1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite moment in 2010 REGULAR season?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by cheesehurdler, Feb 26, 2011.

?

What is your favorite moment in the 2010 Packers regular season?

1. "Big Disaster for Big D", the 45-7 thrashing of the Cowboys

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. "Favre Bowl IV: Destruction in the Dome", the 31-3 rout of the Vikings in the Metrodome

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Cutler giving us a berth to the postseason with a last minute interception in the season finale

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Other (please explain)

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Seeing as how the last "Favorite Moment" poll was extremely lopsided (The Super Bowl got 75.68% of the votes), I've decided to put up another thread about this question: What was your favorite moment in the regular season?

Mine is the "Destruction in the Dome", Favre's replacement Aaron Rodgers throwing for 4 touchdowns against Favre's team, the Vikings. This was the real "revenge game" for Rodgers, seeing as how Favre absolutely embarrassed them in the first two meetings, and how the Favre sycophants said that it was "karma" for "disrespecting" him. There was karma, but it was directed to a different team. :happy0005::viksux:

Dallas being embarrassed is a close second, though.

2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    I already voted for the Dallas game in the other poll so I better do it here. Driver's 60+yd reception wasn't bad for an old man.

3. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,983
    I voted for the Dome destruction because I hated it last year when Vikings fans were rubbing everything in our face all the time. It was sweet revenge.

4. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    I picked "Favre Bowl IV," but now I'm not so sure. I remember feeling so gratified after the Packers won "Favre Bowl III," that was something else, it was sweet revenge. Then "Favre Bowl IV" essentially ended the Vikings' season and silenced all Favre fans for good.

The one other one I'll throw in is the win over the Giants. It was absolutely necessary to win, and the Packers not only won but demolished the Giants, with Kuhn scoring 3 TDs. That was so huge, after we wondered how Rodgers would be after the second concussion. As it turns out, he was just fine.

5. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    The Bears game that got us in the playoffs!

6. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    For me, it doesn't get much better than the Packers beating the Bears at Soldier Field to earn a spot in the Super Bowl.

Our dreams come true, theirs are shattered.

Priceless.

7. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Man, I would vote all of the above and then some.

8. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Favre bowl IV here.

Big D(estruction) is a close second as my brother lives just outside of Dallas. He wont admit is now but in the befor the season started all he could talk about was how A-Rod was overrated and Romo willwin 2 super bowls and the Packers dont have a chance.

He is pretty much just a hater now. He hasnt called me since halftime of the Super Bowl to tell me it was all going to fall apart in the second half.

9. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    Favre Bowl IV. It was the second straight game where we demolished the team and got their coach fired. The day after Chilly got fired, I pulled up next to a guy with Vikings stuff on the back of his SUV (don't see many Vikings fans here in VA) and held up my Packers hat as I drove by him. He was a good sport though, just laughed it off.

My runner up is the Desean Jackson punt return TD vs. the Giants (well actually the whole 4th quarter of that game). I know it's not really a Packers moment, but it was one crazy ending to a game. And without it, we couldn't have made our Super Bowl run.

10. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    Favre Bowl IV. Felt so good for rodgers. Its one thing to beat the vikings just barely, but its a whole other thing to embarrass them at their place. Also it was my birthday that day and I got a brand new Rodgers jersey that I wore for each of the six win-or-go-home games.

11. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Blasting the Giants.

Because unlike the Favre Bowl it was a game with significant Playoff implications.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nick 52

Nick 52 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    My favourite game from the regular season was the crushing of Dallas.
    My favourite moment was on that "3rd and 1" in the second quarter when the Claymaker destroyed their running back.

These choices are governed by the facts that I hate Dallas more than any other team, and Clay is my favourite player.

13. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    My favorite moment had to be the back to back wins over the Giants and Bears.

No one thought we would beat Giants, they were 3 point favorites, and we proved to the world how overrated they truly were. Then we did it to the Bears.

To me that was the best moment of the season. I didn't think we'd even make the playoffs but that Giants thrashing proved me wrong.

14. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    That was not a regular season game

Mine would have to be the week 17 game

15. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    Thrashing the Giants and beating the Bears the next week to get into the playoffs.
    Demolishing the Cowboys and the Vikings also puts a smile on my face

• Like Like x 1
  16. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    The one best play that sticks out in my mind was Donald Drivers catch, run and TD in the 49'er game at Lambeau. The '29 style uni's worn that game where too cool.

• Like Like x 1
  17. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    The Dallas game.

How can you not like beating a team we always seem to have to play in Dallas and lose there? And almost every time we CAN get them up at Lambeau we seem to annhilate them. Not to mention a game so humiliating to the owner he cans the coach the next day.

To bad it wasn't Romo at the helm, even though I don't think that would have helped them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

That was one for the books. I loved hearing it over the radio "The old man still has it!"

19. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    I had to go with the destruction of Dallas, because I was at that game and witnessed it first hand and because I live in Texas and hate the Cowboys!

• Like Like x 1
  20. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    When Raji lined up as a FB against the Patriots. I was like LMAO all Pats LBs were like oh hell no I'm not taking him just let em score.

21. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Had to go with the Favre Bowl, for the symbolism. Tack the Super Bowl win on after that, like a big, fat, exclamation point to the following sentence: "Not only do we not need you, we're actually better off without you. Buh-bye."

• Like Like x 2
  22. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    This seson was filled with great moments, (the revenge on Favre, getting 2 coaches fired, beating the Bears in the NFCCG at their place, getting to the SB by making a playoff run on the road, and of course WINNING THE SUPER BOWL.) I can't remember a season with so many legendary moments.

• Like Like x 1
  23. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Almost beating New England at New England with a backup QB! THATS when I knew we were a good team.

• Like Like x 1
  24. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    Anyone have the "intro of the players" during SB Pregame? Where they have casual showcases of our WR's and such?