Favre's Health

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's kind of funny, usually by this point of the year he's pretty banged up. This was gonna be the year that The Streak ended. But now, with a somewhat porous o-line he's healthier at this point of the year than he's been in the last 2 or 3 years. No broken thumb, no sprained wrist, bruised thigh, whatever. Somewhat ironic, but a credit to his offseason workouts and just another testament to Beightol's ability as a line coach.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
you better knock on wood now....

(don't you know you're supposed to never bring that stuff up..?)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Aaah, you dont believe in that superstitious stuff do ya P@ck66? If the streak is meant to end, it'll end no matter what. I think we'll see #4 start every game this year because he's the toughest QB ever to play in the NFL IMO - bar none.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I think we'll see #4 start every game this year because he's the toughest QB ever to play in the NFL IMO - bar none.

As long as the Packers keep winning. Otherwise if it's apparent in a few weeks that our season is over then there is no point in starting Brett Favre.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry rabid,

I can't agree with you on this one. Favre has done enough for this franchise to go out on his terms and that means playing. You don't sit the guy who brought your team back from the doldrums. People will want to see him play one last time and the Packers owe it to him and owe it to us as fans to put #4 on the field. The only way GB should bench Favre to look ahead with Rodgers is if Favre comes forward and wants it to be that way (and you know he'll do that when Minny wins the big one - NEVER).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said that CORE workout is really helping him, and it shows. His rush numbers are great, and hes more elusive back there than I have seen in a LONG time. Good thing too, cuz the o-line which is still decent, isnt as good as last years, so he will need to have an extra step.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not want him hurt unnecessarily or taking needless shots.

He is paid about 6 times his weight in gold annually because he puts up great numbers RELIABLY.

He plays with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.
He plays through ankle, knee, and shoulder injuries and a degenerative condition in his hip that others "athletes" would not.
He has played without painkillers for 10 years.

He does it for his passion for the game and the likes of you.
If you don't appreciate it now you never will.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
P@ck66 said:

Aaah, you dont believe in that superstitious stuff do ya P@ck66? If the streak is meant to end, it'll end no matter what. I think we'll see #4 start every game this year because he's the toughest QB ever to play in the NFL IMO - bar none.

Dosent 66 ever have optimism for the Packers? Hes such a downer.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is in shape and running as well as he has in years, and it's his teammates like Walker, Franks, Davenport, Flanagan, Murphy, etc,, who are ending up injured.

On the one hand it's great to see Favre as active as ever, but on the other hand it's kind of frustrating seeing a healthier Favre, but not be able to take advantage of it because so many players around him are dropping like flys. Hopefully some other players who are getting a chance because of these injuries can step up to help Brett.

Members online

Latest posts