FF to the playoffs please

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the 2010 magical playoff ride, which followed the 2009 momentum into the playoffs (where we went 1 & done), and then the 2011 fantastic regular season in which we almost went undefeated (but then went 1 & done) and then last year's fine regular season in which we were able to defeat Joe Webb to get our only playoff win other than the magical 2010 season, then to be blasted by the 49ers power and speed, it's taken less of the importance of the regular season to me.

I just want to FFwd and get to the playoffs as healthy as possible.

Sure there will be many great moments from week 1-17, but also injuries. Those injuries have more significance into the playoffs than each highlight does.

I just want to get to the playoffs healthy for once, and beat the brains in of the Niners, Falcons, Giants, or whoever else gets in the way. PLAYOFF FOOTBALL is so much bigger than regular season football.

Think about the Ole Gunslinger. He had so many Alcoa Fantastic Finishes in his career: during the regular seasons. How many in the post-season? One IIRC, the one in Detroit.

Let's get to the playoffs healthy, and bash some heads in, starting with Kaepernick or Eli.
Rodgers and this team can only build a legacy with Super Bowls.
We should have more than one by now under this truly great QB. Let's go.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Unfortunately that's just not how things work. You have to grind out the regular season, because if you try to cruise through chances are you'll never make it to the good stuff.

Marino never had any rings btw.

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's just get into the playoffs first! I'm just excited for week 1 to be honest, it'll be good to see how we match up to the 49ers nice and early.

God I hate Sundays between February and August, it's too long to wait!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to FFwd and get to the playoffs as healthy as possible.
...and I want a 20-year old Christie Brinkley in a red Ferrari.

You're setting yourself up for failure my friend. We all want to win in the playoffs but if you're always in FFwd mode, you'll miss the best part. I'm not telling you or the Packers to settle for mediocrity, but what IS fantastic about Packer football these days is the regular season. We've been pretty good in terms of record. So instead of only looking forward to the part that we stink at (playoffs), you might try just enjoying Games 1-17 and thinking of any playoff wins as a nice little bonus.

Set low expectations and hope for the best. You'll live a lot longer

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and I want a 20-year old Christie Brinkley in a red Ferrari.

You're setting yourself up for failure my friend. We all want to win in the playoffs but if you're always in FFwd mode, you'll miss the best part. I'm not telling you or the Packers to settle for mediocrity, but what IS fantastic about Packer football these days is the regular season. We've been pretty good in terms of record. So instead of only looking forward to the part that we stink at (playoffs), you might try just enjoying Games 1-17 and thinking of any playoff wins as a nice little bonus.

Set low expectations and hope for the best. You'll live a lot longer
THANKS!
I did learn to do that after the Gunslinger kept choking us out of the playoffs... but then I witnessed the 2010 Super Bowl here, and heard all the talk of "Dynasty" from local and national, then watched as we rolled to a 13-0 record in 2011 and heard discussions for weeks on end about "Are they they best team ever".... blah blah blah.

But the loss of Nick Collins, and then all the other injuries, and we've seen a 2 year stumble.

I think if we get good luck with injuries, that we can definitely win another Super Bowl. Once you taste that Super Bowl, it's hard to be satisfied by regular season wins.
You climb Mount Everest, then climbing little hills afterwards just doesn't do it anymore.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Life is what happens while you are making other plans.

Don't miss it.

At least, that's what I tell my kids.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm too old to wish (FF) any days away. And I wouldn't miss the journey that is the regular season. But I do enjoy the pictures so this thread isn't a total loss!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
THANKS!
I did learn to do that after the Gunslinger kept choking us out of the playoffs... but then I witnessed the 2010 Super Bowl here, and heard all the talk of "Dynasty" from local and national, then watched as we rolled to a 13-0 record in 2011 and heard discussions for weeks on end about "Are they they best team ever".... blah blah blah.

But the loss of Nick Collins, and then all the other injuries, and we've seen a 2 year stumble.

I think if we get good luck with injuries, that we can definitely win another Super Bowl. Once you taste that Super Bowl, it's hard to be satisfied by regular season wins.
You climb Mount Everest, then climbing little hills afterwards just doesn't do it anymore.
My daddy always told me when you put the cart before the horse it makes you the horse's rear. It's the media's job to hype, and bandwagoners are a plenty (just look at the Heat. I remember when most of their fans cheered for the Lakers calliing Kobe "T he Next Jordan." Same with Vince Carte). The time for all that talk is when we're in the Superbowl after we've won a second Lombardi. If it wasn't so hard to climb Everest, it wouldn't be worth standing at the top. ;) You can only climb one step at a time, and if you try to climb too quickly, you'll never make it to the top.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My daddy always told me when you put the cart before the horse it makes you the horse's rear. It's the media's job to hype, and bandwagoners are a plenty (just look at the Heat. I remember when most of their fans cheered for the Lakers calliing Kobe "T he Next Jordan." Same with Vince Carte). The time for all that talk is when we're in the Superbowl after we've won a second Lombardi. If it wasn't so hard to climb Everest, it wouldn't be worth standing at the top. ;) You can only climb one step at a time, and if you try to climb too quickly, you'll never make it to the top.
Nice Cliche city... I like it.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's just get into the playoffs first! I'm just excited for week 1 to be honest, it'll be good to see how we match up to the 49ers nice and early.

God I hate Sundays between February and August, it's too long to wait!
Totally bored. Totally. Same stuff on over & over & over on the NFL Network. U get the point. If my math is correct & my math is correct 100% of the time except when it's wrong but I believe there's about 71 days until the season is officially open

Members online

Latest posts