Festivus - Jacksonville Style

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Urban Meyer has lost it if even half of this is true. Looks like he has skipped directly to the airing of grievances.

"During a staff meeting, Meyer delivered a biting message that he's a winner and his assistant coaches are losers, according to several people informed of the contents of the meeting, challenging each coach individually to explain when they've ever won and forcing them to defend their résumés."

https://www.nfl.com/news/tension-boiling-over-between-coach-urban-meyer-jaguars-players-staff

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s a coach that absolutely should be fired in season. Like, sign on the door and pick up your crap at the front gate type firing.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Urban was a successful college coach because he was in full control of the program. He was also really good at recruiting top talent and smoozing with parents. However, there was also a ton of collateral damage during his tenures at both Florida and OSU. In 2010, when he left Florida for what he said were health reasons, he walked away from a program cratered with entitlement run amok, roster manipulation, a drug problem in the locker room and more than 30 player arrests in six seasons.

Dealing with millionaire elite athletes in the NFL is a whole different animal and unlike many other successful college coaches that failed in the NFL, Urban appears to be struggling at it as well. The great Football tradition at OSU paved the way for Urban to consistently have the leg up on top recruits, once he landed them, he did a pretty good job of coaching them on the field. He stepped into a Jacksonville disaster with the team he inherited, even with Trevor Lawrence at QB, he is going to have a hard time turning that "program" around.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.....or Ryan Day was the guy that really made Meyer "look" like a good coach at Ohio State, and Meyer was more of the recruiter/mouthpiece.

I'm waiting for the feats of strength portion of Festivus.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Meyers college record would be hard to credit to others, without acknowledging that Urban had a ton to do with it. He was 187-32 as a college head coach. His teams won three national championships, seven conference championships and 10 division championships.

I could be wrong on Meyer's ability to coach at the college level, but I watched him several times during games between the Badgers and OSU and that guy is always moving around, talking, yelling and just plain staying busy throughout an entire game. I can't say that for a lot of coaches.

I just don't think he is the kind of coach that thrives in the NFL. If anything, he probably annoys his players and fellow coaches.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Urban Meyer has lost it if even half of this is true. Looks like he has skipped directly to the airing of grievances.
If half of what has been said is true; he must have lost it a long time ago.

OP
OP
ARPackFan

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
What is festivus please ?

Pop-culture holiday:
Festivus was an alternative to Christmas on a Seinfeld episode invented by Frank Costanza (Jerry Stiller).

In the episode, Festivus is celebrated on December 23rd and uses a plain metal pole (aluminum is preferred) as Frank found tinsel distracting. As part of Festivus their was the Airing of Grievances where you tell others how they have disappointed you in the past year. Festivus was not over until the head of the household was pinned in a wresting match (Feats of Strength)

The idea of Festivus originally came to Seinfeld writer Dan O'Keefe from a tradition started by his father Daniel O'Keefe.

https://festivusweb.com/

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Pop-culture holiday:
Festivus was an alternative to Christmas on a Seinfeld episode invented by Frank Costanza (Jerry Stiller).

In the episode, Festivus is celebrated on December 23rd and uses a plain metal pole (aluminum is preferred) as Frank found tinsel distracting. As part of Festivus their was the Airing of Grievances where you tell others how they have disappointed you in the past year. Festivus was not over until the head of the household was pinned in a wresting match (Feats of Strength)

The idea of Festivus originally came to Seinfeld writer Dan O'Keefe from a tradition started by his father Daniel O'Keefe.

https://festivusweb.com/

Thanks mate

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have to be honest and say I never really watched much of Seinfeld.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When my wife and I met, she was and still is a huge fan of Seinfeld. At that time, a buddy held a Festivus party for a few of us. My wife and I attempted making margaritas but used waaaay too much tequilla. When we got to the 'Airing Of Grievances' I thought it had gotten too tame. I unloaded on a few folks to get Festivus rolling. It didn't end well for me, and is still brought up by this group of friends.

I don't even remember when we got to the Feats of Strength portion of the night...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Mrs El Guapo regrets making the strong drinks. I regretted everything else. It's all a good laugh these days
I once watched a movie called Barfly and then a few nights later went out with a big group of friends. Regrettably, I became very inebriated and decided to imitate Micky Rourke in Barfly. To this day, my friends still tease me about it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Getting into the Festivus mood with some fun things.

As the Packers continue another great season, I always have fun listening to Wayne Larrivee and some of his live calls of big plays. The added video of his excitement making the calls adds some fun to it as well.

A nice link to a bunch of them for people to enjoy.

Have a Happy, Healthy and Safe Festivus Everyone!

I think this one was my favorite so far this year.

This one I would like to dedicate to Captain

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts