1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Favre is the problem??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by digsthepack, Nov 7, 2005.

1. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Vick will probably be gone from the NFL in a few years due to injury....

I'm not wishing it on him..but it's kind of inevitable with his style of play...(and i don't think he's as durable as Steve Young)...

meanwhile..Favre will be in Canton, Ohio...

If the Packers surround him with some playmakers next year...Favre is the best (and only) chance to take them to the SB for awhile....

it can happen next year...

I don't see Vick making it anytime soon...

2. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The games are not all Favres fault but I do fault him for not running to get the first down. Then again he has never been known for hims rushing ability.

I do feel that the NFL stat keepers need to eliminate INTS that are tipped against a qb I mean come on that is such bs I cannot believe it.

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What a pile of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mike or Ron Mexico whatever he is not even a quarterback and I bet his brother is even dumber than him if that is possible.
    I don't usually jump on other teams players but this guy is soooooooooooooo overrated it makes me want to puke! :puke:

4. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pudge runs the Falcon website as part of the alliance Ryan has associated this forum. Don't think your going to convince him of anything.

Taking quotes out of context, well that can stir up a board.

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow......now I know why my posts are edited. I'm not sure my shot at Ron Mexico or his little ex-con brother were out of line. I thought it was public record.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The problem to me is that he is carrying the entire team on his shoulders. This is supposed to be a team sport.

7. Pudge

Pudge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Then what is your definition of a QB? I hear people say this so much about Vick, saying he's a RB or whatever. If he's not a QB, then tell me what is and who is a QB?

Do you have to complete 55% of your passes. Throw for over 2500 yards? Have a 2:1 TD to INT ratio? Have a passer rating of 80 or more? If those are the measures of an NFL quarterback, then VIck has already reached such plateaus.

8. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Technically isn't anyone in the back field just a "back" quarter, half, or full. The QB has just evolved into more of a pass oriented back. So technically Vick is a QB, he just has the ability to revert to a true "back" and take off with the ball :)

9. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As the topic states, " Is BF the problem ?", the answer is clearly no. We easily could be cruising if we had everyone back off of IR with the way our D is playing. That has not happened but it's not BF's fault. True his INT's are up, 7, the receivers fault, he's victomized by meeting teammates for the first time, in a huddle during a game. Taco Wllace, Gado? Obviously we can't run the whole play book due to all the new faces, plus penalties are up due to the inexperiences.

Comparing Favre to Vick is ludicrous. Apples and oranges. Favre is a passer who may run while Vick is a run first throw second QB. True Vick is one of the most exciting players/athletes out there but you can't compare him to Favre because they are almost exact opposite styles for that position. At the end of the day you just want the win, and currently, the Falcons different team units are playing collectively better than the Pack. The QB position is one of the rare exceptions.

10. Cobra5

Cobra5 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the world of Brett! His enthusiasm and love of the game over the years has made me proud to be a Packer fan. Brett is not having a good year because the Pack is 1-7. His stats aren't fantastic but they are still better than many other QB's in the league. I wish Sherman had as much motivation as Favre!!!

11. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    MS has a reputation as being a meticulous hard working coach willing to put in the long hours. One of the last things I'd accuse him of is not being motivated.

12. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah Musscy..

But motivation without knowledge and talent don't get you very far...

Like the kid who whines because he worked on his paper all night and still got an "F", but the kid who spent 10 mins. gets the "A"..

Face it..SherRossley just doesn't "have it"...

He's been in over his head from day one...and is "mediocre" at best...

Good Riddence..i say!

13. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    musccy...just because he is self motivated does not mean he is able to motivate or lead others. Big difference.

14. Pudge

Pudge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Interestingly enough, nobody stepped up to answer my question. I guess they were stumped. :p

15. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    was that the definition of a QB question?

well i think if you can consistently lead your offense to scoring drives then you are a fine QB in my mind. Vick is the Anti-Peyton, but Peyton will have a much longer career.

(yes i coined the phrase "Vick is the Anti-Peyton")

16. IU_packfan

IU_packfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    as a person who lives in southern indiana, and obviously a diehard packer fan, i am disgusted at how some of the people have made light of the tornado. how does a post about favre turn into those "people should have seen it coming". i have always thought that packer fans are the best around, but come on, 24 people died, hundreds, thats right, hundreds of homes got destroyed, and thats not just your trailers people, its $250,000 homes. there are people around here who do not know anyone affected and are doing all the can to help those hurt. and i come on to see what everyone is saying about the packers and get this. packer fans are supposed to stand together thru thick and thin, just as people down here are doing. basicly im disgusted, hope all the people who make good post and have true belief in the pack dont take this to heart, but for the rest of you you should, i just hope you never have to experience anything like this, website below.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/link.asp?L ... v=menu54_3

IU_packfan