is we have a great weapon on our team who is trusted by Rodgers. Whether he is #1, #2, or #5 is immaterial. All 5 on the list deserve to be in the discussion.

Product of their systems? Dallas Clark runs crisp, sharp routes and can make the catch in tight spaces. I think if you put him on another team, he'd be just as productive. Witten is an all around TE and I have him rated as my No. 1 over Tony Gonzalez. The guy not only catches passes but lay a mean block in a run or pass playcall. Blocking is an area that Finley still struggles in. Of course in Fantasy Football, there are no stats for blocking and guys like Gonzalez and Gates get the clear heads up.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tight end position is a unique position, depends on the offense and how the individual is used. Finely can line up in a receiver's position, where some of those guys listed can not and be as effective as Finely.

I am not sure about Finley's blocking abilities, Clark on the other had can make a block, and dam good one.

Of that group I think Finely fits the Packer's system better than the others, just like I think Finely would struggle in Dallas in their system.

IMO Clark is the best at this point as a blocker and receiver, though Finely has more of the big play abilities, yet Clark's block may create a big play for someone else.

I am glad we have Finely, Dallas has seen what Clark can do, the Packers haven't seen the full potential of Finely

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tight end position is a unique position, depends on the offense and how the individual is used. Finely can line up in a receiver's position, where some of those guys listed can not and be as effective as Finely.

I am not sure about Finley's blocking abilities, Clark on the other had can make a block, and dam good one.

Of that group I think Finely fits the Packer's system better than the others, just like I think Finely would struggle in Dallas in their system.

IMO Clark is the best at this point as a blocker and receiver, though Finely has more of the big play abilities, yet Clark's block may create a big play for someone else.

I am glad we have Finely, Dallas has seen what Clark can do, the Packers haven't seen the full potential of Finely

Finley relies mostly on his athleticism. CBs can't press him because of the brute strength that comes with his size. Safeties can't cover him because he can outleap them for the ball. And LBs can't cover him because he's simply too fast for them to play catch up. The other guys like Clark and Witten rely on certain technique that helps them get open and catch passes. Finley is on his way to doing the things they do as well.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tight ends ALWAYS look good when you have a good QB. Finley will earn that ranking or better this year, FOR SURE!@