Favre met with Sherman for about 45 minutes

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Associated Press said:
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Brett Favre doesn't want to go out like this -- although he just might.

Favre was in a reflective mood after throwing four interceptions in Green Bay's 31-17 loss to the hated Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field on Sunday.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may sound like that - but who else would he be able to turn to..?

For whatever reason, he doesn't like Craig Nall - even thouugh Craig's a pretty good QB when it comes to brass nails. Sherman seemingly keeps lookin' for the "Corporate ****** types" in his searches for new talent...

Anyone remember how he let Ricky Ray ....walk away. I mean really - he had a two time Grey Cup winner in his Office - a guy who plays 16 out of 18 games each (in Canada)... in the OUTDOORS - and lets him walk.. Compared to the Tim Couch-trip fiasco... Latching onto Ricky Ray would have been a godsend.... IMHO, a perfect replacement for Brettt Favre to mentor with and then step down gracefully.... Talk about squandering a great talent when it comes to Brett Favre. If Irvin favre were alive today, he'd tell Brett to walk away from the situaiton... I have no doubt about that. Sherman needs to stop with the "white collar/blue collar" crap between the Coaches and the Team... and for next Season, IF.. he's still both the GM & Head Coach, then he'd better wait til "after" the damn game to go to Church. His whole Coaching Staff has almost no clue as to how to fire up a Team, especially for a playoff game... I'm here to tell ya... that Defense in the First quarter was totally asleep at the wheel. Period. We have a young-er team, but they do have some talent... just no competent coaching technique. Kurt Schottenheimer can go play with his Daddy. TODAY! And, Rossley - Please - Just step down and retire so you can worry more about your golfing handicapp in full spirit of the event - it's been in the way all season as it is.... you certainly weren't ever paying attention to football. Besides, your handicap will never be what Brett's already is anyway - why bother trying..

I would prefer Brett give Sherman the ultimatum - FIRE ROSSLEY! :puke:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Holy crap.

He's been with the Niners for 3yrs and 1yr with the Jets but yet says 1 NFL yr experience.

Thanks for the link, I wanted them to pick up Losman though.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why exactly that link shows Ray as a 49er for a few seasons. Maybe they list him as such because they held his NFL rights? He was playing for Edmonton in those years. He's listed with 1 year of NFL experience because this was the only year he was actually with an NFL team.

MTPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Sherman keeps Nall....I have had real good feelings about him since the first time I saw him.

If Favre can just get some time with his wife and daughters, and see that his wife is going to be ok (she just finished chemo and should be starting radiation soon), he might be able to clear his head and come back.....but he definently needs some time at home first.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What have we heard from Losman anyway? Anyone?
I like Nall, too - but having Ricky Ray around who's a proven contender.. couldn't hurt... let him and the other two fight it out...

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but having Ricky Ray around who's a proven contender
In the CFL maybe he was a proven QB. Most and I will say most, so I don't have Moon and the others thrown back at me, of the outstanding players in the CFL are only average at best when compared to their NFL counterparts. There is a reason they play up here and it is because they aren't good enough to play in the NFL let alone be star. Yes at times there has been some great talent come from the CFL, Thiesman, Moon, Flutie, Garcia but most of the players that make the switch become bench warmers for an NFL team but they do make a lot more money doing that.

Brett please come back .........

Later
Leopardmech

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's like saying the CFL is NO better than the NFL-E League....
So, why bother with any of them... or any Triple-A baseball for that matter either...

If Ricky was good enough to win TWO "Grey Cups" in a row...
Then I'd think he deserves a real chance.. right along with these two who have had European experience. It's only fair!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If its not the NFL its not valuable to gauge their 'talent' we can't even gauge talent efficiently during Pre Season when it is the NFL vs NFL 'talent'

I think we ought to keep Nall and see how he pans out before we fret.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's like saying the CFL is NO better than the NFL-E League
I personally don't think the CFL is any better than NFL-E or if it is even as good. NFL Europe is filled with players owned by the NFL sent there to train and get some experience. The CFL is filled with guys cut by NFL teams and sent away.

Later
Leopardmech

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts