Favre, Rodgers get along just fine

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh, I saw the piece on ESPN. As usual they tried to twist what Favre said in order to have some kind of story. Without the twist, it's just two guys in training camp. I know it is common, but what a bunch of pieces of sh*t too put a negative twist on it like that. And the same for the other writers and broadcasters who jump on it or report it without checking it out. ESPN is really turning into a 2nd rate, ****** station.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Is it me or are people trying to find kinks in Brett's armor?

I say just face it people, he's a nice guy, get over it. He's our QB and will never be yours!! Now deal with it, hahaha.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the hypocrit(e) comment was being directed at the Media, in this case.

slickvision said:
Is it me or are people trying to find kinks in Brett's armor?
Not just Brett, ol buddy.... not just Brett - they are focusing on a consistent and blatant fault finding tour with Green Bay - in general.... It strikes out at you even when you're thinking they'll go about pointing out some other item which is part of the discussion - they stop and single out GBP for not being of the right caliber... so to speak....

Ya see - we're not BIG city.... (but we don't have the crime, either, now do we...?)

Reaction score
You know honestly, I heard Brett's remarks, and when the commentators started talking about it as if it was negative, I was just confused. For god sakes, do ESPN workers have any brains? I agree with what Brett said, In the end, Its all up to Aaron. Aaron must have the will and dedication to get better, the drive to succeed, and the determination to win. No coach can teach that. Not even Brett can teach that. But there is no doubt that if Aaron asked Brett a question, Brett would do his best to answer it for Aaron.

On another note, wasn't it the same ESPN crew that said how Breet and Aaron were sharing jokes and told Aaron calling Brett "Grandpa", and Brett's reply. Doesn't that just prove that there is no hard feeling between the two? There are stupid idiots in the media, who for some odd reason are having a "Pick on Brett" day. :evil:

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we for certain that Aaron Rodgers actually used the term "Grandpa" right at Brett?

Seriously now - that sounds more like the ESPN commentators trying for a chance at Standup comedy....
Remember - it's an agenda... let it roll off yer back like rainwater and move on.
I watch more FoxSports these days since ESPN can no longer show balanced coverage.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
SlickVision said:
ESPN employs Suzy Kolber for god knows what reason.

Cause she's FINE. :D

Okay lets give her that much. That is ALL she has. Her voice is annoying man when I hear her I have to scramble faster than the 'Skins QB to find the remote for the mute button.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron is no Beaver in Brett's pond (If you know what I mean.)

Brett is a GREAT leader and he leads by example. It is that simple. I feel that is all Brett was saying.

Jerry Rice is the same way as Brett, I remember Jerry saying something along the same context. Jerry said something like I do not need to be talking to these kids, you can not talk while running wind sprints after everyone has left the field. The best thing the kids can do is watch and do like I do.

Did ESPN or anyone jump on Jerry's case when he said that?

Jerry just expanded on what Brett said. Brett is a man of few words and mucho action.

That is why I love the guy to death.

P.S.

Slick..... Keep the remote six inches to the right of your beer. It works for me, and I can always find it that way.

RP

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
ORRELSE, like the new avatar, that's slick (no not you "Slick").

Wow...you're an observant ****..... :D
Thanks, BTW....
I like Slick's better but I'm not gonna steal it..... :p

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other week I was reading where Rodgers said Brett jokes around to help keep things loose for him in practice. So I thought the comments by Brett during the game were taken out of context a little bit. Favre isn't going to purposely make things difficult for Rodgers or give him the cold shoulder the way I read Montana would sometimes do to Young, but Brett isn't going to go out of his way to spoon feed the guy either. I could be wrong, but that's how I look at it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Ryan said:
ORRELSE, like the new avatar, that's slick (no not you "Slick").

Wow...you're an observant ****..... :D
Thanks, BTW....
I like Slick's better but I'm not gonna steal it..... :p

I have no problems with that. I didn't create it, simply found an image and edited to my liking.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the good article by Havel. Journalists love to go after Favre because they see it as an opportunity to raise their status. That Stephen Smith guy is the most obvious example.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts