Favre says he'll play if healthy, denies texting Vikings otherwise

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
A day after reports surfaced that Brett Favre had begun telling the Minnesota Vikings he was planning to retire, Favre now says he will play this season if he thinks his surgically repaired ankle can handle it, and he denies...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A day after reports surfaced that Brett Favre had begun telling the Minnesota Vikings he was planning to retire, Favre now says he will play this season if he thinks his surgically repaired ankle can handle it, and he denies that he told the Vikings he was retiring.

Ed Werder of ESPN caught up with Favre in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, and reported on SportsCenter that Favre said he hasn't made up his mind about playing.

Favre also told Werder he did not send text messages to Vikings players or management officials indicating that he was planning to retire. There may be some ESPN-on-ESPN crime on this story, though, as just minutes after Werder reported that, ESPN's Chris Mortensen said on SportsCenter that Favre "sent out some text messages that led -- or misled -- some people to believe he was retiring, not that we should have believed it anyway."

Whatever Favre said via text message, he told Werder he'll play if he can. It's still an open question whether he can, however, as Werder described Favre as "hobbling somewhat" on his ankle.

Favre said he talked to the Vikings about when he'll make a final decision, but he wouldn't reveal when that would be. In other words, Favre will keep stringing everyone along for at least a couple more weeks.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he comes back then I hope every, and I mean EVERY defender on the D-line will be going for his ankle.
Hurt him and take him out.
Yes.
I hate the old fart that much.
God-damn flip flopper.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's going to have to be stretchered off the field and be forced to retire I'm afraid. He's mental patient. At least T.O. and Ochocinco's reality shows arent on sportscenter...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts