1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favre and rebuilding Packers just aren't working

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    [align=center][​IMG][/align]

2. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trade AR. End the controversy. We also had Brooks,Warner,Hasselbeck,Brunell, and every other QB under Favre to be his successor. He'll play one more year, get a rookie then, trade AR for Picks, and give him a proper exit instead of having to read everyone's version of the same answer with Favre.

3. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I read that several times..... hell, I just read it again as I typed this and it made no sense at all. :shock:

4. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is sad and if it comes true it will perhaps be one of the darkest days in Packer history. Brett has gave us so much, and if he doesn't retire a GB Packer I would be disappointed.

What I don't understand is the rush to get A-Rod in. This team under our current management seems YEARS and YEARS away from making any sort of SB run. If GB is gearing up for a run in two years they better hope the stars align just right. The youth in ALL positions would have to pan out. That just doesn't happen. Guys will succeed and guys will fail. Unfortunately for GB we have youth at EVERY position and the chances of them all panning out at the same learning curve is highly unlikely.

I have given up on this team. Not the individual players but the management. We will not, and I repeat WILL NOT, make any sort of noise with the GM that we have now. If I am wrong feel free to rub it in my face, but I just see years of struggling ahead.

Brett was given a raw deal IMO. TT wasn't man enough to be straight with Brett. For that I don't even care if the Packers win a damn game or not. I care that Brett gets his records and retires a Packer even if it is on an 0-16 note.

It's not jumping off the bandwagon as I will still be a Packer fan. I've been one as long as I can remember. I just see this season as a complete waste. I'm not excited about the guys we have outside of a few. To me these won't be the guys to get us back to contention so excuse me if I don't get excited over Brady Poppinga or Tyrone Culver, Jason Spitz, Abdul Hodge, Marviel Underwood, etc. These guys IMO are going to be lucky to Peak at average. Maybe one or two will become solid starters but more likely than not these guys will slip into NFL obscurity with names like Brent Fullwood, Perry Kemp, PaulOtt Carruth, Tiger Greene, etc.

Let Brett play, hell let him throw 40 interceptions, whats it going to hurt? When he doesn't throw INT's we still get our asses kicked. He to me is not holding this team back from moving on because we have nowhere to go anytime soon.

I have put the Packers aside for this year and am enjoying Brett's final hoorah. I'm taking it in with the realization that I may never see another player of his calibur in a GB uniform again. As painful as it his to see Brett go out like he is, he can't make-up for the mismanagement or the untimely rebuilding of this franchise, so his records are about the only positive that can come out of this year. If that makes me less of a fan, so be it.

I'm preparing for the days of old with no glimmers of brightness in the near future. I know the glory days are over and you can't be on top every year. Apparently some think this team needs to rebuild and I agree. This team does need rebuilding........from the top down.

5. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    First, excellent piece Z2C,

That being said, I agree with Pyle on a few things here but I am too pissed with our organization at the moment to go on or I may say something I will regret in the future. We ( Green Bay ) better make his final year or years here worth him staying for though. That's all I have to say !!!

6. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why put A-Rod in behind an O-line that can't protect him? The only thing it will do is get him killed.

How many young Qb's(or other players) have never reached their potential because they were thrown to the wolves, being forced to play before they were ready or before they could be protected properly?

TT got this all wrong, he seemed to forget that a dominant O-line is the first key to a dominant offense.

7. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    John Elway rookie season - 11 games
    Dan Marino rookie season- 11 games
    Troy Aikman rookie season – 11 games
    Peyton Manning rookie season – 16 games
    Eli Manning rookie season – 9 games
    Carson Palmer rookie season – 14 games
    Donovan McNabb rookie season – 12 games
    Byron Leftwich rookie season – 15 games
    Ben Roethlisberger rookie season – 14 games
    Terry Bradshaw rookie season – 13 games
    Fran Tarkenton rookie season - 14 games
    Dan Fouts rookie season - 10 games
    Bart Starr rookie season - 9 games
    Joe Montana rookie season - 16 games
    Joe Namath rookie season - 13 games
    Johnny Unitas rookie season - 12 games
    Joe Theismann rookie season - 9 games

Hell, even Kyle Orton played in 15 games in his rookie season.
    Now name me a few QBs who could have been great or even just very good but were ruined because they actually played the game before they turned 25.

8. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    philbert - you just don't GET it do you?? rodgers is back-up to FAVRE, for cripes sakes, who is in his last season with the team he has been loyal to for 15 seasons!! you can post stats outta your a$$ but until you find a situation that exactly matches the one that GB is in right now - don't bother!

reading that article made me want to throw up & cry all at the same time. yes, i'm THAT emotional, at times, about this team & brett favre. part of me says let him go & have success elsewhere - the other part of me says keep him here & let the chips fall where they may this season.

either way, the organization really forked this whole situation up because they didn't have the balls to tell favre they'd really rather not have him on the team this season. i know that all signs pointed towards that with the signings they made & didn't make BUT think about it...favre is at the end of an amazing career but isn't quite ready to end it - even though everything is pointing toward this team rebuilding - he's got TT telling him they are NOT rebuilding - he takes a leap of faith & decides to stick around for another season. partially his fault (because he loves the game) but MOSTLY the managements fault!!

i know i shouldn't feel sorry for him because he's made millions but the people who use that logic don't really understand favre. he'd STILL play for the packers even if he wasn't making millions - the man LOVES the game!!

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    This guy implies Brett is cold towards Aaron.
    [​IMG]

Yeah...

10. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    thats my new favorite picture

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Waste of time and ink.

The only reason some a-hole like this would even right such a non-informed article is because it is about Brett Favre and everybody wants a piece of Brett. Hell that's why guys like Phil post here.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Haha, perfect post.

13. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Except I typed "right" instead of "write". :oops:

14. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How many rookies are on our team now? From the OL to WR to new RB, on D we have new LB, DB, etc...For a team to get experienced we need to have some success for repition sake. With Favre in the game, the offense does move. This gives experience to the OL, the RB's the WR. It also keeps the D off the field for a breather. If AR was in, we'd go 3 and out and bring the D in without much rest at all. A tired D doesn't gel, they get hurt. #and out on O is not going to give the neccessary repition to gain experience.
    Bottom line: Favre helps rebuild this team and get more rookies and 1st year players a better chance to gain experience and team chemistry.
    With AR, the O players will not get as much on the job experience and the D will more than likely get hurt from being on the field way too long.

15. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From the article
    Zero..why are you posting conspiracy theories here about TT?

Do you really believe this article, or are you posting it to be provocative and get a rise out of people on this forum? I happen to agree with alot of the article, especially the part about TT (yet, I get accused of spouting conspiracies), but not the part about replacing Favre with Rodgers. Hell, Steve Young sat behind Montana for years and it didn't hurt him. So there you have it.

To me, I think TT has placed all of his eggs in Aaron Rodgers easter basket, and he wants to get him on the field now, but doesn't know how to. I've actually come to the same realization that Brett has been screwed and should go elsewhere to compete because he's not going to get any help by TT any time soon.

But the bottom line is, Brett Favre should go out on his own terms, not benched by a rookie head coach to see if the GM's mancrush on Aaron Rodgers is going to pan out or not.

Zero..i heard that Favre punched Rodgers in the face a minute after that picture was snapped. You sure you want to go posting pictures like that? LOL. It might perpetuate the hatred.

16. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    favre is not going to get benched any time this season, so their is no use talking about that.

if tt wanted favre to leave he should have told him. i agree wit you guys that fave is helping this team rebuild. we need some expirence on this team.

17. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    what hatred.

anyway. there is absolutely no evidence that TT wants Brett Favre out of there so he can start his draft pick A-rod.

Ive seen no evidence that TT even likes A-rod that much.

The only evidence i see at all is the countless quotes from TT, MM and Favre that Favre can play as long as he likes and hes not hurting the team at all. And that as long as Favre wants to stay, he will start.

without evidence its just conspiracy theories. You cant just go around making up personal conflict like its a real thing. You cant just say hey i bet TT loves A-rod so much and Hates brett favre so much that hes trying to replace him. its stupid highschool gossip and its bush.

all you can do is go by actions, and what comes directly from the horses mouth. and so far the only evidence you have is killing your arguments.

18. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. Brett has EARNED that right.

19. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Exhibit A - Letting Wahle Go
    Exhibit B - Starting 2 Rookie Guards
    Exhibit C - Not trying to sign a FA experienced Guard
    Exhibit D - Failing to get Brett another experienced WR
    Exhibit E - Messing with the backfield post week 1 where Green had 110yds
    Exhibit F - Bringing in a rookie head coach who can't adjust on the fly

I'm sorry but there is more evidence that TT is rebuilding than trying to field a contender for a playoff run.

20. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Exhibit A - Letting Wahle Go
    Exhibit B - Starting 2 Rookie Guards
    Exhibit C - Not trying to sign a FA experienced Guard
    Exhibit D - Failing to get Brett another experienced WR
    Exhibit E - Messing with the backfield post week 1 where Green had 110yds
    Exhibit F - Bringing in a rookie head coach who can't adjust on the fly

Haha Pyle should be starring in CSI GreenBay. And don't provoke him cause there is more evidence. I'm not sure if I'd say TT wanted Favre gone or if it's just that he wasn't willing to do anything extra to put him in a place to succeed

21. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Cdnfavrefan, there are many ways to disgrace a tv program, that however was one of the worst.

In defense of CSI, they view ALL scenarios possible. Something the disgrace does not care to disclose in their posts.

22. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Yep, way to insult instead of argue Zero, could you please put together the OTHER side of the scenario for me?

23. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    How does any of that mean, "Hey Brett, i want you outta here"

Hes making decisions based on the Green Bay Packers. Not Brett Favre.

He wants Brett to play until he is 49 years old if he still can do it. But he isnt. and TT isnt going to make his ultimate Franchise decisions based on a guy who is gonna play one more year max. Thats silly and would ultimately hurt the Green Bay Packers for years to come.

So the decisions hes making might not be ideal for a fiscally damaging futile attempt at a playoff run. but they sure do make us better for the long haul.

24. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I wouldn't go so far as to use the word SURE. It remains to be seen if these moves will prove prosperous or a complete waste of present and future seasons

25. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Oh so TT's just not concentating on winning anytime soon. I see now.

So why tell Brett he is not rebuilding?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.