Favre on NFL Network talking about Reggie

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They interviwed Brett last night. It was pretty run-of-the-mill stuff but Brett was asked about Reggie and his induction to the Hall-Of-Fame.

Brett said Reggie was the only guy who would tell Brett I Love You before hanging up the phone and he didn't feel uncomfortable about it.

He also stated that the team has a game the day Reggie is going to be inducted. He said plans are in the making for GB to Charter him and a few others a flight to Canton so he can be there. Not sure who the "few others" are or if he was even talking about Packer players. I am assuming he may miss the game.

I will be there, I live 10 minutes from the Hall of Fame. It's great going to the Hall of Fame game because they play in a small high school stadium and everyone is so close. It's virtuallyimpossible to go and not bump in to NFL players,coaches,etc. Maybe I can bump into Brett, I am pumped!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's the first pre-season game. Brett, Bob Harlan, Ron Wolf, LeRoy Butler, Mike Holmgren and a few others will be there from what I understand.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I will get some pics. It's real weird. You walk around the stadium and just look for guys in suits. I got to talk to Kellen Winslow a few years back for like 10 minutes. Most of the time I just got autographs and shook thier hands. It's amazing though because these guys are everywhere.

It's actually the same field Kenny Peterson played high school football at. I have a buddy and he lives right across the street from Kenny's grandma. A few years back I was over there and we saw like 8 kids standing outside of my buddies house. We wondered what was going on and when we opened the door Kenny was signing autographs for these kids. We went out and I got to meet him and he actually sat on my Buddies porch for like a half an hour and talked to us while numerous kids ran up and got autographs. I didn't want to be to awe-struck so I just played it off like he was just another guy. I didn't ask alot of questions or anything.

He actually came over to my buddies house almost everytime he was in Canton seeing his Grandma after that. I was only there that one time though and my buddy moved now but it was cool nonetheless

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Pyle.....SWEET!!!
I got to go to the Hall of Fame back in 1986. I don't have any photos though! (DUH!!!)

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go up every year just about. The worst part is when GB finally came to to town the game got called because of lightening! I paid 500 for 2 seats on the 50 yard line on Ebay for those damn things!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Dude I was upset it got called. I wanted us to win that game!

That is a huge bummer for you though. No refund cuz of ebay too huh

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, it was awful, I think that was the first time my son got to see the Packers as well. To top it off I parked in some ladies yard and tore the hell out of it trying to get out. It was a giant mudpit. She was cool about it though.

Noone got thier money back, people were pissed!

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
...He also stated that the team has a game the day Reggie is going to be inducted. He said plans are in the making for GB to Charter him and a few others a flight to Canton so he can be there. Not sure who the "few others" are or if he was even talking about Packer players. I am assuming he may miss the game....
The Packer's annual scrimmage, known as "Family Night," will be conducted in front of a sold out Lambeau Field and begins at 7:30pm Central time...The induction ceremony begins at 12pm Central time...

I wonder if they are planning on flying these guys over (I would assume Hendo would go too...) and then bringing them back for the scrimmage...

Hard to imagine "Family Night" without the head of the Family...But harder to imagine these guys not being in Canton with Reg...

My guess is they somehow get both done - at least for Brett and Hendo...

Follow up: Apparently, a contingent of Packers is flying over for the Ceremony and then flying back for Family Night...

Reaction score
DePack said:
Somebody put on hose on those two!

SOMEBODEY GET DEPACK SOME ESL LESSONS! :p

And pyle, just wondering, how would you like to send me a couple of tickets? (This is the part where I mention that I am working for lawyers, and it wouldn't be too dificult to get you in a whole boat load of trouble real fast :wink: )

But in seriousness, I remember that game. I remember it well ebcause Madden got me all excited saying that he thought Reynolds was going to come into his own this year. :x

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
pyledriver80 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
pyledriver80 said:
Heather you can come stay with me......but.......I only have 1 bed.

ROFL....do you have a couch???

I do now, but I will make sure it's gone before you get here.

HA HA!!! LOL...well I will be bringing one..

lol pyle that was great

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
pyledriver80 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
pyledriver80 said:
Heather you can come stay with me......but.......I only have 1 bed.

lol pyle that was great

No need to bring the couch, your husband can sleep in my garage.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
pyledriver80 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
[quote="pyledriver80":5k6ye0dq]Heather you can come stay with me......but.......I only have 1 bed.

lol pyle that was great

Well you would have to ask him if he would do that...LOL...I have a blow up bed...

No need to bring the couch, your husband can sleep in my garage.[/quote:5k6ye0dq]

Members online

Latest posts