Favre ... Say What?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"He is in the next group of quarterbacks after the elite trio of Peyton Manning, Daunte Culpepper and Donovan McNabb."
Let's count the SB rings there... alright then... ****..

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the guy is comparing skill level, just fantasy value, which actually would be true. Favre is in the top 5 and those other 3 are always the top 3 point values.

IU_packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im so sick and freaking tired of hearing about Manning and Culpepper. I live in S. Indiana and have to put up with all that Colts and Manning crap. Their fans show up just when they are good, unlike TRUE fans like us Packer fans. I wish you all would have heard them all last year during the playoffs, I was sitting at the bar with a few friends watching the playoff game (which was after the Colts game) and they were talking so much crap about Favre. But they couldnt have any other comeback than "40 TDs". Anyone with any knowledge of the game would love to be as lucky as we are and have the one of the greatest QB's ever, and from what Ive seen none of those other guys have rings. GO PACK GO!!

IU_packfan

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wils0646 said:
I don't think the guy is comparing skill level, just fantasy value, which actually would be true. Favre is in the top 5 and those other 3 are always the top 3 point values.

wils is right.

Fantasy Insider
Matt Pitzer

relax!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackfan: Culpepper will do fine without Moss. Let's face it, the guy played great football last year, with or without Moss, and he was nearly flawless in all three games against the Packers. I have to give him his due. He's cleaned up the interception problem and become one of the best QB's in the league.

I really have no problem with some people ranking Favre a bit below Manning, Brady, McNabb, and Culpepper at this point. On a good day, which is most of the time, Favre is as good as anyone. But he does have his off days. Just look at the interception totals. On the other hand, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Favre has one of the best years of his career in 2005 and returns to the Pro Bowl, where he belongs.

ricky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn and GregC.
Welcome

Greg C. and vixtalkn, welcome!
As another devotee of the GB-NC, you are both welcome here (not that anyone needs my permission to post here). Its good to see old "posters" appear here. Now, to get to the heart of your posts.
1. Favre is one of the great QB's of all time. However, sometimes, youth overtakes age (especially in athletics). Horrible as it may seem, Culpepper threw for the most yards for a QB last year.
2. Manning is a consumate regular season QB. He changes plays at the LOS (or at least pretends to change plays) on a regular basis. He also threw more than 1,000 yards to three different receivers last year.
3. Manning and Culpepper are both younger than Favre. Except in dire circumstances (such as Smith and the 49'ers this year), young QB's sit on the sidelines and learn from their elders. That is what makes it so laughable that some people have pencilled in Aaron Rogers as Favre's backup. As ridiculous as putting Coston into the backup position on the OL. :!:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta write something to sell papers. I don't believe Brett has to take a back seat to anybody yet. The only thing most of those QBs have over him is more years left in their careers, maybe. Put Brett on their teams and that QB on ours. . .

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. This was an article about fantasy football value.

For a single game I've got to win Farve is still my man. :D

Vix or some one else, help me out and give me a tutorial on how to post images on this forum. :oops:

[I'll give it a try my way and see if it works below]

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the Vikings do without Moss. Cliff Christl made the following comments recently in a column of his which I thought were kind of interesting.

"One keeps reading how Culpepper and the Vikings didn

OP
OP
V

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce...whatever you did it seemed to work. I posted my pic the same way I did on the Chronicle board and it seemed to work, so go for it. The dark background with white type presents a new challenge, but I think we can deal with it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts