1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favre prepares with prep team

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Kind of a coaching move by Brett?

2. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    holy shite - would that have been AWESOME or WHAT????? thanks for posting the article, zero. i'm jealous as all get out of these kids!!

3. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wasnt it just Favre last year that said that he wasnt there to coach? Talking about takaing Rodgers under his wing? Ya think this guy loves the game of football??!!? :D

4. usmpacker

usmpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I logged on to see if anyone had picked this story up, it was front page of the Hattiesburg American today. Oak Grove has one of the best high school teams in the state, Div. 1-A prospects each year (including the starting QB), and a great coaching staff. Plus its about 5 minutes from Brett's house. I'm sure the kids there were thrilled. They must've kept this quiet, since today is the first this has been reported. A sign of respect from them.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    on officialbrettfavre.com it was reported yesterday along with Brett will be flying with TT to Reggies HOF induction

6. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    oh...screw OBF!!! :roll: :wink:

7. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    :shock:
    Hmmm a heck of a workout with a HS team... anyone else worried about this?

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Not at all. He showed up for minicamp, OTAs and training camp. It's all extra practice for him.

His comments could be geared to give the HS team confidence.

9. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    WOW!

I think that's great Brett worked out and helped out.

I don't have a problem with this.

10. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's still more than what Sherman had him do before training camp. :lol:

11. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i wonder if he broke any recievers fingers, how funny would it be if a WR was lolly gaggin back to the huddle and favre taught him a lesson.

12. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wondered the same thing but I'm thinkin he took a little zip off his passes.

I think This little work out was a positive thing.
    He was thinking and working on football instead of fishing or golfing.

13. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, Ryan...even at your relatively youthful age, I defy you to run around with a bunch of 16 - 18 year oldes and then tell me what a lightweight workout it really is.

Played a pick-up game with a bunch of HS kids with some of my buddies when in our early 30s. Those kids just never run out of energy.

14. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh I could never do it, I would keel over and die! I'm just saying that I found it odd that a perennial pro bowler, future HOF (no not Hoff, don't get excited) QB and obviously professional athlete would be out there with them instead of a personal training whipping his butt into shape. Then again, perhaps he is also out there for the love of the game.

15. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My understanding is that he has already completed his off-season core training and is in even better shape than last year, by his estimation.

16. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Pish posh what does HE know?! ;)

17. spacecoastpkrfan

spacecoastpkrfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My first thought was how MM would feel about all this throwing after monitoring his pitch count so closely during practices. Granted he probably did take some zip off his passes but I'd bet those young receivers were trying their best to get Brett to air it out !! That being said I think it's fantastic that he would spend his time mentoring local kids and says much about the personal character and class of one of the greatest players of all time...are we lucky or what ?? :p

18. usmpacker

usmpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I see no reason for concern. Yes, it was high schoolers, but, again, Oak Grove is one of the premier programs in the state of MS. A top notch coaching staff, the head coach [Nevill Barr] could be a good college coach if he wanted to go that route and had the opportunity. Their top player from last season, a LB, is now at Auburn, their best wideout is now at Southern Miss after getting overtures from Miami and FSU. Not exactly the little sisters of the poor... and knowing Coach Barr, the workouts weren't walks in the park, either. Oak Grove runs a spread offense, shotgun formation on every play, so they have several wideouts capable of catching the ball, though #4's normal velocity would've been a new experience for them...